The All About Comic Book Movies Thread

Who said movie was better? I said his origin was better in the film.

Batman's origin was the movie. Everything else came second. Spider-Man (like every Marvel movie except X-Men) was an excuse for a big battle between two people with superpowers.

Batman's origin was the movie. Everything else came second. Spider-Man (like every Marvel movie except X-Men) was an excuse for a big battle between two people with superpowers.

I still thought Spider-man's origin was better so yeah.

This is why I think the X-Men movies are by far the best movies made by Marvel so far. Almost every character is casted perfectly and they make plots like God Loves, Man Kills the most interesting movie I've seen in a while. I still think that even though it had its shortcomings X3 was still one of my favorite comic movies. I can't wait for Wolverine and Magneto to come out.

You know, come to think of it, I might put movie Spidey's origin above movie Superman's. There's really no explaination or proper segue for designing and putting on the costume and being a superhero in S:TM.

And again, I'll never understand the almost unanamous bullying of the Spidey movies that goes on on this board. I've never heard anything but praise for it in real life, with the exception of the third, and even then people don't act like it's a piece of ****.

Last edited:
You know, come to think of it, I might put movie Spidey's origin above movie Superman's. There's really no explaination or proper segue for designing and putting on the costume and being a superhero in S:TM.

And again, I'll never understand the almost unanamous bullying of the Spidey movies that goes on on this board. I've never heard anything but praise for it in real life, with the exception of the third, and even then people don't act like it's a piece of ****.

They aren't bad. They're just so comic booky that they're somewhat painful to watch. The plot and the acting is so hammy, and Tobey McGuire is just a terrible Spider-Man. I mean, the CGI is just awesome. It's cool as hell to see Spider-Man on the screen, but all the films are just so fluffy. Which is fine, because the audience is suppose to be pre-teens and young teenagers, but I'm a grown man, and it just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:
Again, I've never heard anything but praise and praise for Tobey as Peter Parker, up until the third. From my grown-man, life-long comic fan, read-Spidey-monthly-throughout-the-entire-golden-era-of-Marvel dad, teachers, any adult I know. Most people said he's what made the movies so good and relatable, and I've heard the Christopher Reeve comparison a few times.

Why must we always have the same arguments?

All I hear is disappointed with the choice from people outside the site.

And the Superman movies suck. Returns was the only decent one.

Again, I've never heard anything but praise and praise for Tobey as Peter Parker, up until the third. From my grown-man, life-long comic fan, read-Spidey-monthly-throughout-the-entire-golden-era-of-Marvel dad, teachers, any adult I know. Most people said he's what made the movies so good and relatable, and I've heard the Christopher Reeve comparison a few times.

:roll:

Well, if everyone you know likes them, I guess I'll have to change my opinion and like them too then.

Last edited:

Wrong.

I won't even dignify this with a Luthor meme wrong.

Well, if everyone you know likes them, I guess I'll have to change my opinion and like them too then.

When the **** did I say this? Welcome to a discussion board. You said the films don't do it for you because you're a grown man, I say it can't be that because I know plenty of grown men who they do do it for. Opinions clash, but I'm not accusing you of trying to assimilate me either.

Superman 1 + 2 were great.

Superman 3 + 4 are horrible.

Superman returns is worse than 3 + 4 the movies it was trying to replace

Batman Begins > Superman > Iron Man > Spider-Man

That is all

The sweet taste of sanity as it touches my eyes and swims through my mind.

They aren't bad. They're just so comic booky that they're somewhat painful to watch. The plot and the acting is so hammy, and Tobey McGuire is just a terrible Spider-Man. I mean, the CGI is just awesome. It's cool as hell to see Spider-Man on the screen, but all the films are just so fluffy. Which is fine, because the audience is suppose to be pre-teens and young teenagers, but I'm a grown man, and it just doesn't do it for me.

:rockon:

:noway:

Give me three honest, sensical reasons that Superman Returns is a more entertaining movie than the first Superman movie. I can't think of one other than 'the action is better' :roll:

Well, he doesn't time travel in SR.
"ZOMG, Lois!! I don't want a kid! I'll BRB!"

*Superman comes rushing back to do this years 10 years ago:*

linkfalconpunch.jpg

Last edited:
I liked the casting and story better.

He didn't time travel.

I did like how it still had the same atmosphere as the old ones.

The first Superman movie was alright, but destroyed everything in it when he turned back time.

I find it the others extremely dull, even when I was just a kid.

I think they should of rebooted the whole thing.

I think they should of rebooted the whole thing.

I 100% agree with this. Had it have been rebooted It would have been good.

Superman returns had it have been a reboot , better cast , less stupid moments , no kid , aware of the fact superman + Kryptonite = weak superman and had modern day heartless ruthless businessman Lex . It would have great.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back