Supergirl Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Sadly....I have clue. I haven't heard any news about them taking the book from Joe Kelly.

For those who continue to read.....you're stuck with him. Which is a shame too. A few issues back they did a stand-alone issue with the new Terra, written by Palmiotti/Grey. It was pretty damn good.

The should stick with the artist they have now....and get Palmiotti to do this book.

I could have sworn Joe Kelly has an announced end date for his run.

Edit: The solicitations say Joe Kelly's run ends with 19.... wherein Supergirl fights Superman.

Last edited:
Supergirl Discussion *Spoilers*

Edit : NVM there is a thread for it, cool. (I searched first and only 3 threads appeared none of which were this they were movie , fan fic and black earth d threads. )

I've bought a load of these and I bought more that are coming in the most so I'll start reading this from 00 on wards and I'll keep getting these as I think this series should be cool as I'm a fan of supergirl but not read much dc recent years but I just read her re-introduction in Superman & batman and i'm ready.

Last edited:
Loeb's arc was pretty bad. I did mildly like 0 and her adventures meeting all the powers of the DC Universe.

The Kandor arc was good.

Joe Kelly's run was good with a few weird moments.

Just read supergirl 0, I enjoyed it obviously as Supergirl , Ivy and Harley in one comic = great (for me anyway) But one question. Batgirl turned into Clayface and Supergirl said what happened to the original Batgirl was horrible.

What happened to Batgirl? I thought she was still alive and a lesbian from what I remember a year or two ago when they had it on news sites "Batgirl is now a lesbian" as a news story. could someone explain it all to me? Thanks

Just read supergirl 0, I enjoyed it obviously as Supergirl , Ivy and Harley in one comic = great (for me anyway) But one question. Batgirl turned into Clayface and Supergirl said what happened to the original Batgirl was horrible.

What happened to Batgirl? I thought she was still alive and a lesbian from what I remember a year or two ago when they had it on news sites "Batgirl is now a lesbian" as a news story. could someone explain it all to me? Thanks

I don't know what's with all the Clayface stuff but Batgirl isn't a lesbian. That was Batwoman. She was a character introduced in 52 but hasn't really been seen since.

The current Batgirl is Cassandra Cain, and she is still wandering around, being a villain and a hero at the same time, I think.

I don't know what's with all the Clayface stuff but Batgirl isn't a lesbian. That was Batwoman. She was a character introduced in 52 but hasn't really been seen since.

The current Batgirl is Cassandra Cain, and she is still wandering around, being a villain and a hero at the same time, I think.

Ahhh Batwoman.

The Clayface story I'm guessing will be explained later in these comics so that's cool.

I wanted to know what happened to the original Batgirl. Was she killed or something?

Ahhh Batwoman.

The Clayface story I'm guessing will be explained later in these comics so that's cool.

I wanted to know what happened to the original Batgirl. Was she killed or something?

The original Batgirl was Barbara Gordon. The Joker crippled her, and now she's operating as a sort of intel agent for the superhero community.

The second Batgirl was the son of an assassin, or something. I don't know what's up with her.

And Batwoman is someone else entirely. She's a rich lady called Katherine Kane who's an heir to a corporation like Bruce and runs around fighting crime in costume. And she's gonna be in Robinson's Justice League. and she's a lesbian.

Anyway, Supergirl's been pretty terrible from the start.

Last edited:
Ahhh Batwoman.

Read The Killing Joke. It reveals what happens to Barbara Gordon and is also a kickass Joker story.

The original Batgirl was Barbara Gordon. The Joker crippled her, and now she's operating as a sort of intel agent for the superhero community.

Damn, He killed a Robin and crippled a Batgirl. Thanks dude.

Read The Killing Joke. It reveals what happens to Barbara Gordon and is also a kickass Joker story.

:lol: Ironic huh? I have the killing Joke but have yet to read it instead I decided to start on these first. Thanks dude I'll read that soon.

Last edited:
Damn, He killed a Robin and crippled a Batgirl. Thanks dude.

It is why The Joker is awesome.

Also, when the new creative team comes on Supergirl and it starts tying into the Superman/Action Comics storyline I will pick this up. For the first time ever. I'm scared.

It is why The Joker is awesome.

That is true.

I finished 0-5 just now and I loved it. I loved supergirl randomly kissing nightwing :lol: It was funny and just out of nowhere which was cool and it was cool seeing nightwing as he is my favourite DC hero.

I opened up 6 to read and first page says "one year later" and has from the look of it Superman dressed weird in a leader of a world type role :? I remember reading on here that "one year later" was after an event. I know it's annoying me asking these noob-ish questions but was the event "Infinite Crisis" and if so should I buy it to understand what the hell is going on? as I stopped reading supergirl 6 after 2 pages confused as **** :lol:

That is true.

I finished 0-5 just now and I loved it. I loved supergirl randomly kissing nightwing :lol: It was funny and just out of nowhere which was cool and it was cool seeing nightwing as he is my favourite DC hero.

I opened up 6 to read and first page says "one year later" and has from the look of it Superman dressed weird in a leader of a world type role :? I remember reading on here that "one year later" was after an event. I know it's annoying me asking these noob-ish questions but was the event "Infinite Crisis" and if so should I buy it to understand what the hell is going on? as I stopped reading supergirl 6 after 2 pages confused as **** :lol:

Infinite Crisis was an event which DC did to fix their various continuity errors. It's too hard to summarize as there's so much going on. Read it if you want to understand some of the current DCU, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

Infinite Crisis was an event which DC did to fix their various continuity errors. It's too hard to summarize as there's so much going on. Read it if you want to understand some of the current DCU, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

Ah thanks. Yeah I was thinking I needed to buy it to understand the huge changes from 5 to 6. I'll probably see if I can pick it up later on this week.

Latest posts

Back