Star Wars - Timeline (New Canon)

A female Mandalorian, yes, not a Fett, though. Pretty sure she's a crew member of the main cast, the one with the reddish/blonde hair.

She is part of the Fett race because of the helmet. Jabba is of the Hutt race and Luke is of the Skywalker race. That's how it works right?

Or it'll be a really compelling and emotional like Nova and Ultimate X was.

Last edited:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=104510

Three new SW comics from Marvel set in the new continuity (all set between ANH and ESB):

Star Wars by Jason Aaron and John Cassady (you got your wish there, wyo)

Star Wars: Darth Vader by Kieron Gillen and Salvador Larroca

Star Wars: Princess Leia by Mark Waid and Terry Dodson

Little disappointing (but not unexpected) that they're sticking to the original trilogy timeline (specifically the timespan between ANH and ESB), but I'm sure they'll branch out and cover post RotJ once Episode VII draws closer and they're filled on on story details and directions they can take by the Lucasfilm Story Group.

I wish Leia was the ongoing and Vader was the miniseries, but I'm glad it's Leia at the start, by Waid, and will be a series of miniseries which means Bends, Loeb, De Connick, and Humphries could be on Star Wars at some point. Really disappointed they're so focused (including the shows and books) on the original series. I love the sleek look of the prequels.

I wish Leia was the ongoing and Vader was the miniseries, but I'm glad it's Leia at the start, by Waid, and will be a series of miniseries which means Bends, Loeb, De Connick, and Humphries could be on Star Wars at some point. Really disappointed they're so focused (including the shows and books) on the original series. I love the sleek look of the prequels.

I'm sure they'll do some prequel stuff eventually, but not sure how anyone can prefer stories set in the prequel era (given the films were so mediocre to downright disappointing) as opposed to the much better quality original trilogy era.

It makes sense from a business perspective too. Considering Episode VII comes out in a year and a half and will have the original trilogy characters playing roles, there's a certain synchronicity to exploring what happened with Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2, C3PO, Vader, etc between the OT films with the novels and comics, now that the canon is all new.

Yeah I was just hoping that it'd be a massive push of Star Wars and not a massive push of Original Star Wars is all. I get why it's happening, I just don't like it.

Yeah I was just hoping that it'd be a massive push of Star Wars and not a massive push of Original Star Wars is all. I get why it's happening, I just don't like it.

Well with Rebels starting soon I'm sure Marvel will do some mini series revolving around that, and possibly some prequel series exploring the characters' pasts around the time of the Prequel films. At least the Jedi dude.

Oh man. I totally forgot that's in between. It's still pretty close to the original trilogy though. I hope they do stories to show how the Emperor rose to power on both sides

Last edited:
Oh man. I totally forgot that's in between. It's still pretty close to the original trilogy though. I hope they do stories to show how the Emperor rose to power on both sides

Well, the Emperor's rise to power was pretty well covered in Episodes I-III and The Clone Wars series. Though it would be kind of interesting to see how he consolidated his power immediately after Episode III. It'd also be interesting to see how he came to be such a powerful Sith and was able to hide his Sith powers from the Jedi. I'm sure that's been done in the old expanded universe continuity, but as someone who's kind of new to it I'd like to see that explored.

Well, the Emperor's rise to power was pretty well covered in Episodes I-III and The Clone Wars series. Though it would be kind of interesting to see how he consolidated his power immediately after Episode III. It'd also be interesting to see how he came to be such a powerful Sith and was able to hide his Sith powers from the Jedi. I'm sure that's been done in the old expanded universe continuity, but as someone who's kind of new to it I'd like to see that explored.

Not really. At the start of Episode I he's already the Sith ruler and in charge of the Republic. I'm talking origin story, the rise of the Dark Side, the beginning of the Republic, and all that other stuff. There's a ton of stuff to mine that is no longer there thanks to the EU being blasted away. I'd also like one for Yoda too and the big elephant from the whole saga: Anakin's father.

