The Apple Products Thread

After reading these I'm glad I was not the only one who didn't know how itunes worked..

I didn't have any reason to use iTunes until I got an iPod.

None of the songs on iTunes or my iPod are from the iTunes Store.

I restored (unjailbroke) my iPhone and upgraded to firmware 2.0, and it was totally worth it. The apps are much better and many are free. I would like ot have the Last.fm and Sirius apps but I can live without.

I restored (unjailbroke) my iPhone and upgraded to firmware 2.0, and it was totally worth it. The apps are much better and many are free. I would like ot have the Last.fm and Sirius apps but I can live without.

Since I live in an Edge network area only, I decided I'm going to stick with my first gen iPhone. I'm currently playing with some of the apps I downloaded. Remote and AIM are awesome.

I'm assuming the update is for the Touch as well, right?

Honestly, there's only one app that I'm going to hate having to go without if I can't find an official equivalent: Tetris. Seriously. It's the only app I really use other than summerboard. I'm too fidgety to just sit and listen to something, but there's not much else that you can do that won't just distract you too much from the music, if you're listening to an album for the first time or something. Having a simple and mildly challenging game to play while I listen to music was great. Plus, I got damn good at it. (28,000 points mother****er!)

I'll be apprehensive about updating until I can find something that seems to be a suitable replacement for my beloved Tetris.

EDIT: EA is going to putting up the official Tetris app tomorrow. :) Along with Scrabble! :rockon: My decision has been made.

EDIT 2: Tetris is $10. What the ****? :?

Last edited:
I'm assuming the update is for the Touch as well, right?

Honestly, there's only one app that I'm going to hate having to go without if I can't find an official equivalent: Tetris. Seriously. It's the only app I really use other than summerboard. I'm too fidgety to just sit and listen to something, but there's not much else that you can do that won't just distract you too much from the music, if you're listening to an album for the first time or something. Having a simple and mildly challenging game to play while I listen to music was great. Plus, I got damn good at it. (28,000 points mother****er!)

I'll be apprehensive about updating until I can find something that seems to be a suitable replacement for my beloved Tetris.

EDIT: EA is going to putting up the official Tetris app tomorrow. :) Along with Scrabble! :rockon: My decision has been made.

EDIT 2: Tetris is $10. What the ****? :?

For the touch, it'll be $10, for accounting reasons (mostly because they're not subsidized like the iPhone)

I don't have the money right now to get the 3G phone, and I'm not sure about coverage in my area, so I'll be sticking with the first gen as well.

Lots of good apps found so far although I am having a problem with random reboots, which is a pain.

I don't have the money right now to get the 3G phone, and I'm not sure about coverage in my area, so I'll be sticking with the first gen as well.

Lots of good apps found so far although I am having a problem with random reboots, which is a pain.

Have you tried a restore?

holy crap...

swung by the apple store on the way home... the peeeeeople....

the store is huge, and it's packed wall to wall.

holy crap...

swung by the apple store on the way home... the peeeeeople....

the store is huge, and it's packed wall to wall.

A guy I work with is at an Apple Store in Ann Arbor, 4:30 our time and he's #30 in line.

I'm rethinking the whole upgrading thing...

Along with $10 Tetris, I just realized that there's no summerboard style app and I will no longer have my precious background.

I'm kind of on the fence at the moment.

Psshh.

Red Delicious has a much faster web browser.

I'm rethinking the whole upgrading thing...

Along with $10 Tetris, I just realized that there's no summerboard style app and I will no longer have my precious background.

I'm kind of on the fence at the moment.

It's totally worth it...I'm finding that the official apps are much better than the jailbreak apps, with a few exceptions. Very few.

The $10 games are ridiculous. But there are lots of games and apps that are much less (and free).

I have to say I don't get the obsession people have with Summerboard. I just wasn't impressed, and it wasn't worth keeping jailbreak just to change a background pic that is mostly covered up anyway,

Latest posts

Back