Suicide Squad rumors and news discussion.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
This seems like it's sort of proof that Affleck/Batman is indeed in Suicide Squad. I mean, why otherwise go through the whole rigamarole of trying to hide him and all?

11201607_770035886428211_6534863169266124452_n.png

First pic of full Suicide Squad cast in costume:

OmLnmoz

Croc looks pretty cool. Deadshot's costume is very true to the comics (it can be seen in full here).

Not impressed with Captain Boomerang. Dude looks like a serial rapist.

They didn't do anything inventive or original with Harley. Pretty much the standard overly sexualized look, but with tattoos on her legs (guess she and Joker hang at the tattoo parlor a lot).

[video=youtube;rFdqT4xR4JM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFdqT4xR4JM[/video]
On set footage leaks of Leto's Joker backhanding Harley.

I saw the SDCC leaked trailer online. It's really good in my opinion, and I think people are going to like it. This looks like it's going to be very dark. Robbie's Harley Quinn looks pretty spot on, as does their interpretation of Waller. You don't see a lot of the Joker, but I liked what they showed. Even the facial tattoo's (which I still absolutely hate) don't seem quite as obnoxious in the clip. Leto's Joker voice is a bit like Ledger's, only not as gravely. It's in the same ballpark, but unique.

Between this and the new Batman v Superman trailer, I'm becoming cautiously optimistic in the DC universe. Hopefully they both live up to my moderate expectations.

This looks like utter complete crap. Joker is godawful, Harley is clearly there for sex appeal, and WB has done a great job of making sure everyone knows that Batman is in this. Just atrocious.

The only thing I didn't like about the Suicide Squad trailer was Harley's voice. Just too flat. Wasn't expecting it to be an exact duplicate of the classic Harley voice, but a variation of that would've been nice.

Maybe it's because I've never been a huge Harley fan, but her voice didn't bother me. I guess she could have done something approaching the classic voice from the cartoon, but if she would have completely done the thick Harley Quinn accent I think it would have come across as pretty laughable in a live action movie. Thinking about it, Harley Quinn strikes me as a character who would be VERY hard to adapt. She has to be funny and sympathetic, but she can also be scary and is complicit in the Joker's crimes. She's kind of child-like, but she was also a fairly high ranking official at Arkham. The fact that Robbie seems to be hitting so many of the requisite character traits (based on this limited trailer) makes me forgive her for not having a better accent.

Joker is godawful

We literally only got two lines from him, and maybe 10 seconds of footage. Besides that tattoo's, the way he acted seems like it's pretty faithful to most of the Joker stories I've read.

Harley is clearly there for sex appeal

That's quite a baseless assumption. There are a plethora of reasons why she would be in this movie; the idea that Waller would need her to help track the Joker, chief among them. Not quite sure where you are getting that from. I'm no Harley Quinn expert, but a quick Google Image search makes it clear that this is hardly the first time that she has been sexually objectified as a character.

WB has done a great job of making sure everyone knows that Batman is in this.

Again, not sure where you are getting this, seeing as this movie comes out in more than a year, and WB hasn't even started to market it.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because I've never been a huge Harley fan, but her voice didn't bother me. I guess she could have done something approaching the classic voice from the cartoon, but if she would have completely done the thick Harley Quinn accent I think it would have come across as pretty laughable in a live action movie. Thinking about it, Harley Quinn strikes me as a character who would be VERY hard to adapt. She has to be funny and sympathetic, but she can also be scary and is complicit in the Joker's crimes. She's kind of child-like, but she was also a fairly high ranking official at Arkham. The fact that Robbie seems to be hitting so many of the requisite character traits (based on this limited trailer) makes me forgive her for not having a better accent.

I didn't want a heavy or thick accent, but a hint of the Animated Series/Arkham games approach would've been great.

I want Robbie to put her own spin on it, but I do think the accent is an almost as important aspect of the character as her look or personality.

It'd be like having Batman without the gravelly voice. It's just... off.

That said, I completely agree (and even said) Robbie has the physical aspect of the role down.

We literally only got two lines from him, and maybe 10 seconds of footage. Besides that tattoo's, the way he acted seems like it's pretty faithful to most of the Joker stories I've read.

That's quite a baseless assumption. There are a plethora of reasons why she would be in this movie; the idea that Waller would need her to help track the Joker, chief among them. Not quite sure where you are getting that from. I'm no Harley Quinn expert, but a quick Google Image search makes it clear that this is hardly the first time that she has been objectified as a character.

Again, not sure where you are getting this, seeing as this movie comes out in more than a year, and WB hasn't even started to market it.

A word of advice? Don't bother. Wyo is a contrarian at heart. ;)

I have a different opinion. Stop being a...not very nice person.

I have a different opinion. Stop being a...not very nice person.

One could argue constantly ripping on stuff others' like is also "not very nice" behavior.

I understand you have different tastes and I'm all for that, I just wish you'd be more constructive with your negative posts and do a better job of explaining why you don't like something other than "Joker is godawful" or "Harley is there only for sex appeal". It borders on troll behavior, man.

It's not about the difference of opinion, it's about your delivery.

As was pointed out, your assertions there are largely baseless--though to be fair I'm not disagreeing they're using Harley for sex appeal, but to say that's the limit of her character is insulting to the actress, the film's writer and director, etc... especially without even seeing the film yet, mate.

Last edited:
It has her doing slow acrobats and licking a pole. Then you have the oversexualized outfit and yeah, she's here to be the sex appeal. I also do t find Harley without the Joker very compelling and the Harley DC has been pushing of late is a terrible Deadpool clone. I also cannot stand the actress. She was terrible in The Wolf of Wall Street and even in that she was just sex appeal.

I didn't care for Heath Ledger's Joker and it looks like that's what Leto is drawing from. Combine that with the terrible and unsubtle design and yeah, he's godawful to me.

It has her doing slow acrobats and licking a pole. Then you have the oversexualized outfit and yeah, she's here to be the sex appeal. I also do t find Harley without the Joker very compelling and the Harley DC has been pushing of late is a terrible Deadpool clone. I also cannot stand the actress. She was terrible in The Wolf of Wall Street and even in that she was just sex appeal.

I didn't care for Heath Ledger's Joker and it looks like that's what Leto is drawing from. Combine that with the terrible and unsubtle design and yeah, he's godawful to me.

And that's perfectly fair. In fact I agree with literally everything you said except for the Ledger/Joker take.

I'm not a fan of the tattoos and grill, but his look otherwise is fine, and the delivery he gave of the like two lines we got to hear was pretty darn spot on in my opinion.

Last edited:
Still like it. There's a shot with Harley Quinn strapped down (biting on a leather belt), with the Joker standing over her. Wonder if that is later in the movie or is some sort of origin for her character. If the Joker tortures her, some combination of that and Stockholm syndrome might explain how she went from a psychiatrist to the villain she is.

And to be fair, I seem to remember her always being a bit of an acrobat, so I don't see that as being out of character for her. Not even touching on the fact that the character has been sexualized in the comics, cartoons and video games for years.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a good amount of love for Leto's Joker...I'm not feeling it. This doesn't look at all interesting to me.

Latest posts

Back