Supercrooks (Millar / Yu) (spoilers)

E

Excelsior Club
On one hand...

1) Plot-wise, this seems reminiscent of Wanted
2) Millar's latest few books have ranged from embarrassingly bad to flatly uninteresting

On the other hand...

1) The first issue was not too bad at all

So I don't know. The endings of Superior and Nemesis (shudder) were so bad and his last Ultimates miniseries..es were so blah that I don't even want to bother with this book. But I loved Ultimates and Ultimates 2 (and Old Man Logan) so much that I can't not give it a chance.

Did anyone else read #1? The US (particularly New York City) have too many powerful superheroes so the villains decide to pack up and set up shop elsewhere. Like his other books, the strengths are in the little things - I liked how the guy was sent back to prison and he was talking to the guard like it was old times. Millar is good at that stuff. I think he's also good at taking a character's powerset and applying it to "real life" situations, and that comes in to play here, too.

So I'm going to continue with this, with caution...

#4 was the last issue...interesting twist at the end but it seemed to take a long time to come out and I don't really remember what happened in the first 3 issues. Maybe I'll go back and read the whole thing again some time.

Latest posts

Back