Star Wars - Timeline (New Canon)

That game is really good. I bought the rest of it and am really enjoying it. I'm too out of it to go into why though lol.

Yeah, it's one of the best touch screen games I've played on my phone. Controls are really tight.

Timeline wise this game must occur sometime before Empire Day, since it mentions Ezra is 14 in the game (he turns 15 in the episode Empire Day, since he was born on the same day the Empire came into being), plus Ezra is still using his stun slingshot instead of his lightsaber (indicating it occurs before Path of the Jedi, and since Empire Day, Gathering Forces, and Path of the Jedi all happen consecutively without much--or any--room in between, it seems the game must occur in 5 BBY and before Empire Day--which picks up in 4 BBY based on the 15th anniversary of the Empire and Ezra turning 15).

So Random House released the first 50 pages or so of Lords of the Sith. It places the book "8 years after the Clone Wars ravaged the galaxy". Many might interpret that as being 8 years after Revenge of the Sith (when the Clone Wars ended with the death of Dooku), but the official order places Lords of the Sith before Tarkin (the novel), which definitely occurs in 14 BBY (5 years after RotS). Therefore I'm assuming they mean LotS occurs 8 years after the Clone Wars began in 22 BBY, which would place Lords of the Sith also in 14 BBY, before the events of the Tarkin novel. That makes sense of both the opening crawl placing it 8 years after (the beginning to the war), and before Tarkin.

Cham Syndulla (the Twi'lek who appeared in the Clone Wars series as a freedom fighter in the Ryloth episodes), who is the father of Hera Syndulla from Rebels, plays a large role in the novel, so I'm hoping for at least a cameo by Hera (this book occurs 3 years before her appearance in A New Dawn--where she's around 18 or 19, so if she does show up she'd be around 15 or 16 years old in LotS). Perhaps it can set up her quest and motivations against the Empire a tad.

Last edited:
Looks like they (thankfully) changed the title of the overly long "Star Wars - Return of the Jedi: How a Princess, a Scoundrel, a Hairy Giant, Two Droids, Lots of Cute Furry Things, and a Jedi Knight Saved the Galaxy!"

No title should be a paragraph in and of itself.

It's now titled Star Wars - Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!

Last edited:
"Star Wars - Return of the Jedi: How a Princess, a Scoundrel, a Hairy Giant, Two Droids, Lots of Cute Furry Things, and a Jedi Knight Saved the Galaxy!"

:lol: That's amazing. I want to see their ideas for all the movies.

Star Wars - The Phantom Menace: How a Jedi Knight and his Padiwan, a Princess, and an inept amphibious alien who seems to be a racist archetype of a vaudevillian black man meet Darth Vader back when he was cute and had blonde hair. The Saga Begins, the franchize may never recover.

:lol: That's amazing. I want to see their ideas for all the movies.

Star Wars - The Phantom Menace: How a Jedi Knight and his Padiwan, a Princess, and an inept amphibious alien who seems to be a racist archetype of a vaudevillian black man meet Darth Vader back when he was cute and had blonde hair. The Saga Begins, the franchize may never recover.

Brilliant!

New 4-Part Clone Wars Story Reel Arc "Bad Batch" to be premiered at Star Wars Celebration

In a special March 2014 StarWars.com blog post celebrating the Netflix release of Star Wars: The Clone Wars – The Lost Missions, series supervising director Dave Filoni thanked fans for their continued support, and shared his own sketches and concept art. He ended his post with one teaser image and note, addressing one of the show's unanswered questions: "Yes, Echo is alive." Finally, fans of the clone trooper will find out how and why.

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that a previously unreleased four-episode story reel, "Bad Batch," telling the story of how Captain Rex and company rescued Echo, will screen exclusively at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim. The unfinished episodes (similar to the Utapau arc that appeared on StarWars.com) feature complete, final voice performances, specifically by Dee Bradley Baker, who voices the elite clones of "Bad Batch" group.

The screening will take place at the Digital Stage on Friday, April 17, at noon. A Q&A with Filoni, Baker, and writers Brent Friedman and Matt Michnovetz will follow. So mark your calendars, and prepare to welcome back one of the clone army's greatest warriors!

No word on if these will be released to BluRay/DVD like the Utapau Story Reel episodes were (on the Clone Wars Season 6/Lost Missions Bluray/DVD set as a special feature). Maybe on the Rebels - Season 1 Bluray/DVD? I hope, anyway...

I hope everything from Celebration is posted online. I want to see all of the trailers.

Lando Miniseries Coming In July

Lot of focus on this time period. I wonder how much longer that will stay the case and if after that's finished if those time periods will be revisited less. I imagine they'll flesh out the OT time period first, then prequel, and then start focusing on that gap between Jedi and Awakens. I also kind of see them making each film take place several years apart to have more room to play. While they do that pre-prequel stuff could probably be going on too. I can't wait!

I hope everything from Celebration is posted online. I want to see all of the trailers.

