The Boys (TV Series) - Timeline

Let me suggest this: That clipboard seen in 1x06 is clearly the wrong date.

But June 21st somehow fits instead of the August 21st so I'm going with that.

For 1x07, what makes it take place immediately after?
I wouldn't say immediately, but it doesn't feel like too much time had passed. Before your recent edits, it was placed on this timeline as beginning the same night 1x06 ended and going the following days, so I just assumed it was probably around that time. June 21st does fit with being 2 weeks after the Expo.

Oh okay I figured out why I had 1x07 at August:

But it was under the clipboard assumption. And when the Deep is looking at his computer it read "Wed" (Wednesday) at the top right.
Figured there had to be something I didn't catch.

I'm figuring this out piece by piece.

So Homelander finds meets his son on Monday, IIRC in the final scene of S1.
If two weeks pass since 1x05 and 1x06, then that actually would make it June 7th when they're at the Expo. (also, Sunday = God)

I need help with The Butcher short film again too, I forgot what I did that messed that up...

I need help with The Butcher short film again too, I forgot what I did that messed that up...
The opening/ending stuff would be in October since it's from 2x02 and the flashback would be the same day Homelander takes him to Rebecca and their son.

Also, I'm up to 2x03 and they mention it's Monday so it should be October 5th and I assume the stuff after would also need to be pushed back a day.

Let me know if I miss anything else.

3x01 takes place on a Tuesday, and 3x02 on July 4th (Homelander's fake birthday - since Vought fabricated that to make him seem more "American").

Last edited:
I'm not seeing how 2x05 picks up the same day 2x04 ends. The final scene of 2x04 shows Homelander at the cabin at night and 2x05 opens with him working on Dawn of the Seven where it's day. Even then, I don't see anything saying this is the very next day. I'm seeing more of a general October placement.

Edit: They say The Deep married Cassandra last week. He meets her in 2x04, so there's definitely a time jump.

Last edited:
@selfishmisery
Starting to go through the Vought International Seven on Seven videos, and I'm not sure how you want to handle them. In the July one Coleman says it's a beautiful July day, in the August one he says it's the 7th of August, in September he mentions how the month brings crisp fall weather, etc. The videos are obviously using their actual release dates and assuming it should be the same in-universe. However, they contradict S3 running from June to August 2021 as all of these should be before the start of S3.

I'm thinking S3 might need to move to 2022. While in the first episode, there are numerous references to it being a year. Whether it's Summer 2021 or 2022 requires some leniency in what qualifies as a year. S2 does have Dawn of the 7 releasing in Summer 2021. However, due to Stormfront, there were reshoots, so it getting delayed a year makes sense. Gen V also apparently has the 2022 calendar and the Seven on Seven videos cover in-universe until January 2022. All the references to it being a year are what complicate things. S2 confirms a Fall 2020 setting through stuff like the September 30th date on the obituary, 2020 on the same obituary as well as the year given for Translucent's death, and the weather. However, the Seven on Seven videos cover July 2021-January 2022 and with Homelander's birthday being July 4th, S3 has to begin in June 2022.

As for most of the other YouTube videos, I'm just placing them when they were uploaded since that's the case for the Seven on Seven videos. With exceptions for stuff like the Soldier Boy PSA from 1984.

I'm thinking S3 might need to move to 2022. While in the first episode, there are numerous references to it being a year. Whether it's Summer 2021 or 2022 requires some leniency in what qualifies as a year. S2 does have Dawn of the 7 releasing in Summer 2021. However, due to Stormfront, there were reshoots, so it getting delayed a year makes sense. Gen V also apparently has the 2022 calendar and the Seven on Seven videos cover in-universe until January 2022. All the references to it being a year are what complicate things. S2 confirms a Fall 2020 setting through stuff like the September 30th date on the obituary, 2020 on the same obituary as well as the year given for Translucent's death, and the weather. However, the Seven on Seven videos cover July 2021-January 2022 and with Homelander's birthday being July 4th, S3 has to begin in June 2022.

As for most of the other YouTube videos, I'm just placing them when they were uploaded since that's the case for the Seven on Seven videos. With exceptions for stuff like the Soldier Boy PSA from 1984.
Are my changes accurate now?

I get the want to do different forms of commentary on recent events through that access point.
But at least don't drag out the endgame fight with Homelander. Maybe set it after like Season 5's events? The fallout of that?
I don't want to get into comic spoilers.

I get the want to do different forms of commentary on recent events through that access point.
But at least don't drag out the endgame fight with Homelander. Maybe set it after like Season 5's events? The fallout of that?
I don't want to get into comic spoilers.
Don't worry, at this point the comic and series are completely different.

Don't worry, at this point the comic and series are completely different.
I know you mean, but it is following some main points from the comic in its own way, like the Preacher show did.

So the endgame still has the potential to be remotely similar.

Let me suggest this: That clipboard seen in 1x06 is clearly the wrong date.

But June 21st somehow fits instead of the August 21st so I'm going with that.

For 1x07, what makes it take place immediately after?
There's an easy explanation for the August 21st date: It was when the episode was filmed in 2018 (I did the math, it checks out). It also has the real-life director's name, Jennifer Phang!

There's an easy explanation for the August 21st date: It was when the episode was filmed in 2018 (I did the math, it checks out). It also has the real-life director's name, Jennifer Phang!
Thanks for the info!

I wonder if The Boys wiki knows about this timeline. Might be beneficial for me to create a "reasoning" document.

Thanks for the info!

I wonder if The Boys wiki knows about this timeline. Might be beneficial for me to create a "reasoning" document.
That'd be useful! It's a date that needs to be disregarded, since it's not accurate, and it messes up the S1 timeline . I'm glad it was ignored here already

Also, may I ask a question? Last night I watched 3x02, which should take place on July 4th. However, I didn't see any signs or anything representing Independence Day. How do we know his birthday (and the episode) is July 4th, is it stated in a following episode?

I tried to place the Gen V promotional stuff from The Vought channel but most of it didn't fit story wise (e.g. The safe sex PSA I had during the events of episode 1 for obvious reasons for anyone who has seen the show, but the costumes that the characters were wearing didn't match the short timeframe and it didn't make sense for some of the characters being in it)

So so far what is canon is
*The God U campus tour (as it is shown in ep 1)
*Jordan Li tour (Relatively canon but could be picked apart further for inconsistencies)

Maybe canon:
*Think brink ( I put this before ep 2 because it's mainly happening early on in the same episode or before episode 3 but what made me drop it as non canon is the fact that Kate is wearing the same clothes from episode 1 and the safe sex psa which is also non canon also it was kinda covered in episode 3 and Marie really wasn't 100% about going so why make an appearance in this)
*Guardians of Godulkin (this has to happen either after ep 8 or it's mid credits scene but they used clips from the actual show which is making me think it's more promo than canon)
* safe sex psa (would have to take place during episode 1 but why would Marie or some of the other characters want to be in this also the whole costume debacle)
I think they're all intended to be canon (that's the whole point of the Vought International channel), but obviously don't all fit cleanly. So yeah, gonna need to force it into the actual episodes even when it creates clothing/personality errors, lol. Otherwise it's just inconsistent since it's all supposed to be in-universe canon material.

I don't see why Guardians of Godulkin wouldn't be canon anyway. Canon material has used old footage. It doesn't mean that that specific scene had been recorded literally, but the narrative itself (Vought reporting on the events) did happen.

At the very least, an "unknown" section would work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back