Teen Titans series discussion *Spoilers*

The follow-up issue is just weak. I'm really starting to get annoyed with a lot of comics....this is one of them. It started off strong after OYL...but it just started to fizzle with this one.

More aguing between Cassie and Rose on whether or not Rose and Kid Devil should be on the team. The team travels across the world in search of Raven. Raven is missing because she is out to find something that was stolen from her by one of the 20-odd Titans in the past year.

Nothing happens the entire issue except we get a shot of Risk, all washed out in his trailer after he robs a convenient store and a shadowy figure tell Risk that he can either joing Titans East or die.

We then close with Raven on the run from some security SWAT squad.

Plus I wasn't feeling the art. This issue was meh.

2/5s

Victor Von Doom said:
The follow-up issue is just weak. I'm really starting to get annoyed with a lot of comics....this is one of them. It started off strong after OYL...but it just started to fizzle with this one.

More aguing between Cassie and Rose on whether or not Rose and Kid Devil should be on the team. The team travels across the world in search of Raven. Raven is missing because she is out to find something that was stolen from her by one of the 20-odd Titans in the past year.

Nothing happens the entire issue except we get a shot of Risk, all washed out in his trailer after he robs a convenient store and a shadowy figure tell Risk that he can either joing Titans East or die.

2/5s

totally agree. I really do dig Ravager, and I'm excited about Raven coming back, but the series is seriously meh right now. It was cool to see the Doom Patrol for a little while, but even those issues weren't that great. I think I'm goign to let this series go for a little bit and check out Outsiders instead.

I'm digging it so far, I just think that Cassie is a total ***** with Rose and Kid Devil for no reason. The girl is trying to reform herself dammit, give her a chance, she was "brainwashed" by Deathstroke...

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I'm digging it so far, I just think that Cassie is a total ***** with Rose and Kid Devil for no reason. The girl is trying to reform herself dammit, give her a chance, she was "brainwashed" by Deathstroke...
yea i know, and i cant wait to see kid devil fight "choir boy":D

This issue was alright. I want to see more Titans East.

Match is a clone of superboy, who has taken Superboy's place in the past...

The fact that Match is a successful clone will prolly drive Tim crazier.

Victor Von Doom said:

2/5s
See now I thought this was the strongest issue since the OYL jump. The Russian heros of the DCU are some of the great untapped characters, and the spread of characters at the end, many of wich are Kingdom Come based (Offspring, Osiris, and Captain Marvel Jr alone made me happy. The rest are gravy baby.) have me really looking forward to where this is going.

Zombipanda said:
totally agree. I really do dig Ravager, and I'm excited about Raven coming back, but the series is seriously meh right now. It was cool to see the Doom Patrol for a little while, but even those issues weren't that great. I think I'm goign to let this series go for a little bit and check out Outsiders instead.
Last few issues of Outsiders I read were pretty bad. Its been maybe 2 months. I wouldn't reccomend it.

Last edited:
Wow that was good.
Zatara is a jerk.
Bombshell is...who is bombshell? Never heard of her.
And Miss Martian is not really the martian we believe.

4/5

Last edited:
Ummmmm....

This week's Teen Titans = :shock:

It recounts how eddie got his powers and turned into a real Kid Devil... Basically he sold his soul to Neron, the Devil of the DC Universe (not lucifer... think of him as DC's answer to Mephisto). The condition that must be abided by to ensure that on Eddie's twentieth birthday he does not become Neron's protege is that his trust in Blue Devil never wavers. After agreeing in this, Neron reveals that BD has already betrayed his trust, and once Eddie confirms this, he tells Blue Devil that he'll never trust him again.

Essentially Eddie knows that in less than three years he will be snatched up by Hell and face eternal damnation at Neron's side. For now... he's just living life the best he can.

Good issue

4/5

Ummmmm....

It recounts how eddie got his powers and turned into a real Kid Devil... Basically he sold his soul to Neron, the Devil of the DC Universe (not lucifer... think of him as DC's answer to Mephisto). The condition that must be abided by to ensure that on Eddie's twentieth birthday he does not become Neron's protege is that his trust in Blue Devil never wavers. After agreeing in this, Neron reveals that BD has already betrayed his trust, and once Eddie confirms this, he tells Blue Devil that he'll never trust him again.

Essentially Eddie knows that in less than three years he will be snatched up by Hell and face eternal damnation at Neron's side. For now... he's just living life the best he can.

Good issue

4/5

I'm impressed, this is very original and something that doesn't seem to be a rehash of a SIlver Age concept that seems (to me anyways) to be running rampat throughout the DC universe at the moment

It's moments like these why I remember that I liked Geoff Jones during his Flash run.

Ummmmm....

Good issue

4/5

I dunno about damnation i mean isnt Protoge like pupil or something?

I just bought 44 out of the first 50 issues of the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans, plus the first 3 annuals and a four issue mini they ran with backgrounds on th newer characters. Go fitty cent boxes!

I downloaded this whole series so I can read it from the start... I've read the first 7 issues. It is very, very good. Geoff Johns is excellent at revamping DC characters I don't care about.

Latest posts

Back