The All About Dreamcasting Thread

Re: Dreamcasting 2009

When can I cast this guy as Dr. John A. Zoidberg?

zoidberg.jpg

What are you talking about?

He's the perfect Captain America.

Ok....I've sent ourchair a PM and gotten no response.

I know many people are clamoring for this to come back, and while I don't want to step on any toes or cancel out what ourchair is planning, I'm thinking a temporary dreamcasting game could be started up without any objections.

In honor of it's big-screen release, I'd basically start a new round with a HBO Miniseries Presents: Alan Moore's Watchmen (squid and all).

I don't want to start one without getting a decent count that no one could possibly resent. And when ourchair comes back----he takes over with his original idea.

Thoughts or concerns?

Ok....I've sent ourchair a PM and gotten no response.

I know many people are clamoring for this to come back, and while I don't want to step on any toes or cancel out what ourchair is planning, I'm thinking a temporary dreamcasting game could be started up without any objections.

In honor of it's big-screen release, I'd basically start a new round with a HBO Miniseries Presents: Alan Moore's Watchmen (squid and all).

I don't want to start one without getting a decent count that no one could possibly resent. And when ourchair comes back----he takes over with his original idea.

Thoughts or concerns?

I can dig it.

Is a watchmen one really the best one to do if it's to help resurrect it considering we already did a watchmen one in like a year or two ago and since ourchair is the one doing the rules of next one it'll be the same rules and pretty much be the same round all over again.

Sure the last one = Movie this = HBO Mini-series but considering who people cast and how they were going for people best for the characters anyway it'll be similar casting.

Not saying do not repeat a round but IMO the first one we do should be something 100% new to dreamcasting. Of course this is my opinion.

Maybe but I'm not really interested in casting Watchmen again... I prefer the rounds when you can craft your own story as well.

Also, when Dreamcasting comes back, I propose a rule that means you can not discuss what your next round would be. A couple of people won just because people liked what they were going to do next and I don't think this is very fair.

Also, when Dreamcasting comes back, I propose a rule that means you can not discuss what your next round would be. A couple of people won just because people liked what they were going to do next and I don't think this is very fair.

Agreed

I'd prefer if we went with more of a DreamMovie(/miniseries) approach too, but it's no biggie. For Watchmen, I've got enough non-cast details about style, scenes, music, etc. that I've wondered if it wouldn't be better to just make a seperate thread about it in Member Fiction designed for everybody to freely flesh out their own adaptation of Watchmen.

Maybe but I'm not really interested in casting Watchmen again... I prefer the rounds when you can craft your own story as well.

I agree with that. After someone wins should there be a way for everyone to have a say in the next round though. Like maybe the winner makes a list of possible rounds and then everyone can decide on the best one. That would guard against someone picking a round topic that no one gives a **** about.

Ok...I don't want this thing getting outta hand.

I was only suggesting an interim game because people were really excited about doing this again and I only suggested Watchmen because it's the hot topic right now (figuring by doing this property it's not taking anything away from possible properties we could use in the future).

I have no clue what ourchair plans to do when it comes to DreamMovie/Series and I didn't want to go that route either.

I also think that not discussing (...publically anyways) next round ideas is a great idea and deterent to "favor voting".

Sorry Doom if my post caused things to get out of hand. If it did I'll apologize as I was merely trying to voice my opinion on the subject. Again sorry If you think I tried to cause trouble or if it did cause any.

It's fine. I just wanna get dreamcasting again and the 2 properties I have are Fantastic Four and Watchmen.

I don't wanna do Fantastic Four without ourchair because they're his favorite and he's completely gay for Mr. Fantastic.

Latest posts

Back