The Apple Products Thread

I was going to buy this for hibiki and the apple person said they can only sell to at&t customers.

You mean non-AT&T customers? That's how it's been going...they are only selling to new customers and telling existing customers they can "prepay" and pick up their phone when more come in.

I got an iTouch for Christmas.

I couldn't really get excited over it.

I gave it to my brother after cleaning out my room. This month.

Is there something wrong with me?

I got an iTouch for Christmas.

I couldn't really get excited over it.

I gave it to my brother after cleaning out my room. This month.

Is there something wrong with me?

Show us where the iTouch touched you.

Big question:

I'm apparently on 1.1.4 and when I restore it automatically tries to update me to 1.1.5. I'm under the impression that updating a jailbroken iPod before it's been restored might brick it but it's trying to download 1.1.5. before it starts restoring.

Yeah, never mind about that.

I found out how to restore while keeping the same firmware. I restored but then I had to download the new version of iTunes in order to get 2.0 and my computer went silly for a second and I had to restart it. My computer is running out of memory, apparently, so I had to delete a bunch of random programs. Now I'm FINALLY downloading 2.0.

It's gonna be a ***** to have to re-sync my iPod again when this is all done.

Yeah, never mind about that.

I found out how to restore while keeping the same firmware. I restored but then I had to download the new version of iTunes in order to get 2.0 and my computer went silly for a second and I had to restart it. My computer is running out of memory, apparently, so I had to delete a bunch of random programs. Now I'm FINALLY downloading 2.0.

It's gonna be a ***** to have to re-sync my iPod again when this is all done.

What sucks... is the length of time it takes, just be patient with it, it's gonna take a while.

I was just about to ask if it's supposed to be taking this long. It says it's preparing to restore. I went to the bathroom, looked for something in my room and came back in about five minutes and it's still preparing to restore.

I'm just relieved to know that it's supposed to be doing that.

EDIT: Aaand, it's done. Actually didn't take too long. I think it's because I hadn't re-synced it yet. I'm doing that now. 1209 files. ****.

After that, I'll check out the apps.

Last edited:
Synced and ready to go.

I downloaded a bunch of free apps to get started: AIM, Twitter, Mobile News Network, Tap Tap Revenge, Weatherbug. I got Pandora Radio and the Last.fm app. I'm aware that the Last.fm app doesn't scrobble from your iPod but I'll see what it's like and compare it to Pandora. (Which is clearly the more popular of the two.)

I also downloaded some kind of Dark Knight Joker themed app. I have no idea what it does.

Synced and ready to go.

I downloaded a bunch of free apps to get started: AIM, Twitter, Mobile News Network, Tap Tap Revenge, Weatherbug. I got Pandora Radio and the Last.fm app. I'm aware that the Last.fm app doesn't scrobble from your iPod but I'll see what it's like and compare it to Pandora. (Which is clearly the more popular of the two.)

I also downloaded some kind of Dark Knight Joker themed app. I have no idea what it does.

The Joker one is called Haha and it looks stupid; all it does is paint stuff on a wall. It wouldn't work for me at all.

And a Last.fm app?! I didn't see that. I hope they update it to make it scrobble - I know that due to Apple's restrictions it can't scrobble in the background but there's no reason why they can't have a button so that the user can scrobble manually.

I haven't used the Pandora radio app but the AOL Radio app is really good.

Reviewing the apps:

AIM - I don't use it much currently, but who knows, perhaps having I'll start to, considering the easy access now.

Twitteriffic - Not entirely necessary, since you can access Twitter via Safari but it's quicker.

Mobile News Network - Cool. There's a lot of different categories and even a search function. And news videos.

WeatherBug - Simple, but pretty useful and necessary.

Tetris - Yeah, I got it. 10$ is still ****ing ridiculous, but it's decent. I was pissed at first because the game has it's own music and cuts out whatever you're listening to, and as I mentioned before, Tetris is often what I do when I listen to music. Thankfully, you can turn the sound off and listen to music while you're playing. It takes a long time to load and the controls are clunky as hell, (I'm still confused as to how regular people can make such a smooth and easy to use Tetris game and the company that actually makes the game makes the controls so messed up.) but I'm just glad to still have some iteration of it.

JirboBreak - A block breaking game. Fun at first, but I can't make it past the fifth or sixth level.

Tap Tap Revenge - LAME. You can't use your own tracks anymore. You have to select from like, 4 ****ty no-name techno songs. I'll be deleting it soon.

PhoneSaber - Entertaining for a minute or two, but it's about as pointless as you'd think.
The Joker one is called Haha and it looks stupid; all it does is paint stuff on a wall. It wouldn't work for me at all.
You can "Jokerize" photos with it. As far as I know you can't save them though.

