The DVD purchase thread

You mean people buy HDTVs that CAN'T process DTS? :shock:

(/not sarcastic)

Mine doesn't. I didn't know it at the time. I don't have a stereo system connected to my TV, which is probably pretty weird because most people who care enough to get an HD TV will want a good sound system for it. As far as I've been able to tell, DTS processing on the TV itself is somewhat newer for this very reason, and a lot of the "older" TVs can't do this.

Purchased a Used 2-Disc copy of Indy 4. Surprisingly, it has a lot of scratches -- the store's not supposed to take back scratched copies -- so I'll have to see if it even plays.

Recently I have purchased:

Lost Season 4
Prison Break Season 3
House Season 4
Dexter Season 1
Speed Racer
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Batman: Gotham Knight
The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
Mission: Impossible III
Munich
American History X
Donnie Darko

I picked up The Water Horse because my kids wanted it and they haven't even watched it. It's been sitting in the closet for 3 weeks.

Ingrates.

I picked up The Water Horse because my kids wanted it and they haven't even watched it. It's been sitting in the closet for 3 weeks.

Ingrates.

of all places for it to be in, the closet? well i should ask what kind of closet first.

i know that's just an odd combination for a closet. I can't wrap my head around it.

I'm not sure when or why we decided to put the DVDs in it. I guess because it's the closest storage to the TV. They're just stacked on the upper shelf. I'm the only person in the house who can reach them - it's very empowering.

I'm torn on purchasing new movies. On one hand I like having DVDs because if I let my friends borrow movies, they don't have blu-rays, so when I lend it out...they can actually watch them.

But on the other hand, why wouldn't I buy all my new movies in blu-ray? Whats the purpose of having it if I'm not gonna do blu-ray?

I'm torn on purchasing new movies. On one hand I like having DVDs because if I let my friends borrow movies, they don't have blu-rays, so when I lend it out...they can actually watch them.

But on the other hand, why wouldn't I buy all my new movies in blu-ray? Whats the purpose of having it if I'm not gonna do blu-ray?

I love having the excuse not to loan someone something.

I forgot if I said this already in this thread....but I bought Batman: The Movie (the one with the shark repellant and gigantic bomb), the first two seasons of The Incredible Hulk (from the '70s), Mission Impossible: The Impossible Missions Collection (it contains all three movies, and....well, that's it, but it was only 13 bucks), and Pineapple Express Unrated (because Unrated versions are apparently better than "rated" versions....:? ....the Unrated version was actually the only one they were selling at the store).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back