THANOS is back, Imperatively

Thanos Imperative Ignition - Magus is back in the physical realm and now called Adam Magus? Last I knew of him he was imprisoned in the Soul Gem.

And Moondragon is no longer a dragon?

I'm assuming all of this was explained in War of Kings and Realm of Kings?

Kinda, these topics were handled in the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Moondragon's dragon form was actually the Dragon of the Moon trying to get into the physical realm through her. When she died, the Dragon became stuck on Oblivion, and there Drax and Phyla found her and rescue her. In the process, Phyla became an Avatar of Death, and renamed herself Martyr.

Adam Warlock went to shut down the Fault from destroying the universe, and succeeded, but in doing so, couldn't close the Fault. He then was run through by Phyla, who made the deal to bring Moondragon back from the dead, she needed to kill Adam in his weakest. This brought about Magus, who then kicked everyone's ass, until Starlord showed up with a Cosmic Cube given to him by Kang, who mentioned that all the timelines were being destroyed.

Magus then hid in the Church of Truth, sacrificing the lot of them to bring the Universe of Life into this universe. Supposedly Magus was then killed by Evil Captain Marvel, though I think he did a fake out here, or is in the process of reverting back to Adam Warlock.

Moondragon hasn't been a dragon since she was killed by Ultron in like the second issue of Conquest

Warlock turned into Magus when he tried to close the fault by pretty much using an invalid timeline as a bandaid to repair the tear in the current one, the invalid timeline was one where Magus was alive, this caused Warlock to turn into Magus

Phyla was supposed to actually kill him before he became Magus it just didn't work

its not nearly as complicated as explaining it makes it sound they actually lat it all out very well in the comics

Awesome issue.

Celestials have joined the combat at the fault, and the Revengers bring out something called the Galactus Engine in response.

Meanwhile time anomalies are being gathered. And Guardians show why they rock in the other universe.

ThanosImperative_3_Teaser.jpg

Beta Ray Bill is an unexpected appearence, but a welcome one,

Newsarama seems to be convinced that after this mini Fred Van Lente will be taking over the cosmic verse with a space avengers book

I don't buy it

also does this line-up possibly eclipse the original United Front from Annihilation as the most powerful marvel team ever?

Do the Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, and Quasar out-class Drax the Destroyer, Star-Lord, Phyla-Vell, Super-Skrull, Gamora, Firelord, Red Shift, and Stardust?

Last edited:
Quasar obviously outclasses Phyla-Vell, Silver Surfer probably is on the same power level as the three herlads, Gladiator most likely equals Drax and Gamora though they are more cruel, And I know nothing of Beta Ray Bill other than he's around Thor level. I'd say they are equal, or slightly outclass the others.

I think Newsarama is stretching the whole thing too. I think it's just a teaser for the comic itself.

Newsarama seems to be convinced that after this mini Fred Van Lente will be taking over the cosmic verse with a space avengers book

I don't buy it

I think it's more likely that DnA will be leaving the cosmic books so that Hickman's Fantastic Four can become the anchor for epic space stuff.

Well... remember that Mr. Anonymous guy who suspiciously knew a lot about Marvel's upcoming comics? He recently implied that Jeph Loeb would be taking over the cosmic stuff and since all of his other scoops came true...

Sorry.

Well... remember that Mr. Anonymous guy who suspiciously knew a lot about Marvel's upcoming comics? He recently implied that Jeph Loeb would be taking over the cosmic stuff and since all of his other scoops came true...

Sorry.

Now I'm glad I never got into the cosmic stuff, so my heart won't be ripped out now.

Fortunately DnA are going to be writing the new Heroes For Hire series, I'm glad they're still with Marvel.

Sorry.

Who? What?

Iceshadow said:
Fortunately DnA are going to be writing the new Heroes For Hire series

Yes. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Wow, I've gotta say this mini almost, almost, stands up to the original Annihilation mini, as a supremely quality event book, loved every panel

Sepulveda really did a great job, and there isn't much to be said about DnA that hasn't been said already.

I can't buy the death of the big two, it's gotta be a fake out, that said I want a Bowen or Kotoboyotika statue of the memorial statue on the last page, it'd be *****in'

and to the Loeb rumours, I've got a few things to say about that. **** NO, that just can't happen, That is pretty much the one thing that can cause me to walk away from comics all together, major slap in the face. Give it to FVL, give it to Hickman (imagine that!), give it to Gage, Slott, **** BENDIS even, just not ****ING LOEB

I read Annihilation a year or two ago and over the past week I've finally finished reading the rest of the Marvel cosmic stuff. This was the perfect ending to Abnett and Lanning's epic saga and had pretty much everything I could have wanted. I now understand why a few of you were raving about this stuff at the time. The Guardians of the Galaxy are my new favourite superhero team and I'm now ridiculously excited for the movie.

Bendis and Loeb have a lot to live up to (and a lot to answer): how did Star-Lord and Thanos get out of the Cancerverse? How is Drax alive? What happened to Richard Rider? I hope the answers are good.

I'm going to be really disappointed if the cosmic event Hickman's doing this year with Thanos and the Guardians of the Galaxy is just a larger version of this with the Avengers involved.

So over the past few months I read this entire saga. Like the whole thing. Starting with the crappy Thanos 12-issue series and the Drax the Destroyer series, through Annihilation, Annihilation Wave, War of Kings, Realm of Kings, Thanos Imperative, and all the related ongoings and miniseries. I also read all of the Inhumans miniseries to understand more of what was going on with them. Wow, it was really good. I thought the whole "cancerverse" thing was kind of dumb until Mar-vell showed up. That just worked perfectly. I'm planning on reading DnA's Annihilators and Annihilators: Earthfall minis next and then reread the parts of Hickman's F4/FF run that had to do with the Inhumans and the Kree. Anything else important I'm missing between Thanos Imperative and Infinity?

So over the past few months I read this entire saga. Like the whole thing. Starting with the crappy Thanos 12-issue series and the Drax the Destroyer series, through Annihilation, Annihilation Wave, War of Kings, Realm of Kings, Thanos Imperative, and all the related ongoings and miniseries. I also read all of the Inhumans miniseries to understand more of what was going on with them. Wow, it was really good. I thought the whole "cancerverse" thing was kind of dumb until Mar-vell showed up. That just worked perfectly. I'm planning on reading DnA's Annihilators and Annihilators: Earthfall minis next and then reread the parts of Hickman's F4/FF run that had to do with the Inhumans and the Kree. Anything else important I'm missing between Thanos Imperative and Infinity?

Trouble, by Mark Millar

Latest posts

Back