The Boys (TV Series) - Timeline

That'd be useful! It's a date that needs to be disregarded, since it's not accurate, and it messes up the S1 timeline . I'm glad it was ignored here already

Also, may I ask a question? Last night I watched 3x02, which should take place on July 4th. However, I didn't see any signs or anything representing Independence Day. How do we know his birthday (and the episode) is July 4th, is it stated in a following episode?
I know for certain it was said somewhere that Homelander was (falsely via Vought) stated as being born on July 4th to appear more 'patriotic'.

And the timing of Summer release for that movie we saw in Season 3's opening scene.

I know for certain it was said somewhere that Homelander was (falsely via Vought) stated as being born on July 4th to appear more 'patriotic'.

And the timing of Summer release for that movie we saw in Season 3's opening scene.
They only really said it originally was Summer 2021, before the Stormfront stuff caused them to have to reshoot it. It hypothetically could be before Summer 2022. The whole thing is weird. If it were say earlier in 2022 it would fit all the comments on it being a year since S2 as well as the weather. It's like they forgot the reference to his birthday being July 4th as nothing in the show makes it clear that it's the holiday. I don't see how production could remember and not acknowledge it at all.

Anyway, I was finishing up S3 and my timeline document didn't save. So, I have to go back and redo it. By 3x07, I know I was up to July 15th. I remember 3x03 makes it clear it's the day after Homelander's speech, 3x04 seems to pick up shortly after (one point
Starlight mentions Homelander killing Supersonic yesterday
same with 3x05 and 3x06 which counting the days brought me to July 10th (I didn't see anything pushing the August date). And 3x07 is 5 days later. I didn't see any point for a huge jump that would bring the later part of the season into August. I'll update after I recalculate the dates and how I came up with them.

They only really said it originally was Summer 2021, before the Stormfront stuff caused them to have to reshoot it. It hypothetically could be before Summer 2022. The whole thing is weird. If it were say earlier in 2022 it would fit all the comments on it being a year since S2 as well as the weather. It's like they forgot the reference to his birthday being July 4th as nothing in the show makes it clear that it's the holiday. I don't see how production could remember and not acknowledge it at all.

Anyway, I was finishing up S3 and my timeline document didn't save. So, I have to go back and redo it. By 3x07, I know I was up to July 15th. I remember 3x03 makes it clear it's the day after Homelander's speech, 3x04 seems to pick up shortly after (one point
Starlight mentions Homelander killing Supersonic yesterday
same with 3x05 and 3x06 which counting the days brought me to July 10th (I didn't see anything pushing the August date). And 3x07 is 5 days later. I didn't see any point for a huge jump that would bring the later part of the season into August. I'll update after I recalculate the dates and how I came up with them.
Way ahead of you.

Hi! Yesterday I watched Gen V 1x01 and it's clear that the beginning takes place on June 22, 2022, of course, and at the 03:40 minute mark, a kid says "Ever since Starlight left The Seven...", so this is at least after The Boys 3.06. But I'm inclined to say they don't overlap like that.

I've been trying to make sense of the timeline as I'm watching the series for first time, and I had asked about why S3 is being placed in July. I know it's because of July 4th being Homelander's fake birthday, which makes sense, yes, but I think the lack of references to that are outweighed by a lot of evidence that places it in early to mid June, followed by the beginning of Gen V on June 22nd and then a time jump to late August!

I place The Boys 301 on May 30th and 31st. There is evidence that Dawn of the Seven's theatrical release date is Friday June 3rd, so it would make sense for the world premiere/red carpet to be the Monday before then, as is usual in the real world (a la Avengers: Endgame). This also works with 305 then being on Sunday June 5th (as Homelander says to "Book slots on all the Sunday shows" and is then seen at a talk show that same day).

The episodes either span 1 or 2 days, and most are the follow-up days, with the exception of 307, which as we know, is five days after. What do you guys think?

Hi! Yesterday I watched Gen V 1x01 and it's clear that the beginning takes place on June 22, 2022, of course, and at the 03:40 minute mark, a kid says "Ever since Starlight left The Seven...", so this is at least after The Boys 3.06. But I'm inclined to say they don't overlap like that.

