Thanos Rising (spoilers)

E

Excelsior Club
So this was not at all what I was expecting.

I didn't read any solits for this and I guess I just automatically assumed it was about Thanos coming back into power for whatever cosmic event is going on coming up soon. I had no idea they were going to explore his childhood.

In that regard it was kind of weird. A character like Thanos...you don't really think of him as ever having been a child. He was kind of brooding and artistic...I didn't hate the story but I felt like it actually took away from the mystique and aura of the character of Thanos. It made him too normal.

Well Thanos has always had a backstory, he grew up on Titan and was a genetic anomaly or something. Then he murders his mother and nukes Titan.

Or something like that. Ask Jim Starlin.

Well Thanos has always had a backstory, he grew up on Titan and was a genetic anomaly or something. Then he murders his mother and nukes Titan.

Or something like that. Ask Jim Starlin.

Right, but all we really needed to know was that he became obsessed with death and kill his mother. That's pretty powerful as far as far as a backstory.

I dunno. It wasn't a huge deal, I just thought seeing it kind of tool away the mystery.

Thanos Rising

2790387-IF-you-know-what-i-mean_zpsc9183345.png

#3 turned this pretty dark pretty quick. Thanos has sired all kinds of children across the galaxy and Death (that is Death, isn't it?) convices him to kill them all and the mothers, too.

This isn't too bad. The first 2 issues were weird because that is not the Thanos I've read over the last number of years but I guess that's kind of the point.

#3 turned this pretty dark pretty quick. Thanos has sired all kinds of children across the galaxy and Death (that is Death, isn't it?) convices him to kill them all and the mothers, too.

This isn't too bad. The first 2 issues were weird because that is not the Thanos I've read over the last number of years but I guess that's kind of the point.

Man, Death is a really jealous girlfriend, apparently. I wonder if in the next issue Death forces Thanos to introduce her to his mother. Bet she's already stopped taking her birth control, too.

Latest posts

Back