The All About Manga Thread

The new chapter of FMA is out.

Just when I thought I couldn't love this series anymore than I already do
mother****in' Kimblee, of all ****ing people, saves Ed from beyond the grave!

His reason for doing so was the best part.

That was awesome, also it was good timing since last night the subbed episode of FMA:B where he dies was on.

Brand new series that just became available called Tokyo ESP/ its very interesting 1st issue and clean art too.

Urushiba Rinka was a fairly normal high school girl, though she was a bit poor and her only family was her father. Then one day, she saw a penguin and some glowing fish swimming through the sky. Rinka might have thought it was a hallucination if there hadn't been another witness with her, a boy from her school with a strangely scratched-up face.

Contact with a fish caused her to pass out, and when she awoke, she had developed the power to move through inanimate objects... such as the floor of her apartment! Later, a call from her father showed her that she was not the only one the flying fish bestowed with hard-to-control superpowers! What exactly is going on here? And does Rinka's classmate know more about this situation than he's letting on?

It's by the same guy who did Ga-Rei, pretty good first chapter too.

After reading ESP, I checked out Ga-Rei......and WOW, its amazing. Some of the translations get a little weird but the story moves beautifully forward and you get to learn a little about each main character The art is amazing when they draw those elaborate creatures.

:( too bad its almost at its end, one or two more chapters left.

I rather like that he told his story and was done with it, I prefer it when there is a planned ending. But if you want more Ga-Rei, then check out the 12 episode anime prequel Ga-Rei: Zero, it was pretty good.

I saw a little bit of the prequel Anime it looked pretty good. Theirs not much more you can do than world wide destruction is there?

I finally caught up on Soul Eater.

I love how completely insane it is.

I couldn't get into Soul Eater. I've gotten a little tired of "insanity" in manga. By that, of course, I mean the sort of quirkiness contingent with, say, One Piece. It seems very superficial and deliberate to me, that particular sort of unimaginative eccentric coating that is obviously just glazed over an otherwise-by-the-numbers story in an attempt to make it marketable.

I couldn't get into Soul Eater. I've gotten a little tired of "insanity" in manga. By that, of course, I mean the sort of quirkiness contingent with, say, One Piece. It seems very superficial and deliberate to me, that particular sort of unimaginative eccentric coating that is obviously just glazed over an otherwise-by-the-numbers story in an attempt to make it marketable.

Fair enough. I confess, it's not the best manga I've read. But the art is fantastic, and unlike some of the really popular shonen, it hasn't disappointed me.

Hitman Reborn has stepped up its game a little bit. the entire way that the Shimon family has been introduced has been amazing. and the revelations this week were even more amazing. After this arc is done i hope they do a like a 2 year jump into the future.

I didn't mid the future arc tooo much, the fillers with the Anime were just plain stupid. If your whole reason to fight is so you can go back to the past, then why are you able to go back and forth? however, the best part of the future arc is coming up with the massive royal rumble.

Latest posts

Back