Supergirl Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Ah thanks. Yeah I was thinking I needed to buy it to understand the huge changes from 5 to 6. I'll probably see if I can pick it up later on this week.

If you are going to read it, it'll probably be best if you read Crisis on Infinite Earths and Identity Crisis first. They sort of set everything up. Then there's four minis which tie into the main Infinite Crisis mini. These are The Omac Project, Day of Vengeance, Villains United and The Rann-Thanagar War. You will probably need to read these if you are to understand Infinite Crisis.

So that's like 7 new trades right there. And this is why I hate events. Personally, I reckon you pass it. It's not worth the money or the time getting into it. Just read summaries or something.

If you are going to read it, it'll probably be best if you read Crisis on Infinite Earths and Identity Crisis first. They sort of set everything up. Then there's four minis which tie into the main Infinite Crisis mini. These are The Omac Project, Day of Vengeance, Villains United and The Rann-Thanagar War. You will probably need to read these if you are to understand Infinite Crisis.

So that's like 7 new trades right there. And this is why I hate events. Personally, I reckon you pass it. It's not worth the money or the time getting into it. Just read summaries or something.

I hate events too. Yeah I'll look up see if I get a synopsis of it online. Thanks dude as it sounds like way too much to buy just to understand changes from one comic to the next issue of it.

Infinite Crisis will do nothing to help you understand the Supergirl One Year Later story. She isn't referenced in IC at all, as I recall.

Plus the story just makes no sense.

Infinite Crisis will do nothing to help you understand the Supergirl One Year Later story. She isn't referenced in IC at all, as I recall.

Plus the story just makes no sense.

Oh, :? I'll read more tomorrow hopefully I'll be able to get in to that one year later thing. If not hopefuly it goes back to been like 0-5

Supergirl went into space to help fight some galactic crisis.

After something went horribly wrong, she was transferred 1,000 years into the future. She meant up with Legion Of Superheroes. As detailed in these trades...

SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 3: STRANGE VISITOR FROM ANOTHER CENTURY
SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 4: ADULT EDUCATION
SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 5: THE DOMINATOR WAR
SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES VOL. 6: THE QUEST FOR COSMIC BOY

You don't need to read those to understand the series.

She returned to her normal time during the World War 3 event when Black Adam went crazy and killed everyone.

She temporarily takes over for Superman while he is depowered.

Than the arc you are reading takes place and it explains what is going on the more you read.

I finished 0-13. I loved the first arc , second arc with Kandor I was confused as hell after that while she's back on earth again I'm loving it. I love seeing her try to find her self. A little disappointed she's with Powerboy as after she kissed nightwing I kind of wanted to see those two hook up (I know he's too old for her but I don't care)

I phoned up my local comic shop and asked what other issues he had. He had 14-30 in stock so I got him to keep them aside for me and I'll get them tomorrow

Yeah, I told you the Kandor arc didn't make any sense. I read until issue 10 or so, and it gets better, then I started again with issue 20 and I think it's been really good since then.

Ew.... How can any of you guys like anything that's been done with Supergirl so far?

Last edited:
Wonder Woman obviously likes Supergirl...

SupmBatm050004.jpg

I picked up my comics today along with a very nice Pizza Sub from subway.

I have 14-30 and read 14-19 today. Damn it got cool. When Powerboy went back to his place and wall was covered in her picture I actually thought ":shock: oh no" and I was right he's ****ed up in the head :lol:

Was going to read 20 but 19 ended so nicely resolving everything up in to that point that I thought "Why spoil it?" I'll read 20 tomorrow. I thought the scene at the end of 19 with with supergirl and superman hugging then flying off was really nice.

I just read 20-22. 22 has something that made me just go "HOLY CRAP" The superman drawn in that issue, looks just like Christopher Reeve when he was superman, All the way down to the lines near his mouth. THAT KICK ***.

Now story wise 20-22 made little sense to me as I have no idea about Legion of Superheroes. I also have no idea why the government seems to hate "mettahumans" or what they called people with powers. But still the parts I did understand I loved

Ok can someone help me please with Supergirl 35? I read 34 a minute ago and at the end it said "Be sure to read Superman new Krypton special." I've not read it but I go to read supergirl 35 and there are all these kyrptonians flying around as if if it was perfectly normal.

What happened in New Krypton special?

Ok can someone help me please with Supergirl 35? I read 34 a minute ago and at the end it said "Be sure to read Superman new Krypton special." I've not read it but I go to read supergirl 35 and there are all these kyrptonians flying around as if if it was perfectly normal.

What happened in New Krypton special?

Superman rescued and freed 100,000 Kryptonians and now they're living on earth.

I don't know why you're reading Supergirl at the moment if you're not reading the rest of the New Krypton titles. They're all crossing over at the moment so you're only getting a third of the story.

Superman rescued and freed 100,000 Kryptonians and now they're living on earth.

I don't know why you're reading Supergirl at the moment if you're not reading the rest of the New Krypton titles. They're all crossing over at the moment so you're only getting a third of the story.

Ah crap.

I hate multi comic-cross overs. Which ones do I need? "new krypton special" is "Supergirl/Supman" ones musts as well?

Ah crap.

I hate multi comic-cross overs. Which ones do I need? "new krypton special" is "Supergirl/Supman" ones musts as well?

Part 1 - Superman: New Krypton Special
Part 2 - Superman #681
Part 3 - Adventure Comics Special featuring The Guardian
Part 4 - Action Comics #871
Part 5 - Supergirl #35
Part 6 - Superman #682
Part 7 - Action Comics #872
Part 8 - Supergirl #36
Part 9 - Superman #683
Part 10 - Action Comics #873

Cool thanks dude. I read a synopsis and I saw bride of darkseid mentioned and thought that would be either 1) extremely cheesy and crap like lady ock or 2) kinda cool.

I'll add it to my list when I get my new Krypton books

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back