Summer 2015: Marvel revisits a bunch of old stories

I'm intrigued by a lot of these, but without knowing who is writing them it's hard to get excited about them.

I don't really want the Bendis version of Infinity Gauntlet or Old Man Logan. Yuck.

Via CBR:

Speaking of major Marvel events -- for the last two weeks, folks have certainly been speculating about these event-based teasers that have been rolling out daily, with the latest debuting earlier today on CBR and teasing an end to the Ultimate Universe. The general consensus appears to be that it's tied to the new "Secret Wars" somehow, but what can you say about the teasers at this point?

Alonso
: What I can say is that none of these teasers are for "What If?" stories. These stories really happen. And they happen in real-time -- they're not flashbacks. They count.

Huh. Interesting.

And I have to say, the way they are teasing these books is much, much better than what they've been doing recently.

Another week into them. Wonder when they'll reveal it? Probably in San Diego.

age-of-apocalypse-2015-110690.jpg

I've never been this excited for an event comic. This thing massive!

Whatever this event is, they're obviously going to have a crap ton of tie ins that focus on each universe for 1-4 issues each. Massive overload of tie-ins.

Maybe they are really doing a reboot, but instead of leaving it kind of ambiguous what has still happened and what's different, they are making official "event" tie-ins that let us know what the major history of the new Marvel universe is.

Interesting. Good find.

I went to re-check the trade and Atlantis Rising did indeed have Morgan Le Fay lifting Atlantis out of the water and Attilan came out of that. I wonder what Attilan Rising could be though. I'm imagining all of these are alternate universes that are going to be clashing with 616.

Last edited:
Is it possible they're overloading us with a ton of alternate Universes. So they can destroy most of them in the new Secret War event?..

And maybe transplant some of the more popular characters in the Marvel U, or possibly others.

Last edited:
The Secret Invasion one should be Skrulls telling each to shush with a finger over their mouths as they try to sneak past the Avengers who are looking out a window.

Last edited:
The Secret Invasion one should be Skrulls telling each to shush with a finger over their mouths as they try to sneak past the Avengers who are looking out a window.

That sounds like an album cover to an unreleased Beatles record around the time Yoko was luring John away from the band.

...wait... I think I just figured out what Secret Invasion was really about.

Latest posts

Back