Star Wars - Timeline (New Canon)

yeWFUBm.gif

So the first spin off SW film is slated for December 16, 2016, and will be directed by Gareth Edwards. Given his success with the new Godzilla, I'm glad he'll be doing a SW film.

No word on what the film's title will be or who it'll focus on (Boba Fett? Han Solo?), but I'm sure there will be some info on it at SDCC.

You forgot to place the The Clone Wars Webcomics (exclusively from starwars.com, by Pablo Hidalgo & Thomas Hodges, Grant Gould, Jeff Carlisle and Daniel Falconer) :

TCW #01 - Prelude
TCW #02 - Shakedown
TCW #03 - Procedure
TCW #04 - Agenda
TCW #05 - Mouse Hunt
TCW #06 - The Fall of Falleen
TCW #07 - Discount
TCW #08 - Departure
TCW #09 - Transfer
TCW #10 - The Dreams of General Grievous
TCW #11 - Bait
TCW #12 - Switch
TCW #13 - Headgames
TCW #14 - Neighbors
TCW #15 - Cold Snap
TCW #16 - Shadowed
TCW #17 - The Valley
TCW #18 - Covetous
TCW #19 - Curfew
TCW #20 - The Ballad of Cham Syndulla
TCW #21 - Invitation Only
TCW #22 - Hunting the Hunters 1
TCW #23 - Hunting the Hunters 2
TCW #24 - Hunting the Hunters 3
TCW #25 - Act of Instinct 1-15
TCW #26 - The Valsedian Operation

Plus the only canon video game (for now): The Clone Wars: Heroes of the Republic.

You forgot to place the The Clone Wars Webcomics (exclusively from starwars.com, by Pablo Hidalgo & Thomas Hodges, Grant Gould, Jeff Carlisle and Daniel Falconer) : TCW #01 - Prelude TCW #02 - Shakedown TCW #03 - Procedure TCW #04 - Agenda TCW #05 - Mouse Hunt TCW #06 - The Fall of Falleen TCW #07 - Discount TCW #08 - Departure TCW #09 - Transfer TCW #10 - The Dreams of General Grievous TCW #11 - Bait TCW #12 - Switch TCW #13 - Headgames TCW #14 - Neighbors TCW #15 - Cold Snap TCW #16 - Shadowed TCW #17 - The Valley TCW #18 - Covetous TCW #19 - Curfew TCW #20 - The Ballad of Cham Syndulla TCW #21 - Invitation Only TCW #22 - Hunting the Hunters 1 TCW #23 - Hunting the Hunters 2 TCW #24 - Hunting the Hunters 3 TCW #25 - Act of Instinct 1-15 TCW #26 - The Valsedian Operation Plus the only canon video game (for now): The Clone Wars: Heroes of the Republic.

Pretty sure none of the comics nor the Clone Wars - HotR game are canon anymore. They were pretty clear that everything released previously is now no longer canon. Everything released from here on out is canon.

These comics are not from Dark Horse, but directly from the mind of Filoni and Hidalgo who released them on starwars.com
Like the game, they are referenced in some episodes... which means they are canon.

These comics are not from Dark Horse, but directly from the mind of Filoni and Hidalgo who released them on starwars.com Like the game, they are referenced in some episodes... which means they are canon.

Not necessarily. There were events that occurred in the Dark Horse Clone Wars spin off comics that were referenced in the show as well (sometimes after the fact, sometimes before). That doesn't necessarily make something canon. In fact, given the extensive questions regarding what is and isn't canon and the answer continually being "the films, Clone Wars movie and episodes, and all new books starting with A New Dawn and comics starting when Marvel begins putting out new SW comics" (Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir is included only because it was originally an episode of Clone Wars that was never produced due to the show's cancellation).

If those comics were canon, it would've been mentioned. If the Clone Wars game was canon, it would've been mentioned. But they weren't. So I'm quite sure they're not canon. They fall under the Legends continuity, not the rebooted, simplified continuity.

Wookieepedia has them both under the Legends banner

Yup. That may not be the final word on it (they could end up being canon if the Story Group says so), but right now they're not officially canon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was reading the new issue of Star Wars Insider and saw this!

newcanon_zpsb9541dcf.jpg

Wookiepedia's description

"Blade Squadron" is a two-part short story written by David J. Williams and Mark S. Williams that appeared in Star Wars Insider 149 and Star Wars Insider 150. It was inspired by artwork depicting an unused battle scene from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and the story focuses on an elite squadron of B-wing starfighters on a suicide mission during the Battle of Endor.

Last edited:
Finally found a page on the wiki that has a list of everything canon. DIB you're missing a lot.

I'm not missing a lot. The only things missing from mine are:

SW Journeys - The Phantom Menace (not included because it's merely a game version of the pod race seen in the film itself)

SW - Servants of the Empire Book 2 (because it was literally just announced a few weeks ago)

SW - Rebels - The Rebellion Begins (because it's merely an adaptation of the pilot episode of the show, which is already listed)

SW - One Thousand Levels Down (because it hasn't even been released yet so I haven't had a chance to read it, when it comes out next week it'll be added)

SW - Commander (this I actually hadn't heard of, but I'll add it in, since it does seem to be an original story and not merely adapting stuff from the films)

That's three entries that are missing that should be there. And given all have only been announced in the last month or so, cut me some slack.

They'll be added, tentatively for now.

I'm finally making my way through again. Just finished Episode II: Attack of the Clones. I've come to the conclusion that LEGO Star Wars made me remember these films were better than they actually are. Jango Fett was even more badass than Boba and they just waste him completely. Literally. The good news is a lot of the CGI looks like practical effects at times due to it being outdated. Especially when they're in the stadium fighting monsters.

Hot damn! The Clone Wars looks amazing in full 1080p.

Last edited:
I'm finally making my way through again. Just finished Episode II: Attack of the Clones. I've come to the conclusion that LEGO Star Wars made me remember these films were better than they actually are. Jango Fett was even more badass than Boba and they just waste him completely. Literally. The good news is a lot of the CGI looks like practical effects at times due to it being outdated. Especially when they're in the stadium fighting monsters.

Hot damn! The Clone Wars looks amazing in full 1080p.

I loved all of the prequels when they came out, but looking back now they are pretty bad. Or at least large parts of them are pretty bad.

[video=youtube;xg5YN3LAGw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg5YN3LAGw4[/video]

This actually looks really good. I'm impressed. Also was that a female Fett I saw?

I loved all of the prequels when they came out, but looking back now they are pretty bad. Or at least large parts of them are pretty bad.

So did I. Especially Attack of the Clones which I watched to death whenever I rented it on VHS. In fact, that was my favorite one until the third one came out. I still have fond memories of the third one so it'll be interesting to watch again and see if I still think it is good. I doubt I will.

So did I. Especially Attack of the Clones which I watched to death whenever I rented it on VHS. In fact, that was my favorite one until the third one came out. I still have fond memories of the third one so it'll be interesting to watch again and see if I still think it is good. I doubt I will.

I loved Episode 3 because of how things tied together at the end just kind of all at once, but I watched it again a few years ago and couldn't believe how bad the dialogue was, specifically between Anakin and Padme and Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Latest posts

Back