The All About Dreamcasting Thread

Re: Dreamcasting 2009

I'm down. It give me a reason to start posting here some more again. Dibs on John Hamm as Silk Spectre!

It's fine. I just wanna get dreamcasting again and the 2 properties I have are Fantastic Four and Watchmen.

I don't wanna do Fantastic Four without ourchair because they're his favorite and he's completely gay for Mr. Fantastic.

It's cool dude, there was a lot of people interested in it so go for it with the hbo mini-series thread. It'll probably be fun for everyone especially now more people have read it (sure a lot had before but the movie did get some others reading including myself)

Did we ever do a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen round? That would be cool, since the movie sucked so bad.

Did we ever do a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen round? That would be cool, since the movie sucked so bad.

Not quite...

http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9121&highlight=league+extraordinary

It was a very cool premise, but I don't know if that would work for a dreamcasting round because of how large in scope it could get and the varying types of casts.

I've been waiting and hoping for ourchair to respond, but it seems he's on hiatus. So to avoid delaying this any further.....if nobody has any objections, I'd like to kick-off the first round this Saturday.

But to get maximum participation and to be fair about it---I'd like to get some general ideas for a first round and if most of the people seem to gravitate towards one project in particular, we'll go with that one.

In order to avoid confusion, this would be a straight forward dreamcast project. Not dreammovie or dreamproject or dreamwhatever. If you don't like it and don't care to play...then so be it. No hard feelings. But I wanna keep this simple (with the notion that ourchair will come back soon and pick up where he left off with his idea/vision for this).

So for example------if Iceshadow wants a Fables round, and Mole wants a Ultimate Spiderman round, but Zombipanda wants Invincible, and then I wants Dark Avengers, etc.....but a good majority of posters seem to like the Fables round----then that's the one I'll put together.

No big voting poll to be added or anything like that....just a general concensus. Although the idea of a mod adding an anonymous voting poll to the official project's thread at the cut-off date of all the round's participants is an intriguing idea. Gives people a real-time idea of who is winning the round so far and keeps the round's moderator's inbox clear.

So what say you good people?

No big voting poll to be added or anything like that....just a general concensus. Although the idea of a mod adding an anonymous voting poll to the official project's thread at the cut-off date of all the round's participants is an intriguing idea. Gives people a real-time idea of who is winning the round so far and keeps the round's moderator's inbox clear

I think the poll thing is a great idea and I am kind of surprised it hasn't been done before.
I kind of like the idea of Invincible

I say we start with the original. Superman, All-Star style perhaps since it finally ended.

I say we start with the original. Superman, All-Star style perhaps since it finally ended.

I missed the last dreamcasting round with him. I know I posted in it saying I was gonna do it.....but never did.

I do, however, have a Superman Birthright (which should be used for a Superman reboot) dreamcast assembled.

I too would rather do Watchmen, but it doesn't seem like everyone else does.

Whatever the people want.

Watchmen would be fine... really I am up for whatever

I am kind of ready to lay Watchmen to rest, and think Superman would lead to more interesting results.

But generally i just want Dreamcasting back.

I'm pretty much open to whatever. I am kind of tired of Watchmen talk for now. I would love a Spider-man round, but I'm ok with anything.

I wouldn't Mind a Superman round.

We could do a Superman Beyond round which includes Superman and Doc Manhattan and Captain Marvel for good measure!

Don't look at me like that.

So, this is just about picking the cast? No pitch or any of that?

Most people just do a cast though some add a pitch or summary of what the movie/TV show/whatever would be. I normally do because that's the stuff I prefer - the casting is just a side thing for me.

Sounds like a lot of you want Superman.

That's fine with me. I'll put together a round and include several key characters. I'll leave it up to you guys on whether or not you want to include a pitch with your respective casts.

This won't be a story specific Superman round. You can base your cast on an existing Superman story if you'd like (please let us know what story your referencing ex. -- Red Son, Birthright, Up Up and Away, Secret Identity, Man of Tomorrow, etc.).

Most people just do a cast though some add a pitch or summary of what the movie/TV show/whatever would be. I normally do because that's the stuff I prefer - the casting is just a side thing for me.

Yeah. I'm the same way.

Cool. I read this earlier and have already started on my cast :D. It's harder than I thought as Superman himself is damn hard to cast. Though I've picked someone I'm happy With.

Latest posts

Back