Spider-Man The Avenging Spider-Man!

hulkthe028009col.jpg

No, it is you who is scientifically proven to be terrible.

ALL LIES!!!!

LIES! LIES!

LIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!

(I'm gonna check it out.)

Last edited:
:shock: You thief!!!11!!1!

EDIT: Okay. So before, since I'm in Berlin, I just skimmed the article and it sold me on the idea that they took Loeb's nonsense and made it rather more substantive. It was a turnaround because the page put up, despite being beautifully illustrated, I thought was really stupid: punching dinosaurs in freefall, yawn.

I just read the article properly and while I still adore the artwork and plan on giving it a shot, I am far, far less interested than I was. Firstly, because the article's author is insightful enough to work out why Loeb's run was successful (really, it's a good analysis) but fails to actually point out that it is rubbish. (Or maybe he does but not to a level of terminal intensity I crave.) Secondly, because while the Parker approach is more interesting and indeed actaully works to validate the stupid continuity of previous stories, it still has the fundamental problem that Rulk is a bloody stupid idea for a character. The idea that he's Ross (WHERE IS HIS MOUSTACHE?!) is idiotic as the Ross character having Hulk powers is a stupid as giving Lex Luthor Superman's powers, and that the Rulk is such an outrageous overdog that nothing seems remotely threatening against him.

I hate him and the article seems to promise me only that it makes sense and validates Loeb's run. Which I don't really care about. But maybe Rulk is indeed an awesome character in it and I will give it a shot when I get back. I am just significantly less enthused. :?

Last edited:
I'm hating myself, because I'll probably get this. Because I like Wells, and it's got Jessica Drew. I do need to read Parker's Hulk.

Bass, I just read them, and it doesn't really validate Loeb's run. Parker tells some good stories, including one where he basically makes fun of Loeb's Superman Batman run, using a composite Hulk story.

Latest posts

Back