Stargate

Hellsbuttmonkey

Anyone here fans of SG-1/Atlantis?
I started off watching it when SG-1 first started, then stopped for a while, just got back into watching both shows (great timing with SG-1 ending after the current season...)

I love this franchise. I love it.

My cable company dropped sci-fi two years ago though so I haven't seen new episodes in a while, but I'm buying the DVD sets and watching them with my girlfriend. It's a struggle to decide if we're going to watch Stargate or Buffy at any given time.

I miss O'Neil. :cry:

I hear ya. It felt wrong watching series 9 for the first couple of episodes with someone else leading SG-1. Still a great show, and the Ori are awesome replacements for the Goa'uld as the big bads of the show. But SG-1 without Jack is something not quite right...

The best episode will always be 'Window of Oppotunity', The one where Teal'c and Jack get stuck in the time loop and forced to live the same moment over and over.

"In the middle of my BACKSWING!?!?!"

That's my girlfriend's favorite episode. She brings it up every now and then when we're watching the show. "I liked the episode where O'Neill kissed Sam."

She loves when characters get together. You should have seen her the first time Xander and Willow kissed (we're watching Buffy season 3 now).

Well, they both come back in April to finish the season off, and it was said that:

The series finale is supposed to end with Daniel as an Ori.
MAJOR!^

But the Ori leader?! :drooling: :heybaby:

Last edited:
Now it has been confirmed that a few episodes into the next run
Daniel will become a Prior

That has been confirmed. But not heard that rumour. If its the case... that would explain why they need the film to wrap it up!!!

...what the ****s an Ori? This sounds like a completely different show.

In series 8 they finally defeat the Goa'ould, and free the Jaffa. So the Ori are the new bad guys from another galaxy.
Basically, they are from the same race as the Alterans (the race the SGC knows as the Ancients) but evil as sin. They are evil Ascended beings. They forced all the humans in their galaxy to worship them, because they feed off of the energy of people who have given their free will over to them. And they are nasty.. They send guys called Priors to planets to offer them the chance to worship the Ori. If they refuse, the Prior either releases a 'Prior Plague' which wipes out everyone who refuses to believe, or he destroys the unbelievers in some other way. Priors have been given some major upgrades by the Ori, telepathy, telekenesis, and more.

Last edited:
In series 8 they finally defeat the Goa'ould, and free the Jaffa. So the Ori are the new bad guys from another galaxy.
Basically, they are from the same race as the Alterans (the race the SGC knows as the Ancients) but evil as sin. They are evil Ascended beings. They forced all the humans in their galaxy to worship them, because they feed off of the energy of people who have given their free will over to them. And they are nasty.. They send guys called Priors to planets to offer them the chance to worship the Ori. If they refuse, the Prior either releases a 'Prior Plague' which wipes out everyone who refuses to believe, or he destroys the unbelievers in some other way. Priors have been given some major upgrades by the Ori, telepathy, telekenesis, and more.

Huh. Sounds like they should have ended it on the defeat of the Goa'ould. Whats the point in having the story they've been working twords for the run of the series if you're going to replace them with new bad *** villains? Just keep the already bad *** ones you have.

Huh. Sounds like they should have ended it on the defeat of the Goa'ould. Whats the point in having the story they've been working twords for the run of the series if you're going to replace them with new bad *** villains? Just keep the already bad *** ones you have.
Well, that's like saying when heroes in comics defeat one villian, that should be it. There's always going to be someone else coming in to fill the vaccum.

Plus, the series wasn't technically about the struggle between SGC and the well dressed snakes. Sure that was a major part of it, but the Ancients have always been a major theme as well, and the Ori are a part of the Ancients' history. Also, a major theme has always been "what makes a god?". The Goa'ould used flashy technology to trick people into worshipping them. But the Ori are as close to gods as you can get without actually being one. Does the simple fact that they have so much power make them a god, or is it how the being wields that power and such. The Ori are a good way to continue that theme.

love the show.......I just picked up SG-1 Seasons 3-8 at best buy for $20 each.

Anyone see the new episode just aired on Sky One in the UK? (The Quest pt2)
SG-1 taking on Darrell The Dragon was awesome, from Teal'c charging him to ram C4 down his throat, to Vala naming it!
Then we had Merlin/Meardin, who seemed a little loco at the start, and then took Ba'al's voice away with a wave of his hand. Then died, transferring his memories/powers into Daniel.
Daniel facing down the Orici Adria was cool, and tossing lightning about as well!
Ace cliffhanger with Daniel captured by Adria wanting Merlin's knowledge. Guessing she will change him into a Prior to get at it.

I love Adria. One hell of a hot evil chick...

They've been good. April can't come fast enough.

Advantage of being in the UK. No Sweeps or whatever it is that makes all your channels decide to hold off on showing new eps and fill TV with repeats for a couple months... We will be close to, if not already, finished the series by the time you start.

Advantage of being in the UK. No Sweeps or whatever it is that makes all your channels decide to hold off on showing new eps and fill TV with repeats for a couple months... We will be close to, if not already, finished the series by the time you start.
Bastards....

WE'RE SUPPOSED TO GET IT FIRST! YOU CHEATERS! :cry:

Latest posts

Back