Last edited:
Not really. At the start of Episode I he's already the Sith ruler and in charge of the Republic. I'm talking origin story, the rise of the Dark Side, the beginning of the Republic, and all that other stuff. There's a ton of stuff to mine that is no longer there thanks to the EU being blasted away. I'd also like one for Yoda too and the big elephant from the whole saga: Anakin's father.

Anakin's father doesn't exist. At least according to the dialogue in Episode I. Lucas went for a not subtle at all Jesus parallel and had Anakin essentially conceived through the midichlorians (another completely unnecessary addition to the lore that attempted to explain the mysticism of the Force with pseudo-science).

Anakin's father doesn't exist. At least according to the dialogue in Episode I. Lucas went for a not subtle at all Jesus parallel and had Anakin essentially conceived through the midichlorians (another completely unnecessary addition to the lore that attempted to explain the mysticism of the Force with pseudo-science).

I don't remember that line but it sounds stupid enough to fit.

EDIT: No, wait, sorry, that's REALLY freaking stupid. I mean REALLY stupid. Then again it could be genius...

Last edited:
I don't remember that line but it sounds stupid enough to fit. EDIT: No, wait, sorry, that's REALLY freaking stupid. I mean REALLY stupid. Then again it could be genius...

It's said by Shmi (Anakin's mother) to Qui-Gon when they're on Tatooine. I think it's just before the pod race. Qui-Gon had done the midichlorian test on Anakin's blood the night before, Obi-Wan analyzed it and the readings were off the charts (which he reported back to Qui-Gon). The next day Qui-Gon asks Shmi who Anakin's father is and she tells him there was no father.

I still roll my eyes at it on the rare occasion I watch it. But yeah, canonically speaking, Anakin doesn't have a father.

I always liked the theory that Darth Plagueis, Palpatine's master, basically created Anakin Skywalker out of midichlorians when he was experimenting with the Force.

It's said by Shmi (Anakin's mother) to Qui-Gon when they're on Tatooine. I think it's just before the pod race. Qui-Gon had done the midichlorian test on Anakin's blood the night before, Obi-Wan analyzed it and the readings were off the charts (which he reported back to Qui-Gon). The next day Qui-Gon asks Shmi who Anakin's father is and she tells him there was no father.

I still roll my eyes at it on the rare occasion I watch it. But yeah, canonically speaking, Anakin doesn't have a father.

I remember that but I never took it to mean that he was conceived that way. I figured it was a "his father ran out so he had no father". That's REALLY dumb. Now I see why people were pissed about the Midi-chlorians.

I remember that but I never took it to mean that he was conceived that way. I figured it was a "his father ran out so he had no father". That's REALLY dumb. Now I see why people were pissed about the Midi-chlorians.

Yeah, but if that'd been the case (the father ran off), Shmi could've said that or provided a name, since Qui-Gon made it clear he was asking due to Anakin's ability with the Force (it was obvious Qui-Gon was interested in Anakin's abilities when discussing how he was the only human able to pilot a pod and Anakin mentioned he must have Jedi reflexes), and again when Shmi saw him taking the sample of Anakin's blood.

Point is she knew what he was getting at. And apparently there really was no father.

Besides if there had been, it would've been covered in the old Expanded Universe. Never was as far as I know.

10592833_817417404943902_502612924841107078_n.jpg

This would have fixed EVERYTHING

Yeah, but if that'd been the case (the father ran off), Shmi could've said that or provided a name, since Qui-Gon made it clear he was asking due to Anakin's ability with the Force (it was obvious Qui-Gon was interested in Anakin's abilities when discussing how he was the only human able to pilot a pod and Anakin mentioned he must have Jedi reflexes), and again when Shmi saw him taking the sample of Anakin's blood.

Point is she knew what he was getting at. And apparently there really was no father.

Besides if there had been, it would've been covered in the old Expanded Universe. Never was as far as I know.

I just figured she hated him. I know plenty of parents who don't like to talk about their ex-husbands/ex-wifes.

Latest posts

Back