Star Wars - Timeline (New Canon)

Battlefront to Debut at Celebration

At last! I hope it comes out on a system I have

Next month promises a wealth of new Star Wars news:

-A new trailer for The Force Awakens

-Likely news on future spin off/solo films for 2018 and maybe even 2020

-News about Rebels Season 2

-All the various tie-ins for TFA (the spin off comics, novels, etc)

-Battlefront. Can't wait to see what they've done with the franchise.

Next month promises a wealth of new Star Wars news:

-A new trailer for The Force Awakens

-Likely news on future spin off/solo films for 2018 and maybe even 2020

-News about Rebels Season 2

-All the various tie-ins for TFA (the spin off comics, novels, etc)

-Battlefront. Can't wait to see what they've done with the franchise.

I'm so glad I got back into Star Wars and am actually really into it like I was when I was a kid. Has realized how much I missed it.

I'm sure they will eventually. You can always try the digital or print versions. They're really that good (especially the SW ongoing and Vader ongoing... I haven't been impressed by the Princess Leia mini yet).

I can't tell if Princess Leia needs to find it's footing or what. It's just incredibly dull and seems really pointless. My guess is all the people they're gathering are gonna die and she'll really be the last of her race.

Live action Star Wars TV series coming...?

This sounds smart, at least in terms of reusing existing sets and props from the new SW trilogy for the show to save on production costs, and filming between when the films would be at Pinewood studios.

Plus it would likely be a ratings juggernaut. Given that they're waiting to nail down the storyline of the upcoming Episodes VIII and IX (VII is done filming so...) and any upcoming spin off films that may affect the sequel trilogy, we probably won't see this until 2017 or 2018 or so.

So if I'm getting this right Darth Vader is going to be The Adventures of Anakin, Shattered Glass Indiana Jones, SG C3-PO, and SG R2-D2? (I know I'm mixing references)

Last edited:

Shattered Glass Universe is a Transformers thing. It's a universe where the Decepticons wage their battles against the evil forces of the Autobots. I'm guessing you haven't read the new issue. It'll make more sense if you do.

Oh... ok, then.

Anyway, updating the timeline for the upcoming adaptations of the films, since these new versions will be told from the viewpoints of different characters and not just be a straight up adaptation of the films (well they will be, but told from the point of view of the main characters).

Not a fan of the RotJ title.

There is not a single thing wrong in that title. Having said that, you sure those are canon?

Last edited:
Darth Vader #3 was excellent. Really loving that series.

Added a placement for what appears to be a novelization for the upcoming Battlefront game. If its just a novelization I'll probably end up removing it, but if it does offer any new story content, or is a new tale or side story to the game, I'll keep it in the timeline.

There is not a single thing wrong in that title.

Definitely not a fan of the unnecessarily long, overly descriptive and cutesy attempt at a title. Seriously, that title literally serves as a basic spoiler of the film itself, without the charm it was attempting.

Having said that, you sure those are canon?

Not 100% sure, but it was said they'd be doing new versions of the novelizations (probably so they could get rid of the original novelizations which don't mesh with the new continuity completely in certain instances), and I expect these are those. Also, the fact its told from the viewpoint of the characters instead of just a narrative adaptation like the previous novelizations may mean original content (scenes, etc, or at the very least those scenes from those characters' points of view).

Its listed tentatively, as everything else is, until its released. If it ends up not being canon (unlikely since 99.9% of what they release is canon), I'll remove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of just don't see the point of counting adaptions is all. The film should be the actual story.

I kind of just don't see the point of counting adaptions is all. The film should be the actual story.

Normally I agree with that, but if it's an adaptation that expands on the film as official canon through the view points of the various characters, that's a different story.

It's sort of similar to how I include the adaptations of the films in the MCU timeline. Only one added a new scene, but I've included them all for uniformity.

Last edited:
Normally I agree with that, but if it's an adaptation that expands on the film as official canon through the view points of the various characters, that's a different story.

It's sort of similar to how I include the adaptations of the films in the MCU timeline. Only one added a new scene, but I've included them all for uniformity.

I thought two did. I know Iron Man's did but I swear one more did too.

Added the new game just released for iOS/Android devices called Star Wars - Rebels: Recon Missions.

It's a platformer game (pretty decent for a mobile touch screen game) with an original story (albeit pretty basic so far).

You can play as Ezra (or Kanan or Sabine if you are willing to spend a few bucks to unlock them and 30 additional missions). The characters all have skill upgrades you can work towards, and the game allows you to build Haven (a place for all the citizens you rescue to shelter).

It appears to take place sometime before Ezra gets his lightsaber since he uses his stun slingshot weapon (so sometime before the Path of the Jedi episode).

I also removed the Star Wars - Galactic Defense entries on the timeline since the game literally has no story, and even looking at it as adaptations of the major battles throughout the film series and Clone Wars cartoon is completely unnecessary.

Also, just wanted to note that the Droid Gotra mentioned in Darth Vader #3 also played a role in the Tarkin novel. Glad to see the Story Group cross pollinating ideas like that.

Last edited:
That game is really good. I bought the rest of it and am really enjoying it. I'm too out of it to go into why though lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back