Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / 2007 (Spoilers)

Maybe they hated it in the first place, but kept quite because of the money, ever thought of that? Then when the show was cancelled iandthey were out of their contracts that they could express their true feelings. Regardless the show sucked, most fans hated it and still do and that's why it only lasted one season.Seriously track down some good TMNT stories, those would be worth your while.

ok you hate it I get it and that's cool i can respect that.

I told you the real reason it lasted one series.

I liked it. other people liked it as well. Let's drop it and get back on topic which is the new film

Maybe they hated it in the first place, but kept quite because of the money, ever thought of that? Then when the show was cancelled iandthey were out of their contracts that they could express their true feelings. Regardless the show sucked, most fans hated it and still do and that's why it only lasted one season. But people at DC comics siad super friends was good back in the 70s, but that didn't change the fact it was stupid and most people at DC now, hate it. Seriously track down some good TMNT stories, those would be worth your while.

I agree, Overlord. I hated the live action show.

First two Turtles movies and Turtles 4: Gold.
Cartoon (Both the 1987 and 2003 versions): Awesome
Comic: Amazing
Live Action and Turtles 3: Poop. Lots of poop.

But, hey, that's just me.

Last edited:
SSJmole only likes the live action show because it's in the Power Rangers universe.

I saw a bit of it, but honestly don't remember too much. That was after my Turtles phase.

SSJmole only likes the live action show because it's in the Power Rangers universe.

I saw a bit of it, but honestly don't remember too much. That was after my Turtles phase.

No I liked it beacuse it was fun to watch

another thing I liked was how it did not follow movies or original series but had references to it. E.g turtles lair very similar to movies lair if not identical , First episode mikey says "let's get pizza" in the same style the original cartoon use to play up the pizza element and the others say "grow up":lol:

Last edited:
Anyway back to the sequel talk, I really think City at War would make a great sequel storyline, that or Return to New York were the best comic book storylines and they already did some aspects of return to New York in the first movies.

I agree, Overlord. I hated the live action show.

I agree too. It was just... bad.

I really want to read the original Mirage turtles. They NEED to get some reprints out there for that. Maybe Essential/Showcase style. Big chunks at a low cost.

I agree too. It was just... bad.

I really want to read the original Mirage turtles. They NEED to get some reprints out there for that. Maybe Essential/Showcase style. Big chunks at a low cost.

You can read the first issue on the TMNT website, just go into the comics section, then Mirage Vol. 1 and click on the first issue, you find a link to the comic on the bottom of the page:

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/

Last edited:
Anyway back to the sequel talk, I really think City at War would make a great sequel storyline, that or Return to New York were the best comic book storylines and they already did some aspects of return to New York in the first movies.

I think they should adapt the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Nintendo game.

But not the first, because that sucked.

Well I just watched this (online), and I have to say that I was fairly impressed. The characters' personalities were spot on, good voice acting, and good visuals. Sure, there was a certain amount of cheese to it (ninja April didn't do it for me), and I wish that Mikey and Donny got more fight time, but overall enjoyable. 3/5

I was also surprised at some of the celebrities that were doing voices.

i had an absolute blast watching this movie. a lot of it had to do with the people in the theater. most of the crowd was in their early 20's and everyone was really into it. laughing and saying stupid stuff throughout.

my biggest complaint was that mikey and donnie got very little or no character devolopment. instead april and casey got some weak love story b-plot. the time devoted to that should have been used to flesh out mike and don. behind leo and ralph the next important character was Casey. Mike and Don were just a "party dude" and a turtle that "does machines"

the villians weren't that well devolped either. and the main bad guy that wasn't stone looked like the pops from Incredibles.

i liked that it's a continuation of the films but it truly is a stand alone film. you don't need to have seen the first three to know what's happening.

one thing that is great about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is that's a lot like Snakes on a Plane. there isn't much need to explain what it's about, the title says everything you need to know before the film starts.

i was disapointed that the theme song from the cartoon wasn't in the movie.

i went as Donatello for Halloween when i was younger this year i think i'm going as Casey Jones.

one thing that is great about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is that's a lot like Snakes on a Plane. there isn't much need to explain what it's about, the title says everything you need to know before the film starts.

is snakes on a plane that film about the dancing penguin?

I saw this in the cinema today. I loved it. my thoughts ect.. :

only thing I did not like was splinter and the turtles voices. Now I know it's not a big deal but i was expecting either old cartoon or new cartoon voices.

my favourite scene was seeing my favourite turtle Raph kick the crap out of Leo.

I saw the toys of the film before I saw the film and I plan to get a few and keep in boxes. I was the Night-watcher figure with bike and thought cool bike but don't know who he is so won't get it. Now i know he's favourite turtle I want it.

Also saw the turtle van and thought that looks so lame but now i strangely want it :lol:

love the film and love the way they dealt with how raph felt about leo leaving . Also see what everyone was talking about with why it's most likely shredder will be in sequal

I give this film 4 out of 5

Last edited:
Don't worry about spoiler marks. It's in the thread title.

Also, have Night watcher as two words. It'll block part of it if you keep it as one.

Don't worry about spoiler marks. It's in the thread title.

Also, have Night watcher as two words. It'll block part of it if you keep it as one.

Ah cool. Done that thanks.

Well I finally got a chance to see this... It wasn't bad. To be honest I think it was better than the first 3 movies. I loved Mike's ride throw Sewer. It definitely took me back when I was a kid when I use to watch the turtle's cartoon and played with the action figures.

The second one was the first TMNT game I ever played. That would also make a great movie.

Not gonna happen, Laird has creative control over TMNT and he has said non Mirage characters like Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang will not appear (they were bosses in the game). Plus video games do not make good movies, because they have paper thin plots (seriously what is the story for that game?)

A sequel will be based on the Mirage comics, which means it will feature villains from that universe, not the 80s toon universe. Besides Shredder and the Foot, other mirage villains were Dr. Baxter Stockman, DARPA, the Triceratons and Savanti Romero (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savanti_Romero).

Of course they could bring Shredder the way he came back in the comics:
Worm Clone Shredder

Latest posts

Back