The Apple Products Thread

Funny thing happened yesterday.

It was about 8:00 am and I was playing around with my iPod and I noticed a little light-colored dot in the upper-left hand corner above the screen, beneath the glass. (You can only see it in very particular light. I was sitting next to the window as the sun was coming up.) I mildly panicked, under the impression that this was some kind of problem with the thing, since I'd never noticed it before.

The Googles just informed that it's just the light sensor for the auto-brightness.

I am teh stoopid.

I think you were lying about it the whole time. :?
Yes. I was lying about something not working a month ago. You CAUGHT ME!!!!!ZOMGWHATDOIDONOWAMIGOINGTOPRISON?!?!?! :shock:

Wait, did you really think I was lying?

Last edited:
Yes. I was lying about something not working a month ago. You CAUGHT ME!!!!!ZOMGWHATDOIDONOWAMIGOINGTOPRISON?!?!?! :shock:

Wait, did you really think I was lying?

Franken_Lies_Lying_Liars_1.jpg

Hey, I wrote half of that book!

I mean....pfft...I said nothing.

Anyways, question time:

Podcasts on the iPod are put from new to old (date wise, of course)- so is there any way to make it go the other way around? On iTunes, I tried this by having it go from old to new, but on the iPod it wouldn't change. And when I havent seen some in a few days, I'd like to see the video in order.

And no, I can't just go from the old one first then go back to the new one since the video is contanious (sp?). Whichever you click on, it will keep going to the next video without stopping.

Question, If I get an I-pod or I-phone do I have to use I-tunes to get mp3s or can I use mp3s and videoes I already have on my pc?

you can use the ones you have on your PC by importing them to iTunes and then putting them on your iPod (may need to convert file type). but no, you don't need to repurchase in the iTunes store.

you can use the ones you have on your PC by importing them to iTunes and then putting them on your iPod (may need to convert file type). but no, you don't need to repurchase in the iTunes store.

And does it matter that they are not legally purchased mp3s? Do they keep track of that?

And does it matter that they are not legally purchased mp3s? Do they keep track of that?

Nope. An MP3 is an MP3 - they have no way of knowing if you ripped it yourself, from a friend, or downloaded it.

Nope. An MP3 is an MP3 - they have no way of knowing if you ripped it yourself, from a friend, or downloaded it.

Cool thanks. I wasn't sure how I-tunes worked. I thought they would track every song you upload.

Cool thanks. I wasn't sure how I-tunes worked. I thought they would track every song you upload.

When you hyphenate it like that you remind me of T. Herman Zweibel.

You aren't uploading anything. Everything is local and there is no communication with Apple or anyone else when you do so, except if you have it search for album art. And even then that's all it's doing.

When you hyphenate it like that you remind me of T. Herman Zweibel.

You aren't uploading anything. Everything is local and there is no communication with Apple or anyone else when you do so, except if you have it search for album art. And even then that's all it's doing.

:lol: I thought it was meant to be hyphenated.

But cool thanks for explaining it dude. The reason I didn't get an Ipod is I thought Itunes was the only way of getting music and it was a web based thing not a program on your pc.

Though I should have known it wasn't. I normally get pissed when install quicktime on anything and itunes is forced is with it. But cool. Yeah was looking as i'm thinking of getting an Ipod shuffle or an Iphone when the new one comes out as pay as you go (I prefer pay as you go for mobiles)

:lol: I thought it was meant to be hyphenated.

But cool thanks for explaining it dude. The reason I didn't get an Ipod is I thought Itunes was the only way of getting music and it was a web based thing not a program on your pc.

Though I should have known it wasn't. I normally get pissed when install quicktime on anything and itunes is forced is with it. But cool. Yeah was looking as i'm thinking of getting an Ipod shuffle or an Iphone when the new one comes out as pay as you go (I prefer pay as you go for mobiles)
Apple really needs to do something about that.

Seriously.

I've been doing a lot of marketing and research papers about iPod and Apple for work lately, and one thing I keep encountering is a lot of people who don't realize that you can put music OTHER than what you download from the iTunes Music Store into your iPod.

And I'm talking not just of people who are considering buying an iPod but people who own iPods themselves. And when I point this out to people in everyday conversation, their first question is, "But won't you break it? Isn't that illegal?"

(This also gets me into a whole deal I have about people's relationship to consumer electronics and their assumptions that corporations try to regulate them in places where they actually aren't being regulated in the first place, but that's a whole nother post to be made.)

Seriously.

I've been doing a lot of marketing and research papers about iPod and Apple for work lately, and one thing I keep encountering is a lot of people who don't realize that you can put music OTHER than what you download from the iTunes Music Store into your iPod.

And I'm talking not just of people who are considering buying an iPod but people who own iPods themselves. And when I point this out to people in everyday conversation, their first question is, "But won't you break it? Isn't that illegal?"

(This also gets me into a whole deal I have about people's relationship to consumer electronics and their assumptions that corporations try to regulate them in places where they actually aren't being regulated in the first place, but that's a whole nother post to be made.)

I totally agree

As I was the first Apple adopter in my family group, I get those kinda questions and comments all the time. My uncle just got a MacBook Air, and when I explained he could install windows on it, so he could dump his craptastic Dell. He thought I was going to hack it, and void the warranty, so I had to explain Boot Camp and everything, and even then, he thought it was going to only be Windows on his MBA, and I'd be erasing OSX.

Seriously.

I can honestly say that as a teenager with a reasonable grasp of pop culture and technology that I wasn't at all sure that I would be able to play non-iTunes music on my iPod. I had to look it up online to make sure.

I think my sister even tried to tell me that you couldn't once, in an attempt to discourage me from getting an iPod when I said I wanted one.

Sure, old man!!

Why don't you also copy your like, ancient terracotta vases with sound recorded into the grooves like on that one episode of the X-Files, old man!!

Latest posts

Back