The All About Manga Thread

I think that One Piece wins this weeks round if for nothing else than Usopp and the story pacing.

Last edited:
Do you buy Shonen Jump? How often does it come out? How much is it? Is it in colour is it in black and white? How many pages does it have? How many stories are in it?

I am interested in trying it.

Currently reading Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ and Strawberry Panic!, would really like it if Seven Seas would release stuff faster.

Anyone else read The Drifting Classroom? Don't read this unless you're up to date on it, because you'll either be spoiled or have no idea what I'm talking about.

I really like Sho, the main character. He's totally sexist, but I like to think he'll grow out of that. He's the best leader I've ever seen portrayed in fiction. I could actually imagine people listening to him and understand why they would.

The adults all killing themselves and each other was way over the top. In, like, a day they're all crazy and one of them just manages to butcher everyone else?! WTF?!

Also... the story is very dark and realistic. I don't know whether they're going to be stuck where the school was teleported for very long, but I keep thinking... girls on the cusp of puberty... school with limited supplies of clothing, cloth and bandages and no water to spare to wash things... they're going to get a really nasty surprise in a year or two...

You kids and your crazy mangoo and cordless phones today. . .

And moving pictures about robots.

skotti-chan said:
Currently reading Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ and Strawberry Panic!, would really like it if Seven Seas would release stuff faster.

Do you if they are still releasing Blade for Barter?

Last edited:
Do you buy Shonen Jump? How often does it come out? How much is it? Is it in colour is it in black and white? How many pages does it have? How many stories are in it?

I am interested in trying it.
No. Once a week. Free. B&W. 18-20. 4-5.
Anyone else read The Drifting Classroom? Don't read this unless you're up to date on it, because you'll either be spoiled or have no idea what I'm talking about.

I really like Sho, the main character. He's totally sexist, but I like to think he'll grow out of that. He's the best leader I've ever seen portrayed in fiction. I could actually imagine people listening to him and understand why they would.

The adults all killing themselves and each other was way over the top. In, like, a day they're all crazy and one of them just manages to butcher everyone else?! WTF?!

Also... the story is very dark and realistic. I don't know whether they're going to be stuck where the school was teleported for very long, but I keep thinking... girls on the cusp of puberty... school with limited supplies of clothing, cloth and bandages and no water to spare to wash things... they're going to get a really nasty surprise in a year or two...
Sounds interesting.
And moving pictures about robots.
DAMN ROBOTS!!!

One Piece rocks my socks

I came up with a One Piece character recently, someone who wields a sword inside the sheath, and fought with it like that

One PIece characters are the nuts

Last edited:
I recently started on Eyeshield 21 here's a summery from onemanga:

Kobayakawa Sena is a freshman in highschool. Despite his previous decisions to change his life, he finds himself in the exactly same place he was in during elementary school and junior high: a push over and an errand boy. However, this changes when Hiruma, the most feared person in his school and president of the American Football Club, notices Sena and forces him to join the Football Team. Now Sena will become Eyeshield 21, a mysterious running back with lighting fast speed.

I'm enjoying it so far, but right now the team is gearing up to fight a Houston team (the Nasa High Aliens). I thought it was funny when the artist drew the city he drew way too many skyscrapers, and close together buildings (some of which had fire escapes on the facade).

:rockon: to McCheese, Iceshadow and Houde for the One Piece love. It's nice to see people getting into it. Also, keep an eye on the anime. It's getting redubbed by Funimation and the DVDs will be completely uncut and bilingual.

I recently started on Eyeshield 21 here's a summery from onemanga:

Kobayakawa Sena is a freshman in highschool. Despite his previous decisions to change his life, he finds himself in the exactly same place he was in during elementary school and junior high: a push over and an errand boy. However, this changes when Hiruma, the most feared person in his school and president of the American Football Club, notices Sena and forces him to join the Football Team. Now Sena will become Eyeshield 21, a mysterious running back with lighting fast speed.

I'm enjoying it so far, but right now the team is gearing up to fight a Houston team (the Nasa High Aliens). I thought it was funny when the artist drew the city he drew way too many skyscrapers, and close together buildings (some of which had fire escapes on the facade).

I've been thinking of getting into Eyeshield. Maybe when I have more money. In other news, I picked up the newest Naruto and Shaman King volumes (The Viz ones) and the first Death Note volume. I'm also considering picking up Bleach, although the negativity you guys are spewing make me want to avoid it. . .

Last edited:
I've been thinking of getting into Eyeshield. Maybe when I have more money. In other news, I picked up the newest Naruto and Shaman King volumes (The Viz ones) and the first Death Note volume. I'm also considering picking up Bleach, although the negativity you guys are spewing make me want to avoid it. . .

Go to www.onemanga.com so you can read the first couple volumes of Bleach and Eyeshield 21 for free so you don't have to worry about buying them.

:rockon: to McCheese, Iceshadow and Houde for the One Piece love. It's nice to see people getting into it. Also, keep an eye on the anime. It's getting redubbed by Funimation and the DVDs will be completely uncut and bilingual.
There is a funny series of videos called the One Piece: Worst 4Kids Dub Moments. 10 videos explaining why the 4kids English dubs were so bad. Unfortunately, even with Funimation taking over there will still be editing to the episodes that air on tv, but the nicotine lollipop, the Marine Squirt Gun Core, the awful, AWFUL puns, and other ridiculous edits will be a thing of the past.
I have little to no interest in the Japanese take on American Football. Hell, I wouldn't read an American comic about football. And for the record Bleach is good until the go to Hueco Mundo (the most recent arc).

Go to www.onemanga.com so you can read the first couple volumes of Bleach and Eyeshield 21 for free so you don't have to worry about buying them.

Sir. . .you are amazing. Thank you!

There is a funny series of videos called the One Piece: Worst 4Kids Dub Moments. 10 videos explaining why the 4kids English dubs were so bad. Unfortunately, even with Funimation taking over there will still be editing to the episodes that air on tv, but the nicotine lollipop, the Marine Squirt Gun Core, the awful, AWFUL puns, and other ridiculous edits will be a thing of the past.

True enough. But, hey, just having uncut, bilingual DVDs is good enough for me. I'm really curious how it's going to turn out. . .

I have little to no interest in the Japanese take on American Football. Hell, I wouldn't read an American comic about football. And for the record Bleach is good until the go to Hueco Mundo (the most recent arc).

I suppose it is a taste thing with Eyeshield. I'll read a few chapters and see if it's my cup of tea. And I'll check out Bleach as well.

Last edited:

Will Major Smoker get to smoke three cigars at once?

Lynx said:
Sir. . .you are amazing. Thank you!

Actually McCheese showed me that site so he deserves thanks.

Last edited:
True enough. But, hey, just having uncut, bilingual DVDs is good enough for me. I'm really curious how it's going to turn out. . .
I don't buy stuff. I gets it for free, which means I'll be watching the edited version on tv.

Personally I'm psyched to see Sanji without the ridiculous accent.
I suppose it is a taste thing with Eyeshield. I'll read a few chapters and see if it's my cup of tea. And I'll check out Bleach as well.
And you can do that because it's FREE. See the glorious wonderfulness of free crap?
I credited you in my edit just now! I ain't no thief!
Ok.

I guess.

Thief.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back