The DVD purchase thread

I bought the Freaks and Geeks Complete Series box set. I've only seen the first three episodes; I'm looking forward to the rest of the show, as well as the plethora of Special Features. Srsly, best DVD release evar.

The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan.

Also: Batman Gotham Knight (my lcs had it in early), Independence Day, and Season One of Mad Men.

I am the coolest guy ever.

Also: Batman Gotham Knight (my lcs had it in early), Independence Day, and Season One of Mad Men.

I'm seven episodes in, watching them on HD OnDemand. It's so addicting.

I just bought Cloverfield -- should look good in HD -- and The Blair Witch Project, which I've never seen, but it was $2.99 new, not used, so I figured I'd get it. I have the VHS that I borrowed from a friend, but our VHS player is in the worst possible place. At least now I can return it to him.

:shock:

Yes. You are 110% the coolest person ever.

"You can keep the skates. I just like running around in shorts."

The last time I remember laughing so hard was back when I thought Anchorman was funny.

This is also riotous.

[youtube]KQgfgB-vgT0[/youtube]

Kermit's face at the end gets me every time.

Last edited:
I hate Mad Men more and more with every ad I see for it. It looks like the most obnoxious show ever and the whole cast is just so damn proud of it it makes me sick. The first time I heard anything about it was a 10-minute ad that just had each actor talking about how great their character is and how "slick" the director made everything. The show could end up being superb and I'd probably still hate it.

I hate Mad Men more and more with every ad I see for it. It looks like the most obnoxious show ever and the whole cast is just so damn proud of it it makes me sick. The first time I heard anything about it was a 10-minute ad that just had each actor talking about how great their character is and how "slick" the director made everything. The show could end up being superb and I'd probably still hate it.
I didn't like it either.

I think the problem I had with it --- having never seen any promotional spots for it at all --- is that the actor is so good at portraying his character that he is absolutely difficult for viewers to read, let alone empathize with or hate. He's just so stiff and boxed up and trying to be in control of himself that his acting comes across as wooden, even when it's not.

Also, boy did that girl from The West Wing not age well.

Well this should cheer you up - my dad got an advanced copy of Early Edition: The Complete First Season(tomorrow's dvds today! Yippee!) last week and my family and I have rediscoved it and it's the most warming feeling ever.

For real?

EEEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!

I did too until I gave the show a chance, and I absolutely love it now.

I have the VHS that I borrowed from a friend, but our VHS player is in the worst possible place.
TOG's bathroom?

And The Blair Witch Project was so much cooler when I was nine and my friends and I were all too young to see it and could only talk stupidly about the fact that "it's actually real!" The actual movie is, other than a few creepy moments, pretty boring.
AMC does terrible ads.

They do those ads for their movies where they show clips from a succession of ****ty movies that they managed to acquire the rights to and one moderately good movie and try and pretend that you're seeing a montage of cinematic classics or something.

I bought the Get Smart's Bruce & Lloyd's Out of Control DVD from Amazon, which should be here by next Wednesday at the latest.

I LOVE AMC's ads, for that exact reason. They can make anything look good, you'll forgive even clips from Batman and Robin because you're so caught up in the whole movies-is-love atmosphere of it all. But the Mad Men promos just piss me off so far because of how damn into their own average-looking show they are. I'm sure its unfair, but man do they annoy me.

Anyway, THE BEST AMC MOVIE MONTAGE EVER BECAUSE PRETTY MUCH ALL THE MOVIES ARE ACTUALLY AWESOME!!!!!

[youtube]g1G8P3hSo5o[/youtube]

I've tried to find the mp3 of that sogn as I want to use it for my own montage of my top fifty or so films as editing-program practice.

I saw a half-second clip from Halloween 4/5! The whole commercial is ruined.

And generally, AMC seems more interested in playing movies like Halloween 4 and 5 then any of the good movies that they actually show in the commercial.

Last edited:
Anyway, THE BEST AMC MOVIE MONTAGE EVER BECAUSE PRETTY MUCH ALL THE MOVIES ARE ACTUALLY AWESOME!!!!!

[youtube]g1G8P3hSo5o[/youtube]

I've tried to find the mp3 of that sogn as I want to use it for my own montage of my top fifty or so films as editing-program practice.

That was great. :rockon:

Latest posts

Back