I Jokerized Thom Yorke. That's about the most I got out of it.
And a Last.fm app?! I didn't see that. I hope they update it to make it scrobble - I know that due to Apple's restrictions it can't scrobble in the background but there's no reason why they can't have a button so that the user can scrobble manually.

I haven't used the Pandora radio app but the AOL Radio app is really good.
Yeah, I think I'll be getting rid of the Last.fm app. It's pretty useless. It's just the typical radio stations from the site (Recommendations, Neighbors.) and charts.

You actually need an account to use Pandora, so I set one up today, but I couldn't get it to work. I got it to work eventually. It's kind of dumb. You enter in an artist that you like and then they start playing similar artists.

I got the AOL Radio one and it does indeed kick ***. It's been a while since I listened to AOL Radio but it's actually quite good. A wide range of choices and it's well-layed out. Definitely the preferred choice. (And they have a Radiohead station!)

Thanks to AOL Radio and Pandora, I'm already finding new music. Great. Just as I've got no iPod space and my computer's disk space is running low. I need to stop downloading music.

Twitteriffic - Not entirely necessary, since you can access Twitter via Safari but it's quicker.

For the Touch, yes, but it's awesome for the iPhone because not only is it faster and the interface is nicer, but there are more options than the web interface and you can take photos and upload them right from inside the program.

The only app I've spent $10 for was EA's Sudoku, because it is awesome.

There is a word cool game called Muddle that is really good an di think that was only $3-4.

Look up Moonlight Majong Lite - it is amazing.

You can "Jokerize" photos with it. As far as I know you can't save them though.

You can do screen captures on the new firmware (for the iPhone; I'm assuming the Touch as well) by holding the Home button and pressing the Sleep button.

You mean non-AT&T customers? That's how it's been going...they are only selling to new customers and telling existing customers they can "prepay" and pick up their phone when more come in.

Well, it's just what the Apple store guy told me once I told him I had t-mobile. But he did say if I signed up for at&t right at that moment, he could sell to me.

Well, it's just what the Apple store guy told me once I told him I had t-mobile. But he did say if I signed up for at&t right at that moment, he could sell to me.

He shouldn't have been able to sell it to you at all unless you signed up for AT&T right then and there.

For the Touch, yes, but it's awesome for the iPhone because not only is it faster and the interface is nicer, but there are more options than the web interface and you can take photos and upload them right from inside the program.
Yeah, you can do all that on the iPod too.

That's how I was posting those drawings last night. I downloaded a free drawing app that let's you save your drawings. Then I sent them from my iPod.
You can do screen captures on the new firmware (for the iPhone; I'm assuming the Touch as well) by holding the Home button and pressing the Sleep button.
I figured that out last night, as well as how to save pictures. It's pretty cool.

Hello UC people, I know it's been a while since I've been on here but here I am. TADA! Anywho, I've got a dilemma that I'm hoping someone on here can help me with. I really want the new i phone or any iphone at this point, but the problem is that I do not have AT&T as a phone serive provider. I was going to get a jailbroken one from one of my friends but she then told me that If I went and got it unlocked it would pretty much turn my phone into a fancy paper weight. Can anyone explain the process of the unlocking thing or even what the &^%$ jailbroken means. Thanks guys.

:shifty:

Okay, this is really weird. About two hours ago I tried to use Safari on my iPod touch and nothing came up. It just kept trying to load the page but never did. I had a wi-fi signal but I just assumed that our internet had gone out, as it has done in the past from time time to time. But I'm on our computer right now and the internet's working fine. Here's the really weird part: All my apps (iTunes, the Appstore, mail, Twitter, news, radio, etc.) are all connecting fine, it's just Safari that won't connect.

What the hell happened?

EDIT: I just restarted it and it's working fine.

Well, I certainly feel like a dumbass now.

Last edited:
Okay, this is really weird. About two hours ago I tried to use Safari on my iPod touch and nothing came up. It just kept trying to load the page but never did. I had a wi-fi signal but I just assumed that our internet had gone out, as it has done in the past from time time to time. But I'm on our computer right now and the internet's working fine. Here's the really weird part: All my apps (iTunes, the Appstore, mail, Twitter, news, radio, etc.) are all connecting fine, it's just Safari that won't connect.

What the hell happened?

EDIT: I just restarted it and it's working fine.

Well, I certainly feel like a dumbass now.

When in doubt, reboot.

2.0 firmware is EXTREMELY buggy and is prone to behavior like this.

When in doubt, reboot.

2.0 firmware is EXTREMELY buggy and is prone to behavior like this.

they're saying 2.01 in a couple weeks, and 2.1 by september

Latest posts

Back