The All About Manga Thread

If you find a link for it, PM it to me

BOO TO THE ****ING YA!

In other news I started a new manga called Mirai Nikki
High school 2nd year, Amano Yukiteru, is a boy who has problem making friends. He thinks of himself as a bystander and will always write down everything he sees in a cell phone diary. Tormented by solitude, Yukiteru began to imagine things like a friend called Deus X Makina who is apparently the Lord of Time & Space. Seeing Yukiteru's miserable state, Deus gives him a new ability. His diary will now record events that will happen in the near future. Yukiteru is then forced to participate in a game which the winner will become Deus's successor.

This is a basic review of the first chapter, and doesn't do the whole thing justice. Essentially, there are twelve participants with future diaries and they have to kill each other until one is left. However the most interesting character is a girl called Yuno who is the 2nd diary holder, Yukiteru's stalker, and completely, utterly, bat-**** insane girl, who has no problems with killing people that get in the way of her "love".
The only problem with this so far is that the author leaves a glaring plot point unanswered for a long time, it really bugged me. However the rest of the story is usually fairly suspenseful and compelling.

I'd give it a solid B+.

Well there was no Jump last week and I've been having some computer issues of late so for the first time in two weeks here's...

McCheese's Jump Manga Review​
Warning: These two weeks away from the UC has made me bitter and let's face it, crazy. The reviews will reflect this.

Bleach - FAUX PLOT DEVELOPMENT!!! I said it. It's out there. Mother****ers tricked us with two plots that seemed new, but aren't. You thought Ichigo's ridiculous fight with Grimmjow was over? NO!!! They've replaced Grimmjow with some jackass with a huge stupid looking weapon. Same fighting, new annoying villain. Thanks for nothing. Prepare yourself for another 10-15 issues of dialogueless fighting with bad art. Meanwhile Renji and Ishida are running away from the evil room of extreme eviltude, but end up right back in there with the bad guy they just fought waiting for them. So no plot development there.

1/10 Vaguely Scythish Thingies

Naruto - Itachi talks with Naruto. Who still sucks as a ninja because it takes all of five seconds for Itachi to get him in a genjutsu. Itachi says he just wants to talk. Here's the jist of this convo.

Itachi: I want to talk to you.

Naruto: Lalalala! I can't hear you!

Itachi: No, seriously...

Naruto: Lalalalalalalalalalala!

Itachi: Oh come on...

Naruto: :razz:

Itachi: :arrgh: ... I gotta go.

Naruto: Hey where are you going? I thought we were talking! What a jerk!!!

Big ending is as follows. Itachi leaves Naruto and meets up with Sasuke. Despite growing up with him, having searched for him for a large chunk of his life, and possessing two of the most powerful and observant eyes on the planet, Sasuke needs Itachi to introduce himself. Not the best writing here.

6/10 Blind Sasukes

One piece - Did the guy who writes Bleach take over this for the week? Nothing happens here except two guys swing swords at each other, speaking only to shout the names of their attacks, and having onlookers provide narration to something that doesn't really need it. Very Bleachish issue, right down to the score I'm giving it.

4/10 New Swords

Last edited:
One piece - Did the guy who writes Bleach take over this for the week? Nothing happens here except two guys swing swords at each other, speaking only to shout the names of their attacks, and having onlookers provide narration to something that doesn't really need it. Very Bleachish issue, right down to the score I'm giving it.

4/10 New Swords

Meh, all of Zoro's fights are like that, so rather that chapter just went through the motions. As for the rest pretty spot on, except I would have Naruto a 4 too. I mean I wanted to hear what Itachi had to say, so ****ing listen Naruto, we get it you're impulsive.

Meh, all of Zoro's fights are like that, so rather that chapter just went through the motions.
Pretty much, but after weeks and weeks of *****ing about Bleach and saying "Why can't it be more like One Piece?" I found the issue to be very disappointing.
As for the rest pretty spot on, except I would have Naruto a 4 too. I mean I wanted to hear what Itachi had to say, so ****ing listen Naruto, we get it you're impulsive.
I completely agree about Naruto, but I gave it a couple of extra points because I'm way more jazzed about Itachi vs Sasuke then I was with Itachi vs Naruto. It should be a much more entertaining fight, assuming they actually do fight and Itachi doesn't pull another disappearing act. Plus the possible end to Sasuke's eternal emo plotline fills me with an almost indescribable feeling of joy.

Finally picked up the last three volumes of Gravitation.

I do think I'll reread the whole series before checking them out, though.

I completely agree about Naruto, but I gave it a couple of extra points because I'm way more jazzed about Itachi vs Sasuke then I was with Itachi vs Naruto. It should be a much more entertaining fight, assuming they actually do fight and Itachi doesn't pull another disappearing act. Plus the possible end to Sasuke's eternal emo plotline fills me with an almost indescribable feeling of joy.

I'll be happy if that fight isn't 10 pages of "I in ur mindz!", "Surprise! Now I in ur mindz!"

Well, I'm sure it will be an entertaining fight none the less.

What we really need is an All About Manganese thread. It's an essential trace nutrient in all forms of life!

Nitrogen is way better.

So did Bleach start going downhill towards the middle of the Soul Society arc, or is it just me? The arc was good and all, but not ten volumes of good. It should've been shorter and more to the point, maybe had a few less soul reapers to introduce. The 20th volume just came out in America--does it keep going downhill from here?

So did Bleach start going downhill towards the middle of the Soul Society arc, or is it just me? The arc was good and all, but not ten volumes of good. It should've been shorter and more to the point, maybe had a few less soul reapers to introduce. The 20th volume just came out in America--does it keep going downhill from here?

Personally, I liked the arc after Soul Society a lot. Though I can't attest to how well it's paced because I read the whole thing at once.
It's the arc after this that McCheese and I are less than thrilled with.

Last edited:
It just kept going on and on and on. I thought it was never gonna end, and when it did, it was really abrupt and out of nowhere.

:D
I personally liked the twist at the end, even though like you said it blindsides you. I think that you could like the next arc where there is more character development.

:D
I personally liked the twist at the end, even though like you said it blindsides you. I think that you could like the next arc where there is more character development.

Yeah, I liked the twist too, but there was too much buildup. If there had been a couple volumes less, there would've been enough buildup for the abrupt end to be a shock. But with ten volumes of them in the Soul Society and two volumes training for it, I felt like we were owed one of hell of a climax, and that didn't happen.

Yeah, I liked the twist too, but there was too much buildup. If there had been a couple volumes less, there would've been enough buildup for the abrupt end to be a shock. But with ten volumes of them in the Soul Society and two volumes training for it, I felt like we were owed one of hell of a climax, and that didn't happen.

True enough, but how come you don't read the chapters online for free first?

I'll be happy if that fight isn't 10 pages of "I in ur mindz!", "Surprise! Now I in ur mindz!"
See, I still want to see dialogue like that in a manga.
I loved the Soul Society Arc. But that's probably because my favorite character is Ichimaru and the underlying plot of everyone suspecting him plays throughout the whole thing.
It's the arc after this that McCheese and I are less than thrilled with.
Hueco Mundo = **** story, bad pacing, and a near complete lack of dialogue.
She doesn't like reading things online
Freak.

I think the One Piece fight was to show something you missed McCheese. I haven't read it yet, don't know where to find it, but I think you missed something

I think the One Piece fight was to show something you missed McCheese. I haven't read it yet, don't know where to find it, but I think you missed something
I missed nothing! NOTHING!!!

Also, onemanga.com has a whole lot of free manga and the usually get the new stuff up fairly quickly. That's where I get my manga fix.

Latest posts

Back