Star Wars - Timeline (New Canon)

Added tentative placements for the three untitled short stories that will be published in Star Wars - Rise of the Empire. It will reprint both the A New Dawn and Tarkin novels, as well as three new original short stories, one of which ties into the Aftermath novel.

Updated for the upcoming Star Wars - The Rise of the Empire anthology, that'll collect the A New Dawn and Tarkin novels as well as three original short stories by Melissa Scott, John Jackson Miller, and Jason Fry. It's set for release on October 6, 2015.

As of now the short story titles are unknown. I'll update the titles when they're announced.

It was also mentioned in the announcement article I linked to that the stories will link Tarkin and A New Dawn, likely indicating the three stories all occur between the two books as well.

Also hoping at some point they do an anthology collection of all the various short stories, like a Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina or Tales from Jabba's Palace type anthology.

Hoping Disney gets in the habit of collecting the Star Wars canon material like short stories or the short comics in the Rebels magazine into anthologies or omnibuses/collections. Just makes it easier for fans to collect the stuff, and given all the attention the new focused continuity is getting it makes sense for them to keep the interest piqued by offering all those canon stories in easy to find and collect forms (as opposed to spread across various Star Wars related magazines and the occasional anthology book like this one). It also offers the ability to profit twice for the same material for those OCD Star Wars fans who prefer collections over individual magazines, etc.

Star Wars - Kanan: The Last Padawan #2 was pretty good. It did a great job of transitioning the Clones from the trusted allies of the Jedi, the carrying out of Order 66, and their conversion into very Stormtrooper-like behavior (right down to searching cities and harassing citizens to find young Caleb). It does the same for the Jedi, at least in Caleb's case, as its outlined that he never was really taught to survive, and now as a fugitive marked for death, starving, sleeping in the gutter, and on the run, he's at the polar opposite end of where he was as a Jedi Padawan.

Its an interesting contrast and one that was explored well in the comic. I also like that this issue essentially ties in with the prologue chapter of A New Dawn.

That's the (unofficial) English translation of the new canon Korean webcomic that picks up before A New Hope and covers some of Luke's childhood on Tatooine, eventually adapting A New Hope itself starting with Chapter 3.

This is very useful. Nice find, wyo!

I was wondering, because it says copyright lucasfilm but the grammar was a bit wonky in parts and the font on the speech bubbles didn't look professional at all.

I was wondering, because it says copyright lucasfilm but the grammar was a bit wonky in parts and the font on the speech bubbles didn't look professional at all.

Yeah. I'm hoping they do an official English translation soon. I'm sure they will. Whether that English version is posted online for free, or only available through a TPB collection of the entire series at some point in the future, remains to be seen.

Someone over on the Wookieepedia page for the Korean ANH adaptation emailed Disney Korea and asked if this would be translated into other languages. It was confirmed that the story will be collected and translated, likely into a TPB volume once the adaptation complete. Considering its up to Chapter 5 and they still haven't left Tatooine, I figure the adaptation will run between 15-20 chapters total. So it'll probably finish its online publication exclusively in Korean in a few months (probably by August or September).

I imagine we'll see an English translation of it sometime next year.

So both Star Wars and Star Wars - Darth Vader have finished their first arcs. And man, those arcs were pretty strong.

Loved how both SW #6 and SW-DV #6 ended the same way, crossing over the events in the relative titles to Vader finding out that not only does he have a son, but his son is the same one who destroyed the Death Star.

Wasn't a fan of the "Han's ex-wife" thing. Not a fan of that cliche.

You might want to recheck me, but I am 90% sure it's chapter 20, Son of Dathomir, chapter 21.

You might want to recheck me, but I am 90% sure it's chapter 20, Son of Dathomir, chapter 21.

Nope. It's definitely between Chapter 21 and 22.

Chapter 21 continues immediately from the previous chapter shifting to Voss' POV after Ventress was knocked out by Dooku at the end of Chapter 20. Chapter 22 begins:

"There was no way for Vos to reckon the passage of time in the cell. It could have been a few days, or a month."

That's definitely the ideal place to insert the events of Son of Dathomir.

Last edited:
Nope. It's definitely between Chapter 21 and 22.

Chapter 21 continues immediately from the previous chapter shifting to Voss' POV after Ventress was knocked out by Dooku at the end of Chapter 20. Chapter 22 begins:

"There was no way for Vos to reckon the passage of time in the cell. It could have been a few days, or a month."

That's definitely the ideal place to insert the events of Son of Dathomir.

Ah. Looks like I got listen to it again.

Edit: for some reason on my digital copy the chapters are mixed up.

Last edited:
It's astonishing how large the universe has gotten in just a year.

Latest posts

Back