I've been trying to make sense of the timeline as I'm watching the series for first time, and I had asked about why S3 is being placed in July. I know it's because of July 4th being Homelander's fake birthday, which makes sense, yes, but I think the lack of references to that are outweighed by a lot of evidence that places it in early to mid June, followed by the beginning of Gen V on June 22nd and then a time jump to late August!

I place The Boys 301 on May 30th and 31st. There is evidence that Dawn of the Seven's theatrical release date is Friday June 3rd, so it would make sense for the world premiere/red carpet to be the Monday before then, as is usual in the real world (a la Avengers: Endgame). This also works with 305 then being on Sunday June 5th (as Homelander says to "Book slots on all the Sunday shows" and is then seen at a talk show that same day).

The episodes either span 1 or 2 days, and most are the follow-up days, with the exception of 307, which as we know, is five days after. What do you guys think?
The Vought twitter says February. Does that work better if we take it into account?

Honestly, his fake birthday doesn't account for the timeline at this point. Vought counts on the public's horridly short term memory to keep altering Homelander's birthday to whatever fits their 'agenda. In other words, doesn't matter.

Also good call on June 3rd. I'll adjust.

And I guess Gen V takes place during Summer semester. Didn't consider that at first...

Also good call on June 3rd. I'll adjust.
I noticed the June 3rd from the trailer, but assumed Homelander "birthday" being July 4th held more weight. Plus June 3rd was just them using the season's premiere date. The weather for most of the season is cooler and with all the specific references to it being a year make me feel the closer to earlier in 2022 the better.

I noticed the June 3rd from the trailer, but assumed Homelander "birthday" being July 4th held more weight. Plus June 3rd was just them using the season's premiere date. The weather for most of the season is cooler and with all the specific references to it being a year make me feel the closer to earlier in 2022 the better.
I feel like the closer to Gen V, the better. Because Gen V is literally immediately after The Boys season 3 due to "breaking news" portions about it's final scene.

Finally getting to Gen V and is there a reason Marie going to the university is the same day she gets accepted? I feel like it makes sense the show begins June 22nd matching the calendar and not being too long after S3 of The Boys. However, it then makes sense some time would pass between her acceptance letter and her first day. We can even see her acceptance letter say it's for the "Fall Semester". I think a jump to August seems right, unless I'm missing something.

Finally getting to Gen V and is there a reason Marie going to the university is the same day she gets accepted? I feel like it makes sense the show begins June 22nd matching the calendar and not being too long after S3 of The Boys. However, it then makes sense some time would pass between her acceptance letter and her first day. We can even see her acceptance letter say it's for the "Fall Semester". I think a jump to August seems right, unless I'm missing something.
I also have it starting on June 22 and then it making a time-jump to late-August, since I read that Fall Semester starts in late-August/early September. Only yesterday I finished Gen V, and I couldn't find no other indication of when it takes place, except for an episode (1x05) explictly taking place on a Saturday...

I also have it starting on June 22 and then it making a time-jump to late-August, since I read that Fall Semester starts in late-August/early September. Only yesterday I finished Gen V, and I couldn't find no other indication of when it takes place, except for an episode (1x05) explictly taking place on a Saturday...
Yeah, I think I'm sticking with a general late August/early September placement for now.

Okay you should have made that more clear when you previously brought it up.

If Preacher were canon-adjacent to The Boys like in the comics' version, the "embrace of Christ the Lord" Black Noir went to was this:
mqdefault.jpg
Truly the most morbid Earth.

I guess we can assume in 1x03 of Gen V that the "3 Years Ago" flashback is just when Sam finds out about Compound V, even though I think the clear intent was for it to be when the public does in The Boys S2. I think they were going with the belief that there's a real-time passage between The Boys S2 and Gen V which is 3 years.

I guess we can assume in 1x03 of Gen V that the "3 Years Ago" flashback is just when Sam finds out about Compound V, even though I think the clear intent was for it to be when the public does in The Boys S2. I think they were going with the belief that there's a real-time passage between The Boys S2 and Gen V which is 3 years.
I mean...was Sam at risk of spilling the beans to the public? He was in an institution. Or did his brother know?

Remember the parents knew about Compound V before their kids were born. So it was definitely limited to a select small group of people, and I don't think Sam was ever gonna risk it going public a year prior to when it did.

Latest posts

Back