The All About Comics Thread 4: Gemini Loves Crappy Variant Covers

Civil War is the only Marvel event I've enjoyed, mainly for the aftermath and what it set up.

I thought Civil War was the weakest of them all.

While I think the idea was stupid, it was executed well and made me more interested in characters I previously had no interest in (Iron Man, Thunderbolts). I feel like all the other Marvel events have had good ideas but have just been boring or stupid. But I guess that's the nature of an event comic.

You clearly haven't read Annihilation then.

I tried the first issue and thought it was boring and then it became this massive, popular thing.

I'll read it eventually.

ProjectX2 said:
While I think the idea was stupid, it was executed well and made me more interested in characters I previously had no interest in (Iron Man, Thunderbolts). I feel like all the other Marvel events have had good ideas but have just been boring or stupid. But I guess that's the nature of an event comic.

Really? I felt the opposite. To me it seemed like an interesting premise with piss-poor execution.

I tried the first issue and thought it was boring and then it became this massive, popular thing.

I had the same problem, but I like Giffen and tog kept going on and on about it, so I checked it out and it rocked my socks off. It's, like, epic Starship Troopers gritty space marines in the Marvel U.

All events suck.

All of 'em.

*gasp!* Final! Crisis!

Really? I felt the opposite. To me it seemed like an interesting premise with piss-poor execution.

I had the same problem, but I like Giffen and tog kept going on and on about it, so I checked it out and it rocked my socks off. It's, like, epic Starship Troopers gritty space marines in the Marvel U.

*gasp!* Final! Crisis!

I felt Final Crisis was pretty bad when I was coming out. Now my nice, shiney, collected edition says otherwise, but as a monthly exercise it failed.

YA RLY

I don't care for the idea of superheroes being registered because it's kind of boring but I like the idea of Tony Stark being Director of SHIELD, Spider-Man unmasking (though that didn't turn out well), Captain America as a fugitive and the revamped Thunderbolts.

Latest posts

Back