Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / 2007 (Spoilers)

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / 2007

:lol: maybe

I was kidding. I'm even loosing intrest in this and most likely wont see it in cinema at first i thought it would be well boss but closer the movie comes to coming out it looks naff

Also i want to point out you've "voided" my opinions so many times now that it has lost all meaning

suck up. i'm seeing this movie.

suck up. i'm seeing this movie.

I'm not a suck up :lol:

I was hyped for film then each time i watched trailer it looked worse and worse then plus everything i'm hearing. I'll watch it no doubt but I'll wait for dvd realse to watch it.

If this movie had come out 20 years ago you would all be swimming in my semen right now.

Released this year though? I might buy it on DVD when it comes out.

Your opinions are no longer valid. Your cinematic tastes are comparable to a 13 year old.

I call hypocrite! You were the one pushing "Save the Last Dance" or some relatable (in the terrible sense) Cheerleader movie...

Mole may have the tastes of a 13 year old, true. But you, VVD, have the tastes of a 13 year old girl!

Oh, BURN!

That looks cool thanks Ice

I call hypocrite! You were the one pushing "Save the Last Dance" or some relatable (in the terrible sense) Cheerleader movie...

Mole may have the tastes of a 13 year old, true. But you, VVD, have the tastes of a 13 year old girl!

Oh, BURN!
BURN indeed. :lol:

That looks cool thanks Ice
Yeah, it was pretty cool preview. Still would wish they went something along the likes of the movie and not the show, which doesn't matter what anyone says, this is tune more with the show then the previous movies, even though it's in continuity with the movies.

Oh, BURN!

It was "Stick It" and "John Tucker Must Die" for the record-----and although I admitted that at one time, silly teen movies have some sort of strange voodoo-ish hold over me....I did acknowledge them to be ****ty films.

And forgive me for having some weird fascination with 20-something year old girls playing 16-17 year old girls on film. You know the motto:

Jailbait...Some Of the Best Things In Life Are Illegal

So yes.....BURN indeed. But I still have better taste than Moley. Sorry Mole---it's true. :p I show my love in the form of public humiliation and shame.

Yeah, it was pretty cool preview. Still would wish they went something along the likes of the movie and not the show, which doesn't matter what anyone says, this is tune more with the show then the previous movies, even though it's in continuity with the movies.

Yeah does seem more like cartoon. Which may not be a bad thing as such as cartoon still kicks *** and Turtles III was more like film universe than cartoon show and look how that turned out :lol: don't get me wrong i still like turtles III in a its still turtles so i like it kinda way but that film is awful very very awful

So yes.....BURN indeed. But I still have better taste than Moley. Sorry Mole---it's true. :p I show my love in the form of public humiliation and shame.

I think you don't have better taste :lol: but love you too Vic

Last edited:

It was "Stick It" and "John Tucker Must Die" for the record-----and although I admitted that at one time, silly teen movies have some sort of strange voodoo-ish hold over me....I did acknowledge them to be ****ty films.

And forgive me for having some weird fascination with 20-something year old girls playing 16-17 year old girls on film. You know the motto:

Jailbait...Some Of the Best Things In Life Are Illegal

Touche.

And the only reason I can't watch those films are because you have to listen to the chicks talk for two hours straight. If it was just them jumping around on a trampoline for a couple hours, I'm sure I could stay interested.

once i saw a pic of Casey Jones in this movie my interest dissaperated, he look's like someone from "Monster House"

meh, i'll probably end up renting this once it comes out

My excitement for this movie has gone back and forth. My fandom for the Turtles comes from the old TV show, so I wouldn't want a really dark movie like how I've heared the original comics were. On the other hand, I was hoping that this movie would do something that would make fans of the older comics happy, because I can sympathize with getting a totally off adaptation of something you're a fan of.

So, IMO, a mix of more serious storylines and humor, something like that of the original 1990 movie, would be best. The director of this movie, Munroe, seemed to really understand that from the interviews I've read.

