The Apple Products Thread

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

Oh, not at all, I'm sorry if I came off as such. Just been reading all these lawsuits and whining about the 3G load n stuff. I kinda wanted to give a heads up.

Oh, not at all, I'm sorry if I came off as such. Just been reading all these lawsuits and whining about the 3G load n stuff. I kinda wanted to give a heads up.

Thanks. My boss has a 3G and he's pretty frustrated with it, so I get a daily report on its shortcomings. I keep a close eye on the Apple-related blogs as well. I'm not real excited about getting a 3G, but if I can get a couple hundred bucks more than I would if I waited I'll put up with it for a while. I just want to strike while the iron is hot.

I'm going to hold off until at least Tuesday just on the off-hand (and unlikely) chance that something interesting is announced in the Tuesday press conference.

Thanks. My boss has a 3G and he's pretty frustrated with it, so I get a daily report on its shortcomings. I keep a close eye on the Apple-related blogs as well. I'm not real excited about getting a 3G, but if I can get a couple hundred bucks more than I would if I waited I'll put up with it for a while. I just want to strike while the iron is hot.

I'm going to hold off until at least Tuesday just on the off-hand (and unlikely) chance that something interesting is announced in the Tuesday press conference.

The sad problem is, it's AT&T's system on the 3G side of things. The phone overpowers the network. Sounds like firmware 2.1 should help a lot, and it's got a tuesday release (we can hope).

I just went ahead and got a 3G today since I was already out. I'm not as excited about it as I was with the first one because of the 3G stuff, but I'm looking at eBay prices for 1st gens and I have no doubt I made the right decision.

Semi-real time updating from the iPod Event;

iTunes 8

NBC returning to iTS, SDTV $1.99 per ep, HDTV $2.99 per ep.

New Classic

120GB $249

New Nano

nanocolors.jpg

8GB $149
16GB $199

Now including Coverflow, voice recording, accelerometer, and Genius playlist creation.

New Touch
ipodsidewithjobs.jpg

thinner than last gen, built-in speaker, bevelled back, built in Nike+, Genius playlist creation and physical volume control buttons

Battery improvement; 36hrs of music, 6hrs of video

8GB $229
16GB $299
32 GB $399

iPhone/iPod Touch firmware 2.1 will be released on friday. Improving connections, backup/synching speeds, and revising the GUI a little.

(*sigh* No new MacBook/MacBook Pros, maybe in October)

Last edited:
Disappointed at the lack of time spent on the 2.1 update for what it fixes. No information on all of the Exchange problems? Still, improving the backup process is a big plus.

Looks like my 160 GB Classic is, indeed, a classic now. Kind of dumb to eliminate it for a 120.

Disappointed at the lack of time spent on the 2.1 update for what it fixes. No information on all of the Exchange problems? Still, improving the backup process is a big plus.

Looks like my 160 GB Classic is, indeed, a classic now. Kind of dumb to eliminate it for a 120.

I've read in several reports that the 160 barely sold. It lost money, and Apple dun like that much.

I've read in several reports that the 160 barely sold. It lost money, and Apple dun like that much.

That surprises me. I wonder why people wouldn't want all/most of their music on one device. Too expensive maybe?

The color range on the Nanos is kind of cool.

I just read that the Nike thing they announced *ONLY* works on the new Touches. I can see them not working on the old touches, but not the iPhone? That's odd. Not that I'd use it...just thought it was weird.

And I'm with you...I want to know about the next MackBooks/Pros.

That surprises me. I wonder why people wouldn't want all/most of their music on one device. Too expensive maybe?

The color range on the Nanos is kind of cool.

I just read that the Nike thing they announced *ONLY* works on the new Touches. I can see them not working on the old touches, but not the iPhone? That's odd. Not that I'd use it...just thought it was weird.

And I'm with you...I want to know about the next MackBooks/Pros.

You only have the iPhone, right?

Those of you who have the Touch, and are having 2.1 update problems, go here http://gizmodo.com/5047551/download-ipod-touch-21-software-right-now

You only have the iPhone, right?

Those of you who have the Touch, and are having 2.1 update problems, go here http://gizmodo.com/5047551/download-ipod-touch-21-software-right-now

No - I also have the 160 GB Classic. I'm trying to decide if I can manage without it. But I sure like having (almost) everything on a device like that.

I got the 3G the other day, unlocked my 1st gen, and put it on eBay.

Also - I got iTunes 8 and it's worth it just for grid view alone. It's still categorizing my library for Genius so I haven't had a chance to use that yet.

I'm in the process of removing music I either will never listen to or will never listen to again in order to hopefully get iTunes to run a little faster. It's SLLLLOOOOOOOOW.

No - I also have the 160 GB Classic. I'm trying to decide if I can manage without it. But I sure like having (almost) everything on a device like that.

I got the 3G the other day, unlocked my 1st gen, and put it on eBay.

Also - I got iTunes 8 and it's worth it just for grid view alone. It's still categorizing my library for Genius so I haven't had a chance to use that yet.

I'm in the process of removing music I either will never listen to or will never listen to again in order to hopefully get iTunes to run a little faster. It's SLLLLOOOOOOOOW.

How many songs do you have?

Those new Touches make mine feel inadequate.

He's sitting in the corner looking all dejected like.
Also - I got iTunes 8 and it's worth it just for grid view alone.
I don't get the appeal of it.

I much prefer grouped view.
It's still categorizing my library for Genius so I haven't had a chance to use that yet.
I'm doing that right now as well. It's about 60% done with mine. I can't imagine how long yours is going to take.

See you in a couple of weeks, I guess.

How many songs do you have?

Almost 59,000 in iTunes, and I think around 48,000 on the iPod Classic. The songs are all kept on an external Firewire drive so I don't know if that has something to do with it. I do know that Last.fm doesn't pick up song plays on the iPhone or iPod because the size of the library causes some kind of Applescript time out. I've been in contact with Last.fm about that - it's a known problem. But whenever I start up iTunes it freezes for 7 or 8 minutes then is OK. It usually, but not always, freezes after I connect an iPod for about 5 minutes before syncing.

I much prefer grouped view.

Grouped how?

I think they would but not everyone has THAT much music.

I think you and I are the weirdoes, E.

*offers a hand* Come with me, if you want to live....

Latest posts

Back