Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Discussion/Spoilers)

Picked this up yesterday and I LOVE IT.

I've only played it for a few minutes with my son, and we just did the training, trying out the different characters and their moves. But it's awesome.

I went to Best Buy to get it because I had a coupon - big mistake. They didn't have any out and I asked the guy at the front door. He said "yeah, they're back there, fourth row down" even though they clearly weren't. But Best Buy employees being ****ing douche bag retarded imbeciles I thought - screw it, I'll just go somewhere else.

We went to the mall to eat and I went to 2 Gamestops (yeah, the mall has two Gamestops for some reason) and neither would sell the game to me because I didn't preorder it. I thought that was hilarious that they'd rather try and teach me a lesson than get my $50.

I went to FYE and they didn't have it because they hadn't received ANY copies yet - preorder or stock. And that, boys and girls, is exactly why you DON'T preorder.

But Circuit City had it, and I got it there.

Moral of the story? Best Buy and Gamestop are both run by retards.
Dude....you live with sucky stores. Seriously!

I always pre-order my games and I've never once had a problem. And I only go to the Gamestop at the mall. Somethings up where you live!

Oh- and if stores won't sell you a copy because you didn't pre-order means that all their games in stock are pre-order. Or at least is should be. Once I was buying a game, forgot what it was, and some other guy came in looking for the same game. But he didn't pre-order and all the copies they had were only for those who pre-ordered, so the guy had to wait.

Last edited:
I always pre-order my games and I've never once had a problem.

I have never once seen it necessary to preorder games. All it does is increase the chance that you won't be able to get it, as happened with FYE. And that certainly wasn't the first time I've heard of that happening, and not in this area.

I have never not been able to get a game the day it came out.

And Wal-Mart would have been an option if there were any in the area. I know - it's hard to imagine a place without a Wal-Mart, much less two or three within 5 miles of each other.

Oh- and if stores won't sell you a copy because you didn't pre-order means that all their games in stock are pre-order.

There is no way in the world that a store only buys as many copies as are preordered for. They will probably go on sale for everyone else today - it's a scare tactic to force you into preordering so you can't do what I did - go somewhere else. Circuit City had plenty in stock as did Target.

I have never once seen it necessary to preorder games. All it does is increase the chance that you won't be able to get it, as happened with FYE. And that certainly wasn't the first time I've heard of that happening, and not in this area.

I have never not been able to get a game the day it came out.

And Wal-Mart would have been an option if there were any in the area. I know - it's hard to imagine a place without a Wal-Mart, much less two or three within 5 miles of each other.
I pre-order because the chance of getting the game if I don't increase- and that's with the games that I know will sell like hot cakes (this one, Mario Galaxy, etc.) I didn't pre-order Metroid Prime 3, and when I went to buy it, I was lucky. They only had one copy left, the rest were sold out.

Oh, I never pre order any games either, the stores here won't save them for you.
Really? The Gamestop I go to saves it for you for 48 hours. After that, you lose the reservation (and I assume the money you put down).

There is no way in the world that a store only buys as many copies as are preordered for. They will probably go on sale for everyone else today - it's a scare tactic to force you into preordering so you can't do what I did - go somewhere else. Circuit City had plenty in stock as did Target.
No-no, you misunderstand. I just mean that a lot of people pre-ordered the games, therefore all the copies they get are pre-ordered because so many people came to make sure they get a copy.

Last edited:
I pre-order because the chance of getting the game if I don't increase- and that's with the games that I know will sell like hot cakes (this one, Mario Galaxy, etc.) I didn't pre-order Metroid Prime 3, and when I went to buy it, I was lucky. They only had one copy left, the rest were sold out.

It all depends on what store you go too.

Yeah, if it's a popular game and you go to a Gamestop or a Best Buy for it, you'll find it most likely sold out.

But you go to a Circuit City, or a Wal-Mart or Target, you'll find it easily. Hell, I got both Halo 3 and Mario Galaxy on sale the weekend after they came out. Just have some patience, you will be able to find them.

Really? The Gamestop I go to saves it for you for 48 hours. After that, you lose the reservation (and I assume the money you put down).

Gamestop near me sucks balls. They won't even take reservations now unless you are a preferred member, which costs ten bucks.

Yeah, maybe at that individual store. But you can always go to another store.

No-no, you misunderstand. I just mean that a lot of people pre-ordered the games, therefore all the copies they get are pre-ordered.

I get you, I'm just saying that if they say that they are lying. Circuit City does preorders and still had plenty. It's not like the Wii itself where there are huge shortages.

What I'm saying is that I'm willing to bet that if I were to go to either of those stores first thing this morning, when they open, there would be plenty of copies available for people who didn't preorder. And they were there yesterday too.

It all depends on what store you go too.

Yeah, if it's a popular game and you go to a Gamestop or a Best Buy for it, you'll find it most likely sold out.

But you go to a Circuit City, or a Wal-Mart or Target, you'll find it easily. Hell, I got both Halo 3 and Mario Galaxy on sale the weekend after they came out. Just have some patience, you will be able to find them.

Gamestop near me sucks balls. They won't even take reservations now unless you are a preferred member, which costs ten bucks.

Right. I was to the point where I thought even if I didn't find it it wouldn't be a huge deal. I would have gotten it eventually; probably today.

And yeah, Gamestop sucks balls no matter where you go. $5 off for a used game that you don't even get a case or manual with - no thanks.

My BC code is 3737-9225-2821

i've already added all who posted their codes so pleas add moi.

Does the Wii have a wi-fi adapter built in? I don't know how to connect to the internet...

Yes it does. If you don't have a wireless router, Nintendo makes a USB wifi broadcaster.

Well, finally have all characters and stages unlocked. Which leaves music, trophies, stickers, etc. None of which are terribly important (Except maybe music. I'll do that next.)

I wanted characters and stages unlocked so that I had them when I play with friends. Music'll be nice, too. After that, I'll unlock as I go.

whats the easy way to get Wolf? he's the last one i need.

Latest posts

Back