The All About Manga Thread

Another new Vinland Saga is out and it's official, I ****ing hate emo Thorfinn. I ****ing hate him and his little slave buddy with every fiber of my being. If he doesn't wake the **** up and quit being a moody little ***** in the next few issues I'm going to stop reading what was once my favorite manga.

I'm confident he'll snap out of it when he joins whatever group or army he'll join next. And he's been a moody little ***** ever since his retardation got his dad killed. I think he's only now coming to terms with the fact that he has been an idiot all his life.

I hardly think that's going to kill him.

It could also be the way he gets serious for all we know.

I dont know. This guy is friggin' ancient. He has to die at some point, so why not during the most epic struggle his world has ever seen?
Still, this is One Piece, so he might end up joining the straw hat crew.

Out of curiousity, I flipped through Rosario Tu Vampire.

I've changed my mind. It's not total crap. Just mediocre.

The series does get better by becoming more serious and having darker and more complex stories. The characters still aren't great, but they develop beyond being one note. The one note of "get in Tsunke's pants" is still really loud though. And the stories, while predicatable, do have a certain charm to them. Or maybe that's just the fanservice.

One thing that really bugs me about this series is it's adherence to the Monster of the Week format. No wait, not that, but the problems that come from it. Such a format works fine in Buffy or Smallville storywise, as the incidents are isolated and can be written off as commonplace by the Muggles. But in the setting of Rosario, all the students and teachers that go crazy and go to a school specifically designed to curb that sort of behavior and let monsters live in human society. Everyone knows about the crap the antagonists of the week get up to, and none of them ever think "hey, if people keep monstering out at a school teaching against that, maybe we should do something or file a complaint to the board." It's not a hard question to answer, like say "the school is a really new idea, and only a few monsters that go there have really gotten behind what it's saying." And it could make for a good story of the edgy kind that the comic seems so fond of now. But it's never adressed. It's a odd thing, but it stretches my suspension of disbelief too much.

Being a fan of Negima, I can't say that a harem-minded action adventure manga is trash by default. So I'll just say it's too subpar for me to continue reading and move on.

Version II doesn't get much better, though the Wolfman and the Martial Artist dude are being developed, and as a twist, he's being pursued by a man now.

But it's still fanservice.

I'm confident he'll snap out of it when he joins whatever group or army he'll join next. And he's been a moody little ***** ever since his retardation got his dad killed. I think he's only now coming to terms with the fact that he has been an idiot all his life.

I dont know. This guy is friggin' ancient. He has to die at some point, so why not during the most epic struggle his world has ever seen?
Still, this is One Piece, so he might end up joining the straw hat crew.

While I think he's too overpowered to join the Straw Hats, I could definately see him dying. The guy's already a martyr in the world's eyes by this point.

Version II doesn't get much better, though the Wolfman and the Martial Artist dude are being developed, and as a twist, he's being pursued by a man now.

But it's still fanservice.

Which is why I like Negima so much. It takes it a while to grow past it, but it becomes a genuine story underneath all the fanservice.

Plus, everything makes sense and the main character's ten years old, which helps all the girls have personality beyond getting in his pants.

So I started reading this one called Billy Bat.

It starts off as a bunch of humans with animal heads, and becomes a mystery set in 1949 Japan about Bat icons.

Tis weird.

So in Air Gear it turns out that one of the girls is still mind switched with Barack Obama...and then the mechanic chicks run around in their "Empowered" style body suits. This manga is so weird.

New Bleach is out and man-o-man did
Tosen
go down like a *****.

I thought it was a clever and fitting end to the fight, but it kinda bugs me that anyone else in the manga would have
sensed/seen Hisagi coming and blocked/dodged him

I thought it was a clever and fitting end to the fight, but it kinda bugs me that anyone else in the manga would have
sensed/seen Hisagi coming and blocked/dodged him
That's what I'm saying. He went from one of the three most powerful baddies shown yet to the only chump in the whole series who'd get taken out by a sneak attack like that.

I don't mind that he got taken out by an Lt. (especially his former Lt. since there's a nice symmetry to it), but he showed his most powerful form and died in the same chapter from a weaksauce sneak attack.

That's what I'm saying. He went from one of the three most powerful baddies shown yet to the only chump in the whole series who'd get taken out by a sneak attack like that.

I don't mind that he got taken out by an Lt. (especially his former Lt. since there's a nice symmetry to it), but he showed his most powerful form and died in the same chapter from a weaksauce sneak attack.

It's because he's black.

Latest posts

Back