The All About Dreamcasting Thread

Re: Dreamcasting 2009

I'd like that X-men one :D could be fun.

Ok.

Well at least we've got some positive feedback on the first property. Glad to see people agree with it. Which, BTW, is turning out to be a lot harder to cast than I expected....especially if you don't just arbitrarily thrown in random CW/teen horror flick actors.

But what about the rules? Does anyone have any serious objections to those?

Ok.

Well at least we've got some positive feedback on the first property. Glad to see people agree with it. Which, BTW, is turning out to be a lot harder to cast than I expected....especially if you don't just arbitrarily thrown in random CW/teen horror flick actors.

But what about the rules? Does anyone have any serious objections to those?
No, I'm good.

Ok....bump one last time for anymore comments or concerns.

Otherwise the new round will start this weekend.

Are we coming up with the property pool before or after this round? Or has that already happened and I just missed it?

This is the new, reformed, semi-happy Doom.

I understand that happy facial expressions from me can be a bit scary since they aren't the norm.....but fear not, you are safe.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I bring you the new and improved Dreamcasting Game!

As mentioned before in previous Dreamcasting conversation, there are some new changes. The biggest change being the introduction of the Dreamcasting Property Pool. To get the game going, each member is allowed to submit 3 initial properties. Once the property is in the pool, it is open for all to use for regardless of whether they submitted it or not.

If a member wins the casting portion, then he/she gets to host the new round with a property taken from the pool. If a member wins the pitch portion, then he/she gets to add a new property to the pool. And if a member wins both portions, then he/she gets to host the new round AND add a property from the pool.

Another change is the conversion/inclusion of the All About Dreamcasting thread (the one you're reading now :p). In this thread we can have any kind of general conversations about dreamcasting without clogging up the random Dreamcasting threads.

Also in this thread, you can post random dreamcasts for properties that you think won't ever really get their own round (ex.—I think Luna Bros' Sword won't get a proper round due to lack of interest or readers….but I go ahead and make a cast anyways). Now should the property you dreamcasted ever get its own round, then you can take your entry you posted in this thread and post it in the round and now have it eligible.

The new rules (below) are a combination of the existing rules and the new rules.

The New Rules (which the mod must post in their first post of the new round they're hosting)

1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the next round, and is free to choose any property to be cast, whether it is based from comics, videogames, books, cartoons or real world figures. Round moderators may specify a specific medium (TV, film, cartoon, etc) and if he/she fail to specify a medium, then it is open game what medium participants want to play with.

2) When selecting a property for the round, moderators must select an ACTUAL property (ex.— Spider-Man, Mission Impossible, Thundercats, etc.). No generic rounds like "SuperGroup" (ex.— Doom chooses to make an Avengers cast and Ice does an X-Men cast and Bass does an Action Force cast). There needs to be an actual singular property.

3) Like last time---casts should consist of at least 4 characters and a maximum of 9. If you would like to cast an additional character, you must swap one out for another. However, the moderator has the option of leaving blank spots deliberately, with a maximum of 9 (ex.—for example, he or she may declare, Fantastic Four, and at least two bad guys and a Fantastic Friend (like She-Hulk, Power Man). Actors may not reprise their parts at all! Those who have played a character on film or TV may not play the character on voice and vice versa. Simply put, Kevin Conroy cannot put on a Batsuit and Christian Bale is not allowed to voices in your fantasy Batman CG adventure.

4) Once a new round is started---no posting casts for the first 24 hours.

5) When submitting an entry you must at least produce a cast. You can do a pitch if you want, but only a cast is required

6) Each round lasts ten days from the point the moderator posts it, and voting lasts for at least a day and any time past that needed to secure a victory. At the end of the round and voting begins, the mod will divide the submissions into 2 categories: Cast and Pitch. Cast winner wins the round and mods the next round. Pitch winners are allowed to add another property to the pool. When you vote, you must specify what the vote is for (ex.—I vote for Mole's cast and Bass' pitch…or I vote for Proj's cast and Proj's pitch).​

And like I said/did before, I'll post the initial round and then from there the winner can roll with the next round. Expect the new round posted within the next couple of hours.

So to start off the pool, I'm thinking everyone go ahead and suggest their property choices....and after a day or 2, I'll go ahead and make an all-inclusive post with the property choices. Then, as the pitch winners add a property, they can just post an all-inclusive post with their new property added and the last round's used property x'ed out or deleted or whatever.

are we looking for previously not dreamcast properties to add to the pool?

We each get 3 additions to the property pool, right? Well than mine are...

Runaways
The Immortal Iron Fist
Ex Machina

If any of these have already been done than tell me and I'll replace it.

Last edited:
My three Property Pool choices are
The Walking Dead
Spiderman
Back to the Future

Invincible
Batman: Knightfall
RoboCop

In the new 'Latest Posts' bar it looks like I said "Invincible Batman: Knightfall RoboCop" as if it were one entity.

This is now my one and only vote. Ladies and gentlemen, please create a dream-cast for "Invincible Batman: Knightfall RoboCop" (Aziz Ansari is the only choice for 'vincibat).

Nick Fury : Agent of Shield
Star Trek : Tne Next Generation
Powers

Altough, Invincible Batman: Knightfall RoboCop does sound too good to pass up.

Latest posts

Back