The DVD purchase thread

I love all of the Muppet movies, but I haven't seen any of them in YEARS.

We used to watch the show every week too. That was one of the best shows ever made.

The show was cool , I have an episode of it on dvd (the star wars one) a friend of mine did for me.

The Muppet movies I movies I love nearly all of them , They are still Awesome today which some things from the same era if you watch now seems cheesy or crap. The Muppets have staying power , that says it all.

The christmas carol one is my favourite of the movies though.

Just bought the 4-disc edition of Blade Runner, Rob Zombie's Halloween, Four Rooms, and Predator.

Dvds I got for Christmas:

Justice Leage Unlimited: All
The NeverEnding Story
BASEketball(surprise stocking stuffer... awesome. Haven't seen it in years but I used to watch it three times a week)

My sister also got the deluxe two-disc Spice World, which, embarassingly enough I'm looking forward to seeing again. She also got Jumanji, The Pagemaster, and Mean Girls, all of which are great and I look forward to watching.

God Bless Christmas Money:

Once
Stardust
Blade Runner: The Final Cut
The Wedding Singer
Mullholland Dr.
The Comedy Central of William Shatner
Reefer Madness (the original propaganda film)
Terminator 3 (finishing the trilogy)
PotC: At World's End (finishing the trilogy)

God Bless Christmas Money:

Once
Stardust
Blade Runner: The Final Cut
The Wedding Singer
Mullholland Dr.
The Comedy Central of William Shatner
Reefer Madness (the original propaganda film)
Terminator 3 (finishing the trilogy)
PotC: At World's End (finishing the trilogy)

Have you seen Once yet? I'm currently obsessed with it. :)

Today I picked up the complete first season of Jericho and the first season of Mad Men.

I'm really looking forward to Mad Men, which is why I picked it up on DVD even though it hasn't legitimately collected into DVD yet.

Last edited:
I bought Batman (Tim Burton original) and Serenity (2-disc Collector's) yesterday. I'm surprised that there isn't like, a 2-disc version of Burton's Batman with some special features.

I bought Batman (Tim Burton original) and Serenity (2-disc Collector's) yesterday. I'm surprised that there isn't like, a 2-disc version of Burton's Batman with some special features.

There is. It's been out for a few years now. You can buy it on it's own or in the Batman Anthology set, in which all four films have an extra disc and a ton of featurettes, deleted scenes, etc. Really good stuff too, especially on the first Batman and Batman Forever.

Edit: Bango - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B5XOYI/?tag=tcbcom-20

Last edited:
There is. It's been out for a few years now. You can buy it on it's own or in the Batman Anthology set, in which all four films have an extra disc and a ton of featurettes, deleted scenes, etc. Really good stuff too, especially on the first Batman and Batman Forever.

Edit: Bango - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B5XOYI/?tag=tcbcom-20

I wish I would have known that before I bought the single-disc. Oh well, after watching it again after all these years, I still like Batman Begins better.

Last edited:
X-Files season 1
The Wire season 1
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
American Beauty
The Virgin Suicides

Yesterday I bought Family Guy: Blue Harvest on DVD. It comes with a T-shirt, trading cards, 3-D glasses, an art book, and a "digital" version that can play on iTunes. It also has a cool interview with George Lucas.

Some of the episode was a little corny, but my favorite part - the part that made me cry with laughter - was the part in the Mos Eisley Cantina where Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes are playing, and after they get done with their song, Figrin D'an is like, "Alright, what do you guys want to hear next? [whispering in someone else's force] 'Play that same song,'".

Last edited:
I'll see if I can get the Family Guy: Blue Harvest DVD this weekend.

Last week, I bought the PSYCH! season 1. This show is hi-freaking-larious. Recommend it to everyone.

Latest posts

Back