The Apple Products Thread

Skotti have you heard of the (pretty widespread) problems that people are having with the iPhone and iPod Touch where NO 3rd party apps will launch due to a DRM issue? The native iPhone apps work OK but anything 3rd party abruptly stops a few seconds after launch and drops you back to the home screen. There have been a few fixes, none of which seem to take for more than a few days before the problem starts again.

I had it happen to my 1st gen iPhone and I did a restore to fix it. Now it just happened on my 3G.

Tomorrow's firmware update is supposed to tackle this problem so I'm not going to restore today, but I'm ticked that my phone is almost unusable until then.

A nice sidenote is that this problem also makes it appear as though you have no music or video, even though the space indicator shows that there is something there. So you can't listen to or watch anything.

quick question:
can i access internet from itouch?
GO!

Yes, as long as you're connected via a WiFi hotspot

Skotti have you heard of the (pretty widespread) problems that people are having with the iPhone and iPod Touch where NO 3rd party apps will launch due to a DRM issue? The native iPhone apps work OK but anything 3rd party abruptly stops a few seconds after launch and drops you back to the home screen. There have been a few fixes, none of which seem to take for more than a few days before the problem starts again.

I had it happen to my 1st gen iPhone and I did a restore to fix it. Now it just happened on my 3G.

Tomorrow's firmware update is supposed to tackle this problem so I'm not going to restore today, but I'm ticked that my phone is almost unusable until then.

A nice sidenote is that this problem also makes it appear as though you have no music or video, even though the space indicator shows that there is something there. So you can't listen to or watch anything.

Never had this problem. I had the AIM bad code problem (which meant you had to go so far as delete the app from iTunes, and iPod/iPhone and redownload).

Have you tried a hard reboot of the phone? (hold Home and Sleep button until the Apple Logo appears)

Have you tried a hard reboot of the phone? (hold Home and Sleep button until the Apple Logo appears)

Yep. There have been a lot of people on Apple's support site and other Apple-centered forums with the problem. Some people were able to fix by downgrading to iTunes 7.0 (I think) but I think even some of them still had problems. I saw one guy who was corresponding directly with one of the lead software engineers at Apple.

$3 for HD episodes? Sounds good.

Make sure you use the 1-Click option, if you use the cart, you only get the SD version, then you have to go back and download the HD version separately. If you use the 1-Click, then you get HD and SD at the same time.

It's an anti-piracy measure for mp3 whoring cads like you. :p

It's an anti-piracy measure for mp3 whoring cads like you. :p

I have no comment at this time.

iPhone software 2.1 is up E.

Got it, and it fixed my problem. Whether it fixes the problem so it doesn't happen again remains to be seen, but all apps are usable now.

Contacts is much faster, and the backups are WAAAAAY faster, thankfully.

I have no comment at this time.

Got it, and it fixed my problem. Whether it fixes the problem so it doesn't happen again remains to be seen, but all apps are usable now.

Contacts is much faster, and the backups are WAAAAAY faster, thankfully.

Have you noticed any improvement in your 3G?

Have you noticed any improvement in your 3G?

No, as far as data, it seems pretty much the same (plus I've only had it for about 4 days). I did have a dropped call today though that dropped for no reason. I have definitely noticed better battery life. Have you seen any difference in 3G?

No, as far as data, it seems pretty much the same (plus I've only had it for about 4 days). I did have a dropped call today though that dropped for no reason. I have definitely noticed better battery life. Have you seen any difference in 3G?

It's not switching to Edge as much for me. In my house, I had no 3G, now i have 3 bars. My dropped calls are occurring a lot less.

So I will be ordering the 120GB iPod Classic next week straight from Apple's site and I will get it engraved.

I'm thinking something like:

Iceman
X-Men Forever​

:p

I'm not entirely sure, though.

Also, the website says they ship within 24 hours. If I order it Friday, will it arrive on Saturday or would I have to wait until Monday? And what if I order it on Friday at midnight (when it turns into Friday from Thursday)?

Also, the website says they ship within 24 hours. If I order it Friday, will it arrive on Saturday or would I have to wait until Monday? And what if I order it on Friday at midnight (when it turns into Friday from Thursday)?

I'm not sure that mean it *arrives* in 24 hours - just that they get it in the mail within 24 hours. I'm pretty sure it will still take 3-5 days to arrive unless you pay for next-day shipping. And if I'm remembering right they use UPS so they would only deliver on a Saturday if you paid for Saturday delivery.

I'm not sure that mean it *arrives* in 24 hours - just that they get it in the mail within 24 hours. I'm pretty sure it will still take 3-5 days to arrive unless you pay for next-day shipping. And if I'm remembering right they use UPS so they would only deliver on a Saturday if you paid for Saturday delivery.
Ohhh ok. That helps, thanks.

Is iTunes in the Europes the same as here, or will I not be able to buy TV shows until they air over there when I'm studying abroad next semester?

Latest posts

Back