The Dark Knight: The Game News/Rumours/Speculation

Gothamite

What does anyone expect from this game? Do you want it to be similar to the previous game or do you want a total reboot?

Personally, I'd like a sandbox game. I know, they've been done to death, but I think Batman has the potential of being great as a sandbox game, provided Gotham City is constantly night-time (the thought of playing as Christian Bale-Batman in the day time is yucky). The idea of being able to toggle between different suits, vehicles and weaponry would be great and would really make you feel like Batman.

A lot of the DeWolfe missions in Spidey 3 felt like levels from a Batman game. In fact, the entire gang subplot element felt like it would be more suited to a Batman game.

Any thoughts?

They should maybe throw in some villains they won't use in the future. You only fought Ra's, Scarecrow and Zsasz in the last game. Scarecrow didn't even put up a fight. It annoyed me.

They should maybe throw in some villains they won't use in the future. You only fought Ra's, Scarecrow and Zsasz in the last game. Scarecrow didn't even put up a fight. It annoyed me.

It was sort of realistic the way that the 'bosses' were so damn easy in that game, but it didn't make it fun.

Here are some no-name villains that probably won't be in any movies and would be interesting to see in a game:

-Blackmask
-Hugo Strange
-The Mad Hatter (if done in a realistic, interesting way)
-The Red Hood (if he was completely retconned)

I say bring on big guns like Bane, Clayface and Killer Croc. There's no way they're going to be in a Batman movie.

I say bring on big guns like Bane, Clayface and Killer Croc. There's no way they're going to be in a Batman movie.

Yeah, but I'd kind of like it to be recognisable as part of Nolan's 'realistic' Batman universe. Those guys are straight out of a sci-fi flick.

Yeah, but I'd kind of like it to be recognisable as part of Nolan's 'realistic' Batman universe. Those guys are straight out of a sci-fi flick.

You could explain them all. Bane could be a mercenary for the mob who happens to be taking an experimental steroid 'Venom'. Killer Croc would be a thug born with a genetic birth defect that leaves him with a scaly, 'Croc-like' skin. Clayface could be explained through some form. It could all work.

Clayface could be explained through some form.

Looks like you've run out of ideas, Mr. Bond...

Seriously, though, now that you mention it, I'd love if they did the whole Basil Karlo, psycho make-up artist thing from the original 1940s comics. That could work brilliantly.

Looks like you've run out of ideas, Mr. Bond...

Seriously, though, now that you mention it, I'd love if they did the whole Basil Karlo, psycho make-up artist thing from the original 1940s comics. That could work brilliantly.

I say save Clayface for a Justice League movie as a part of the Society. Or put him in a World's Finest movie. Clayface is one of my top three favorite Batman villains. He needs to be made. And I agree Basil Karlo as Clayface but give him the Ultimate Clayface powers.

Bane could easily hold up a Batman movie, even with no other villains. I'd rather see him than Twoface.

Exactly. Bane is definitely in step with Nolan's view of the universe. Croc is too. He's just a guy with a serious birth defect.

I think Croc would be cool to see as a minor villain Batman has to take down.

It be great if it were anything the good ideas from The Ultimate Batman game thread, But I wouldnt mind it being like the last one with a little more freedom with the gadgets, a level select, and refresh health on the Batmobile levels.

It be great if it were anything the good ideas from The Ultimate Batman game thread, But I wouldnt mind it being like the last one with a little more freedom with the gadgets, a level select, and refresh health on the Batmobile levels.

I think the Ultimate Batman Game ideas would be better with comics Batman. There would be more creative freedom.

Then why not both?

a game based on the comics but with the realism and tone of begins?

Then why not both?

a game based on the comics but with the realism and tone of begins?

I don't know. I guess it would be cool to see what all of his enemies would look like in the Begins universe.

Latest posts

Back