The Brotherhood.

That's what I'm asking for, really. I would like to see the Brotherhood have more of an opinion than echoing whatever Magneto had to say. They have to, personally, have a voice about what their doing... Whether it's just or not, I'd like to hear it.

But the reason for their existance is to support Magneto. They are tools in the worst way.

Right... That's why I want to see a Brotherhood that isn't. Possibly led by Mystique, these mutants could do some serious damage thinking for themselves.

I wouldn't expect Mystique to pop up anytime soon- Bendis is loving the cat-thing to much. You know he sits in an office somewhere gloating about the an anguish- is it mystique, it is just a cat, is it mystique trapped as a cat etc.

It wasn't Bendis that said that, it was Millar, who doesn't have the right to hold out on us like that. Even if Bendis was in charge, he couldn't do that, either.

I say I like the idea of Mystique leading a new Brotherhood. We've seen this before and it would be hot to see it. I mean, everyone knows how psycho she can act. Not as much as Magneto, but enough to do crazy things with the Brotherhood.

(*Not saying you have to be crazy to lead the Brotherhood or whatever).

Absolutely. Mystique is really a character that can be put in a position like Magneto, where you're a leader as well as a villain all to yourself or just a simple merc. Either way, she proves to be a kick-ass character that is sure to shake things up.

I'd rather see Mystique in the same kind of role in her own series- i.e. working on her own with only a small number of characters to be interacting with. Not necessarily as an agent of Xavier's (although its a possibility) but as some kind of intelligence worker. She can be a leader but I don't think she functions as a terrorist-style leader. If she is a leader, she should be more of a co-ordinator of activities or a leader of a spy-cell or something rather than blowing up buildings

No its as Ice said, it should be similar. It would be good to discover that Xavier has a Mutant Underground where he uses Mystique to rescue mutants. That would explain why Mystique is in the mansion and a lot of other things.

That would fit into Xavier's mysterious character, too... He has another mutant following aside from the X-Men. That could be very interesting to see.

mutantfreak

I think it would be cool to see Mystique as a vilain, not as a agent for Xavier. It could work if she had psiquic defenses and could change her smell, like in X-men Evolution. That way she would be able to do some real damage in the X-men, impersonating someone like Angel (who she could copy the power as well).

Its not impossible that she would be made to be able to copy powers. She could be capable of manipulation of at a cellular level.

I think this would make her too powerful a character though. smell and physical mutations would be ok but getting all powers would be too much

Mystique is a person that doesn't need all that power to be powerful, you know what I mean? You don't have to have the ability to not only change into someone, but have their powers, to give her a more potent role in the series. Her character should already bring something large enough to chew for the X-Men, regardless of what her powers are.

wow, it would be so kewl if we had a character that could copy another person's power and appearance, a sort of mystique mimic taskmaster.

Latest posts

Back