The Boys (TV Series) - Timeline

Cassidy from Preacher supposedly showed up in The Boys comics (issue #27), and Garth Ennis inferred those are the same universe.

The SHOWS however...dunno. Rights issues, DC can acknowledge Preacher but not The Boys, and the zero sign of Vought or Supes in Preacher.

Hmm..
View attachment 898
Probably not, but Cassidy showed up in the G-Men storyline. Gen V is based on that, and, well:
"Much like Mork & Mindy spun-off from Happy Days — which is an insane and true fact — our spinoff will exist in the Vought Cinematic Universe, yet have a tone and style all its own. It's our take on a college show, with an ensemble of fascinating, complicated, and sometimes deadly Young Supes. Michele and Tara are stone-cold geniuses, we're thrilled to have them steer this ship, and grateful to Sony and Amazon for the opportunity. We love this show and can't wait for you to see it. Also, Baywatch Nights spun-off from Baywatch, and it had vampires. Vampires!"
...vampires?

Butcher short film timeline (correct me if I'm wrong):

October 1
The Boys
1x08, "You Found Me" (1:03:00 - 1:04:39)
The Boys 2x02, "Proper Preparation and Planning" (0:00:57 - 0:02:36)
Butcher (0:00:11 - 0:01:12)

October 4
The Boys
2x01, "The Big Ride" (0:00:00 - 0:30:46)
Butcher (0:01:13 - 0:04:52)

October 5
The Boys
2x01, "The Big Ride" (0:30:47 - 0:58:00)
The Boys 2x02, "Proper Preparation and Planning" (0:00:00 - 0:00:56)
Butcher (0:00:00 - 0:00:10)
Butcher (0:04:53 - 0:05:02)
The Boys 2x02, "Proper Preparation and Planning" (0:02:37 - 0:57:24)

In "John and Sun-Hee", there is a statue of Starlight in the background. Additionally, John broke into Vought looking for compound V, so it probably occurs between S2 and S3, probably following the events of "Nubian vs Nubian".

Last edited:
I know near the start of episode 1 that the calendar in Marie's orphanage room is literally June 2022, but it can't be.
It's overlaps with season 3 so it's 2021.

Alrighty, got some quick notes on placements for the as-yet unplaced side material before I head to sleep.

First up, this short looks to take place after Season 3, according to Wikipedia.

Now, the Vought International YouTube channel. This one will be a bit of a tricky doozy, but I'll try my best. So...
  • The Seven on 7 videos here all take place between Seasons 2 and 3, since they were made to bridge the gaps for the seasons
  • Soldier Boy PSA | 1984 is a PSA featuring Soldier Boy that was released (in-universe, of course) in... well, 1984. Has to come before the 1984 flashbacks in Season 3.
  • The video description for Soldier Boy | Guest Appearance on Solid Gold mentions it being recorded before his "heroic final mission", which places it between the aforementioned PSA and the Season 3 flashbacks.
  • Soldier Boy | Red Thunder Scene is from an in-universe film featuring Soldier Boy and Payback that was released in 1983. However, the video frames it as being re-released on Vought+ following the events of Season 3, so take that as you will.
That's all I've got for now. I'll work on placement suggestions for the other stuff later in the week but hope this is good.

Alrighty, got some quick notes on placements for the as-yet unplaced side material before I head to sleep.

First up, this short looks to take place after Season 3, according to Wikipedia.

Now, the Vought International YouTube channel. This one will be a bit of a tricky doozy, but I'll try my best. So...
  • The Seven on 7 videos here all take place between Seasons 2 and 3, since they were made to bridge the gaps for the seasons
  • Soldier Boy PSA | 1984 is a PSA featuring Soldier Boy that was released (in-universe, of course) in... well, 1984. Has to come before the 1984 flashbacks in Season 3.
  • The video description for Soldier Boy | Guest Appearance on Solid Gold mentions it being recorded before his "heroic final mission", which places it between the aforementioned PSA and the Season 3 flashbacks.
  • Soldier Boy | Red Thunder Scene is from an in-universe film featuring Soldier Boy and Payback that was released in 1983. However, the video frames it as being re-released on Vought+ following the events of Season 3, so take that as you will.
That's all I've got for now. I'll work on placement suggestions for the other stuff later in the week but hope this is good.

I'll add that later, but thanks!

I'm working on Gen V's episode four placement.

Latest posts

Back