Star Wars - Timeline (New Canon)

Wyokid, in regards to the Clone Wars cartoon by Tartakovsky, it seems like it isn't canon any longer.

While it hasn't been outright stated as non-canon, it also wasn't included in the list of canon in the press release, as well as the DVDs of Clone Wars being out of print for a long time with no plans to re-release it. So yeah, essentially I think Lucas intended The Clone Wars CGI series to replace Tartakovsky's 2D Clone Wars series (even though they tell different stories, I guess Lucas considers TCW to be the official, canon version of what occurred between AotC and RotS).

Just pre-ordered the books and the Darth Maul trade on Amazon. Really looking forward to owning all of Star Wars. I've never read any Star Wars books before.

Just pre-ordered the books and the Darth Maul trade on Amazon. Really looking forward to owning all of Star Wars. I've never read any Star Wars books before.

I used to read every one I could get my hands on (which was all of them, really) as a kid in the early to mid 90's when they really started expanding the EU through novels and comics. I really liked most of them, especially Zahn's Thrawn trilogy.

But I lost interest once I get into my teen years, mainly because it got difficult keeping up with all the new material they were pumping out. And then the prequels kind of soured me on the whole idea of SW.

I've since accepted the prequels and become more forgiving of them, and am really excited to see a manageable SW universe by only including the films, TCW and Rebels TV series, and the future books and comics.

I don't know, DiB. If you really dig into it, both Star Wars and Indy had more to do with Lucas surrounding himself with talented collaborators.

I don't know, DiB. If you really dig into it, both Star Wars and Indy had more to do with Lucas surrounding himself with talented collaborators.

I completely agree. Did I ever say otherwise? I'm pretty sure I mentioned (either in this thread or the SW General or Episode VII thread) that the influence of Spielberg, De Palma, Coppola, etc was likely a major influence for how the original SW trilogy and Indy trilogy turned out.

May the Fourth be with you guys! Gonna try to watch Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, The Clone Wars, and as much of The Clone Wars as possible. How are you planning on celebrating?

Wyokid, in regards to the Clone Wars cartoon by Tartakovsky, it seems like it isn't canon any longer.

While it hasn't been outright stated as non-canon, it also wasn't included in the list of canon in the press release, as well as the DVDs of Clone Wars being out of print for a long time with no plans to re-release it. So yeah, essentially I think Lucas intended The Clone Wars CGI series to replace Tartakovsky's 2D Clone Wars series (even though they tell different stories, I guess Lucas considers TCW to be the official, canon version of what occurred between AotC and RotS).

Completely missed this. That really sucks. It was such a great series.

I used to read every one I could get my hands on (which was all of them, really) as a kid in the early to mid 90's when they really started expanding the EU through novels and comics. I really liked most of them, especially Zahn's Thrawn trilogy.

But I lost interest once I get into my teen years, mainly because it got difficult keeping up with all the new material they were pumping out. And then the prequels kind of soured me on the whole idea of SW.

I've since accepted the prequels and become more forgiving of them, and am really excited to see a manageable SW universe by only including the films, TCW and Rebels TV series, and the future books and comics.

I might check some of the older stuff out at a later date. I really want to read Death Troopers.

May the Fourth be with you guys! Gonna try to watch Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, The Clone Wars, and as much of The Clone Wars as possible. How are you planning on celebrating?

Earlier this week I started my Star Wars canon watch through, with The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. I'm now in the process of binge watching The Clone Wars based on the chronological list of the episodes you posted (including the Clone Wars film). I'm just starting on Season 2.

Earlier this week I started my Star Wars canon watch through, with The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. I'm now in the process of binge watching The Clone Wars based on the chronological list of the episodes you posted (including the Clone Wars film). I'm just starting on Season 2.

I did that too, but I stopped Phantom Menace and had to pick it back up today. That film is just awful. I don't know why I liked it as a child. I didn't even like Jar Jar growing up.

Interesting because - and I know this is kind of nerdy and nitpicky, but... - the events at the end of volume two with Grievous getting his chest crushed/damaged led directly into episode 3.

Interesting because - and I know this is kind of nerdy and nitpicky, but... - the events at the end of volume two with Grievous getting his chest crushed/damaged led directly into episode 3.

I know, but I think that was written into the cartoon CW based on Lucas' internal chronology, etc. As in, the. CW cartoon didn't dictate the events of RotS, but stuff from RotS dictated what happened in CW (as well as the CGI TCW), and was presented as such to lead into the film. After all, the CW cartoon was essentially an advertisement for RotS, as least early on until RotS had come out. Either way, it's no longer canon now.

Again, if it were, it would've been addressed as canon by the press release, or clarified as canon by Jen Heddle (one of the Story Group editors) like the Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir comics were. And again, there are no plans for a re-release of the Tartakovsky Clone Wars DVDs, which are becoming increasingly rare and more valuable.

Amazon has info about the books. Links go to the cover.

A New Dawn: The first Star Wars novel created in collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, Star Wars: A New Dawn is set during the legendary "Dark Times" between Episodes III and IV and tells the story of how two of the lead characters from the animated series Star Wars Rebels (Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla) first came to cross paths. Featuring a foreword by Dave Filoni.

Tarkin: Bestselling Star Wars veteran James Luceno gives Tarkin the Star Wars: Darth Plagueis treatment, bringing a legendary character from A New Hope to full, fascinating life.

Heir to the Jedi: A thrilling new adventure set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, and—for the first time ever—written entirely from Luke Skywalker's first-person point of view.

Amazon has info about the books. Links go to the cover. A New Dawn: The first Star Wars novel created in collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, Star Wars: A New Dawn is set during the legendary “Dark Times” between Episodes III and IV and tells the story of how two of the lead characters from the animated series Star Wars Rebels (Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla) first came to cross paths. Featuring a foreword by Dave Filoni. Tarkin: Bestselling Star Wars veteran James Luceno gives Tarkin the Star Wars: Darth Plagueis treatment, bringing a legendary character from A New Hope to full, fascinating life. Heir to the Jedi: A thrilling new adventure set between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, and—for the first time ever—written entirely from Luke Skywalker’s first-person point of view.

Yeah, those synopsis were given in the new canon announcement.

Must say , the artwork for the new books' covers is phenomenal, especially the Heir to the Jedi and Lords of the Sith ones.

And again, there are no plans for a re-release of the Tartakovsky Clone Wars DVDs, which are becoming increasingly rare and more valuable.

We have both of them, and when my daughter was a baby she got a hold of one of them and chewed on it, ruining the outer insert.

I cried.

We have both of them, and when my daughter was a baby she got a hold of one of them and chewed on it, ruining the outer insert.

I cried.

so glad i don't have children.

Guilt trip her about that when she's a teenager.

Every time she does something good, like bringing home good grades, I show her the DVD and remind her of her true nature.

Latest posts

Back