The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

Superman III is very much like a Silver Age comic book, and I love it. Aside from maybe Superman Returns, it is my favorite Superman movie.

God I hated Superman III. It completely bored me to tears and the fact that Richard Pryor was the villain along with a talking computer. Pure awfulness.

Superman fighting a giant computer that turns people into robots is an awesome story.

And Richard Pryor was not the villain, he just got caught up in a bad situation and redeemed himself at the end.

And the Evil Superman scenes and the fight with Clark were the best parts of the whole original series.

Superman fighting a giant computer that turns people into robots is an awesome story.

And Richard Pryor was not the villain, he just got caught up in a bad situation and redeemed himself at the end.

And the Evil Superman scenes and the fight with Clark were the best parts of the whole original series.

:rockon:

The first thing we've agreed on in the longest time.

If they just could have gotten Gene Wilder to team up with Richard Pryor in Superman III, it would have been great.

The first thing we've agreed on in the longest time.

You agree that the evil Superman scenes were the best scenes in the entire original series?!:shock: Superman and Lois interactions?! Adult Superman talks to Brando about how good being a superhero felt? Helicopter?! You're not Rob!

But I agree that for all it's kookiness, Superman III is overall a good movie, especially for Clark's character and the Lana stuff.

You agree that the evil Superman scenes were the best scenes in the entire original series?!:shock: Superman and Lois interactions?! Adult Superman talks to Brando about how good being a superhero felt? Helicopter?! You're not Rob!

Whoops!

They're definitely some of the best scenes of the series. The Helicopter beats everything.

But I agree that for all it's kookiness, Superman III is overall a good movie, especially for Clark's character and the Lana stuff.

"This is good because of Lana." Now there's a sentence that seems very odd in this day and age.

If they just could have gotten Gene Wilder to team up with Richard Pryor in Superman III, it would have been great.

:shock:

This is the coolest and best idea for anything, ever.

Last edited:
....I actually like Superman 3 more than Superman 2.

Superman 1 trumps all the Superman movies and was the best origin movie until Iron Man came out.

I wouldn't know. I haven't seen Superman 2 or 3 in ten years. Saw 1 about a year ago. It's still wonderfully enjoyable.

....I actually like Superman 3 more than Superman 2.

For sheer entertainment value as a family film and not a Superman film, I will admit that it is almost as good as Superman II, especially when you take into account that Superman III didn't take any huge liberties with the character or his powers (e.g. Superman giving up his powers in II, not to mention all of the neato extra ones the Kryptonian bad guys had, including Force-Beams). But in no way is it better.

Superman 1 trumps all the Superman movies...

...and was the best origin movie until Iron Man came out.

:noway:

I'll never understand this logic. Best to stop trying.

Last edited:
For sheer entertainment value as a family film and not a Superman film, I will admit that it is almost as good as Superman II, especially when you take into account that Superman III didn't take any huge liberties with the character or his powers (e.g. Superman giving up his powers in II, not to mention all of the neato extra ones the Kryptonian bad guys had, including Force-Beams). But in no way is it better.

:noway:

I'll never understand this logic. Best to stop trying.

Origins:

Iron Man > Superman 1 > Batman Begins. All else are way behind.

Why Iron Man? It's not just the origin of a hero. It's the origin of a movie-verse unlike anything we've ever seen.

Origins:

Why Iron Man? It's not just the origin of a hero. It's the origin of a movie-verse unlike anything we've ever seen.

Origins:

Superman 1 > Spider-man 1 > Batman Begins > Iron Man

Origins:

This is just sheer insanity.

Saying Iron Man is better than Superman or Batman Begins is like saying that Transformers is better than Terminator 2.

Let's change this topic. Come on the Green Lantern movie.

Spider-Man? Really?

Rewatch that movie. It gets a lot of praise but it's the most ADD of the bunch. It can't go 7 minutes with the Goblin showing up, or a nightmare, or sometimes out of nowhere they just show the Goblin mask for no reason and a loud noise to keep you watching.

It's so damn cartoony. Great at the time and really enjoyable but not better in origin to either Iron Man or Batman Begins.

Spider-Man? Really?

Rewatch that movie. It gets a lot of praise but it's the most ADD of the bunch. It can't go 7 minutes with the Goblin showing up, or a nightmare, or sometimes out of nowhere they just show the Goblin mask for no reason and a loud noise to keep you watching.

It's so damn cartoony. Great at the time and really enjoyable but not better in origin to either Iron Man or Batman Begins.

Origin wise (not including goblin just the hero.) Peter's journey to been the spider-man who saves people is pretty cool. Everything from Uncle ben's death to wrestling is brilliant.

Still wish we had gotten webshooters but still great.

Origins:

Superman 1 > Spider-man 1 > Batman Begins > Iron Man

Okay...I missed this.

Whatever about Iron Man being better than Batman Begins...saying that Spider-Man is better than Batman Begins is like saying...

...no you got me. I've got nothing. Batman Begins is impossibly better than any of the Spider-Man movies.

green-goblin01.jpg

LiamNeeson_BatmanBegins.jpg

Okay...I missed this.

Whatever about Iron Man being better than Batman Begins...saying that Spider-Man is better than Batman Begins is like saying...]

Who said movie was better? I said his origin was better in the film.

Latest posts

Back