Summer 2015: Marvel revisits a bunch of old stories

amazing-spider-man-612x929-8cf8d.jpg

So I just read ASM #8 in which the Peter Parker and MJ of
the MC2
universe get killed by one of the Morlun people
(leaving Spider-Girl and her little brother orphans). That was super upsetting. I liked that there was a reality where Peter and MJ end up happily ever after and have kids.

But I'm wondering if Marvel really is rebooting, and is planning to bring Miles to the 616 universe, maybe this means that OMD will be re-retconned out of continuity and we'll get a little bit of a happy ending for Peter and MJ in the real world.

Here's hoping, anyway.

What if Renew Your Vows is actually the Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane universe? I loved those books.

What if Renew Your Vows is actually the Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane universe? I loved those books.

yeah, I noticed that it did look reminiscent of that. But Spider-Man <3s Mary Jane was about them as teenagers. This seems to be them married with a daughter. A red-haired daughter, like the one Mephisto told them they never had after they agreed to erase their marriage from continuity. And the whole title "Renew Your Vows" suggests that their marriage needed to be remade or revamped somehow.

yeah, I noticed that it did look reminiscent of that. But Spider-Man <3s Mary Jane was about them as teenagers. This seems to be them married with a daughter. A red-haired daughter, like the one Mephisto told them they never had after they agreed to erase their marriage from continuity. And the whole title "Renew Your Vows" suggests that their marriage needed to be remade or revamped somehow.

Time passed. I personally want this 100% canon, but Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane makes more sense. Unfortunately One More Day makes even more sense.

I'm actually kind of excited to not only read these but to see what the long term implications are and what is going to come of the MU as a whole.

I'm sure it will be a let down though.

What is it about Marvel that makes people think, "maybe they will get it right this time?"

The events are revealed to be officially part of Secret Wars.

[video=youtube;OoN7SyWJCJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OoN7SyWJCJI[/video]

The events are revealed to be officially part of Secret Wars.

[video=youtube;OoN7SyWJCJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OoN7SyWJCJI[/video]

Oh! So all the tie-ins are earths that have become the new battleworld. That's a pretty cool idea, actually.

Oh! So all the tie-ins are earths that have become the new battleworld. That's a pretty cool idea, actually.

So they aren't each new minis/one shots/whatever?

That's kind of disappointing. The one time I would have read all of them.

I called it from the beginning this is it what is was!

So they aren't each new minis/one shots/whatever?

That's kind of disappointing. The one time I would have read all of them.
As in brand new not tied to Secret Wars? No. They could still be that, just part of the event. I've seen people getting upset because they thought they were going to be sequels or whatever and ruled them unnecessary and pointless.

Thus is freaking awesome! I love multiverse stuff! I wonder if this means we'll see some multiverse in the MCU.

Latest posts

Back