The DVD purchase thread

*Resists the urge to get in to this AGAIN*

All I said was "I bought the Special Collector's Edition of Bram Stoker's Dracula. I prefer it to Coppola's Godfather." So there was no point in even making that comment. I didn't call you out or anything.

That said, Bram Stoker's Dracula is an underrated masterpiece. It's the closest adaptation to Stoker's novel that I've ever come across, and it was pretty much the last movie that was made with old-fashioned special effects (computer effects were blossoming in '92). It's interesting to see the old-fashioned techniques they used. It makes sense because Dracula was written pretty close to 1900, when movies were just starting out. So there's this little scene with the suave, youthful Dracula that pays tribute to those old films.

Today I got The Muppet Christmas Carol :lol:

Ultimate Matrix Collection in HD DVD, courtesy of a bunch of discounts and coupons.

Ultimate Matrix Collection in HD DVD, courtesy of a bunch of discounts and coupons.

The only one I really liked was the first one. And "The Animatrix." Does it include the Animatrix?

OH! I JUST REALIZED! GUESS WHAT COMES OUT TUESDAY!

BLADE RUNNER FINAL CUT!

Does anybody know how much the Blade Runner Final Cut DVD costs?

Last edited:
I have never seen Blade Runner.

Based solely off of the commercials, I will be buying the special edition dvd with the Best Buy gift cards that I'll no doubt get a pile of for Christmas.
Does anybody know how much the Blade Runner Final Cut DVD costs?
I believe Amazon says that the 2-disc costs $20, the 4-disc costs $35 and I don't know what the big-*** case thing costs.

Last edited:
The only one I really liked was the first one. And "The Animatrix." Does it include the Animatrix?

Yes, it includes Animatrix (which was great) and 2 2-sided discs (!) of special features.

How much was it?

Sticker price was $89.99. It rang up $79.99 and with discounts and coupons I paid $60.

Like I said, it is HD DVD.

And totally worth it. Unlike some whiners who are too kewl to like the whole trilogy I loved all 3 of them.

I don't mean you, Langsta, I mean people who gripe about them for stupid reasons.

I already have the regular Blade Runner Director's Cut, but I intend to buy one of the new sets some day, probably when we have the next gen technology.

Be warned, new viewers, the first time I saw it, I didn't like it that much. The second time, a few months later, it moved me almost to tears.

Oh, and I recommend watching the Director's Cut first(if the set comes with both). I haven't seen the regular one, but from the clips I've seen, the voiceover is so bored-sounding it's unbelievable and the ending is very out of place.

I already have the regular Blade Runner Director's Cut, but I intend to buy one of the new sets some day, probably when we have the next gen technology.
You know that "The Final Cut" is actually a new Director's Cut of the movie? Apparently, unlike the first one, Ridley Scott actually had full artistic control over this cut.

Anyone else love this?

I love all of the Muppet movies, but I haven't seen any of them in YEARS.

We used to watch the show every week too. That was one of the best shows ever made.

Bought the Final Cut 5 disc edition of Blade Runner for my brother for Christmas, took a look at the contents at home and now want it for myself. It's sooooo nice.

Latest posts

Back