The All About Comics Thread 4: Gemini Loves Crappy Variant Covers

Re: The All About Comics Thread 4: Mole Is Reading Watchmen?!

When is the new League of Extraordinary Gentlemen volume coming out? The one called "Century"? It sounds pretty awesome and takes place in the early 1900s, then in the '60s, and then in 2008, and centers around the Moonchild. The chapter 3 story, set in 2008, introduces a fictional country called Q'umar, which is at war (it's reminiscent of the Iraq situation). Interestingly, "qumar" is an Arabic word meaning "moon."

Q'umar is also the country in The West Wing. You might have to talk to DSF for more information on that though.

I believe the first part of Century comes out nearer the end of the year. There is preview art up on Entertainment Weekly and probably lots of other sites by now though. It should be good.

Early 2009 for the first issue, methinks.

It's being released in issues? I liked it better when you just bought the whole graphic novel, like Black Dossier.

Each issue will still be stand alone though as each issue is set within a certain time period, with an overarching plot going through the whole thing.

Each issue will still be stand alone though as each issue is set within a certain time period, with an overarching plot going through the whole thing.

But there's only three chapters, so there will only be 3 issues? They must be some pretty long issues.

Last edited:

But there's only three chapters, so there will only be 3 issues? They must be some pretty long issues.

Yeah, Moore said they were oversized. 72 pages, I believe.

so the three issues will add up to something as long as any of the previous volumes.

Ok.

I think Nemo's great-great-grandson will appear.

Mark Millar likes rhetorical questions. Note: NSWF ads may occasionally appear.

My favorite is, "Did you really imagine that you were the only one who could reconfigure your vibrational frequency to take a walk in the Dreamtime?"

Because, if you did imagine that you were the only one who could reconfigure your vibrational frequency to take a walk in the Dreamtime, then you're a total dip****.

So I started reading The Unfunnies for the first time ever... woah. Woah. :shock:

Speaking of Millar... Orson Welles on The Bat-Man

The Supergirl arc is what made me fall in love with Turner's art and Supergirl.

Cool, I've not read it yet but I read about some of the plot a while ago and thought it was a very interesting approach to it.

My favorite is, "Did you really imagine that you were the only one who could reconfigure your vibrational frequency to take a walk in the Dreamtime?"

Because, if you did imagine that you were the only one who could reconfigure your vibrational frequency to take a walk in the Dreamtime, then you're a total dip****.

Hell ya he is for thinking that.

Dip****.

Post your thoughts.

I loved Chapters 1-3 but the problem was chapter 4 pulled me right out of liking it and from that point honestly it was an ok read but it just felt so generic to me. Which is the main reason I didn't keep posting reviews as my thought was it was not bad all or good it was mediocre. But that might be cause I found hard to get back in to after it.

I know some people will disagree with that and you know what it's cool. I read it all which is what matters, I'll watch the movie but I will not be re-reading it as it's hard to explain more than what I wrote above but it was kind of like Civil war in terms of my reaction.

My reaction to civil war was great up until about half way through it then it was just reading it to complete it. I hope this makes sense.

I loved Chapters 1-3 but the problem was chapter 4 pulled me right out of liking it and from that point honestly it was an ok read but it just felt so generic to me.

Not surprising. Everything you've ever read has tried to be Watchmen in its own twisted way, especially in the last 5 or so years. When you read the original after the fact it makes it harder to enjoy.

Latest posts

Back