How would you rate Super 8?

• Total voters

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
There is a secret trailer attached to Iron Man 2. It is for a movie written and directed by JJ Abrams. It is produced by Steven Spielberg.

It is called Super 8.

super-8-trailer.jpg

There has been a lot of speculation and discussion about what it is about (it's not Cloverfield 2) - it's apparently a tribute to 70s/80s Spielberg movies and deals with a group of kids filming a movie... and filming something from out of this world.

Some more information and a trailer is here (but not for very long).

I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Saw the trailer with IM2, I'm kinda hoping it's a monster movie. Maybe this is Abrams' love letter to like Gamera/ET as Cloverfield was a love letter to Gojira.

Saw the trailer with IM2, I'm kinda hoping it's a monster movie. Maybe this is Abrams' love letter to like Gamera/ET as Cloverfield was a love letter to Gojira.
I was thinking something along the side of that.

And I also saw the trailer with IM2. Looked even better on the silver screen.

I was quite upset that this trailer wasn't show at an IMAX theater. The teaser was interesting, didn't grab me like Cloverfield did but I am genuinely intrigued.

I am very intrigued... I definitely picked up a real Close Encounters vibe here, and since that's my favorite Spielberg picture, I'm definitely onboard.

I'm very intrigued - I was looking forward to seeing the trailer in the previews showing in Iron Man 2 and it wasn't shown.

Cloverfield is one of my favorite movies, so if this is anything like that I'm in.

I too am intrigued - but cautious.

If I haven't seen their earlier 'Motel 6', will this make sense to me?

Zombipanda was always known for being fast and furious.

Not to brag, but I've been in SEVERAL Super 8's - I hope this one doesn't have any 'short and curlies' in the bed.

(What? I meant fom Spielberg's beard)

Abrams is great at hyping stuff up without giving anything -- literally anything -- away. I still have no idea what this movie really is, but I think it looks great.

Latest posts

Back