Lando Miniseries Coming In July

Lot of focus on this time period. I wonder how much longer that will stay the case and if after that's finished if those time periods will be revisited less. I imagine they'll flesh out the OT time period first, then prequel, and then start focusing on that gap between Jedi and Awakens. I also kind of see them making each film take place several years apart to have more room to play. While they do that pre-prequel stuff could probably be going on too. I can't wait!

Yeah I expect the trailers and Bad Batch Story Reel episodes will be up online within a few days at most of their premieres at Celebration.

As for the Lando mini, cool.

It seems they're focusing mainly on the period between Ep III-IV (A New Dawn, Rebels, Kanan-The Last Padawan comic, Dark Disciple novel, unfinished Clone Wars episodes, Darth Maul-SoD, etc) and the original trilogy era with (Heir to the Jedi, most of the new Marvel comics, Battlefront, etc).

I imagine they will indeed start delving into the period between Ep VI-VII just before Ep VII is released this year (as evidenced by the few post-RotJ works coming in September to December) and starting in 2016 you'll see focus shifted from the Prequel and Original Trilogy eras to post-RotJ.

May even see some post-Ep VII novels or comics awhile after Ep VII is released in theaters, probably around Spring or Summer 2016 that'll continue well into 2018 as a bridge to Episode VIII.

Wow. I went from barely being able to contain my excitement for Battlefront to not at all. And no campaign. There is a novel though.

Aggresive DLC plan, no space battles, no clones, all the actual gameplay is being shown behind closed doors, and no campaign. They're going to have single/co-op/online missions but they haven't defined what those are. This just sounds awful. Two years spent on an online multiplayer game that's more like Battlefield than Battlefront. I'm sad.

Aggresive DLC plan, no space battles, no clones, all the actual gameplay is being shown behind closed doors, and no campaign. They're going to have single/co-op/online missions but they haven't defined what those are. This just sounds awful. Two years spent on an online multiplayer game that's more like Battlefield than Battlefront. I'm sad.

Oh, for Christ's sake!

Oh, for Christ's sake!

Is that directed towards DICE or my irrational hatred of online multiplayer? Because they might have gotten rid of the classes too because rocket launchers are now pickup items and AT-AT's are on rail.

Last edited:
Updated for Star Wars - Anthology: Rogue One's placement. No firm dates/years yet, but given the plot involves stealing the plans for the Death Star, and the teaser trailer showing it mostly completed, I'm assuming Rogue One happens at MOST a year or two before ANH, though it's more likely only a few months (since presumably the characters in this film are successful in stealing the plans and getting them to Princess Leia, which is now ANH begins).

Once it's confirmed I'll place it firmly.

Also now updated for all new upcoming releases (films, novels, comics, video games, etc) announced at SW Celebration... least so far...

This Korean webcomic is canon

Heddle is working with a Korean creator, Writer Hong, who is retelling the original trilogy in an artful new way. It adds in bits about Luke's childhood, Uncle Owen struggling, and deleted scenes.

I actually really like this. The idea of Obi Wan being Luke's guardian angel is great and I'm sure it's giving him all kind of feels watching over Anakin's child.

Last edited:

I actually really like this. The idea of Obi Wan being Luke's guardian angel is great and I'm sure it's giving him all kind of feels watching over Anakin's child.

If it's canon they better offer various language versions so people who don't read Korean can check it out.

Apparently Star Wars Insider is going to have a regular Blade Squadron series of short stories that tie in with the upcoming Aftermath novel. Not sure when that'll start but likely before September.

Last edited:
Updated for the Korean webcomic "Story Before the Force Awakens". I'm assuming if it ever gets an Engkish translation it'll be simply "Before the Force Awakens" or something. I think I've got the years right, but as I can't read Korean some of it is guesswork. Had to split up the second Part to account for the couple time jumps.

I like that idea too, and from what I've been seeing in the comic the guardian angel moniker certainly applies. It even ties into when Luke first encounters Ben, with Ben using (I think) Krayt Dragon sounds to scare off the Sand People, in ANH. Ben's been saving Luke's behind for awhile, it seems, which does make sense as Luke is portrayed as kind of a daredevil (his mentions of womp rat targeting and daring piloting in his skiff even growing up on Tatooine).

Are you able to actually read it/translate it, wyo? If you're using software let me know, would love to read it. I'm basing my timeline placements off what I can assume from the artwork, the occasional number, and what's written about it on Wookieepedia and theforce.net boards.

Here's the trailer for Star Wars - Rebels Season 2.

http://youtu.be/Av8GjpGK98A

Looks like fun. Like that they have to leave Lothal due to the pressure the Empire is applying. Having the Emperor, Vader, and Ahsoka show up occasionally during Season 2 will be fun, and I have a feeling that scene shown at the end with Vader battling Kanan and Ezra (and thoroughly winning and using the Force to move Ezra's light saber towards his neck) will end with Ahsoka showing up. That'll be interesting.

Latest posts

Back