But the promotions have been kinda mixed for me. They do have some funny lines and things, but some other lines have sounded kinda stupid :? The Teaser Trailer was great however, and I loved the four Turtle Posters, (especially the one with Mikey, he is all kinds of awesome :lol:)

As for villains, I like that they choose not to resurrect Shredder in this one, and even though I hadn't heard of her before this movie, Karai sounds cool. However, the whole portal opening with monsters in it seemed a little silly and clichéd to me.

Onto the animation: I think the Turtles look awesome, but the people… Well, I don't really like how they look at all. I still think they should have gone with a live-action movie and CGI Turtles. Also, I don't know Casey too well outside the 90's film, but this Casey seems a little off, is that just me? And, what's up with April in ninja gear? 0_o

So, I'm already unsure what to think about this movie, but now reviews have been pretty mixed. But, in the movies defense, the people who didn't like it seem to know less of what they're talking about then I do (which, believe me, is no easy feat.) One site even criticized them for shortening the Turtles names. Um, they've always been Leo, Raph, Mikey and Donny, because saying Leonardo, Raphael , Donatello and Michelangelo all the time would be way too long :roll:

I just got back from seeing this in theaters. My love for the turtles goes waaaaay back, so I was really looking forward to this film.

It was teh awesome. But I'm sure plenty of people would argue with me.

One site even criticized them for shortening the Turtles names. Um, they've always been Leo, Raph, Mikey and Donny, because saying Leonardo, Raphael , Donatello and Michelangelo all the time would be way too long :roll:

:lol: :lol: idiots

It was pretty good. I think that story-wise, it feels like its just an hour and 40 minute version of the show. Which isn't necessarily bad, but it was geared too much towards new kids instead of a "general" audience. The atmosphere definetly keeps the same as the previous movie, which means fun and great action.

Another flaw is the CGI. While great work, still too "kiddish" (for the lack of a better word). It should've been geared towards not just new kids, but the olds fans alike, which could've happen and still kept it PG. And I mean this overall, not just the CGI. The turtles, Splinter, and Foot clan were perfect, though, in the CGI work.

Kevin Smith's cameo was cool. Almost missed it. They should've made his character look like him.

Best part was hands down, Leo vs Raph. ****ing awesome. Movie was worth it just for that alone.

Rating: 2.9/5

Edit:

The septer (sp?) from III was shown here. SWEET.

Also, who else thinks that they'll make a sequel with the return of Shredder? With that comment Karai made, I say he just might.

Last edited:

It was pretty good. I think that story-wise, it feels like its just an hour and 40 minute version of the show. Which isn't necessarily bad, but it was geared too much towards new kids instead of a "general" audience. The atmosphere definetly keeps the same as the previous movie, which means fun and great action.

Another flaw is the CGI. While great work, still too "kiddish" (for the lack of a better word). It should've been geared towards not just new kids, but the olds fans alike, which could've happen and still kept it PG. And I mean this overall, not just the CGI. The turtles, Splinter, and Foot clan were perfect, though, in the CGI work.

Kevin Smith's cameo was cool. Almost missed it. They should've made his character look like him.

Best part was hands down, Leo vs Raph. ****ing awesome. Movie was worth it just for that alone.

Rating: 2.9/5

Edit:

The septer (sp?) from III was shown here. SWEET.

Also, who else thinks that they'll make a sequel with the return of Shredder? With that comment Karai made, I say he just might.

Sounds cool. I'm watching it this saturday. can't wait should be cool.

Leo vs raph would be cool. Raph's my favourite turtle.

As for the sequel they have all ready said they making are a sequel and alot of rumours are shredder in it.

Yeah, that would be cool and really does go hand in hand with what Karai said.

yeah just hopefully not Super shredder aka kevin nash (loved the second film but I don't want that form back)

Latest posts

Back