The DVD purchase thread

Um, from the store?

In the US there are literally 8 or 9 different exclusives with different packaging and features. I assume he wanted to know which store, probably not realizing that you aren't in the US.

Um, from the store? There are a few different versions of this movie on DVD; the normal 1-disc version, the 2-disc version (limited edition), the 2-disc metal/steel box edition (limited) and the 2-disc Mask edition.

.....at least in the EU.

I wanted that, but it's only exclusively at TARGET here, which there are none near me.

Damn. But the only difference between the 2-disc limited and the 2-disc limited metal is just the case, right?

I disagree; the only way that could be more ridiculous is if they had put a beanie on his head.

Everything about that movie was stupid.

I agree. I'm so glad Bale wasn't hired as Robin after he auditioned. Not only was that movie a huge, stupid turd, but it managed to be even campier than the '60s TV show. At least the '60s show was....cool (IMO). Bat shark repellant spray is awesome. Bat nips are the worst thing to ever happen to Batman (besides Schumacher himself).

thBatmanvsBomb.gif
thbatman.gif

Question, I bought a new Dvd , it's an old show like 1991-1992-ish and there is a lot of blue lines around the characters at times (like blue edges around the face), I rewind and the blue lines go away. Any idea what can cause that? or is it normal for old shows?

Question, I bought a new Dvd , it's an old show like 1991-1992-ish and there is a lot of blue lines around the characters at times (like blue edges around the face), I rewind and the blue lines go away. Any idea what can cause that? or is it normal for old shows?

It only does it on that DVD? Might be a defective disc - you should exchange it.

I just got free copies of The Ninth Gate and Syriana. Ka-Ching!
Nicely done. I love The Ninth Gate.
At least the '60s show was....cool (IMO). Bat shark repellant spray is awesome. Bat nips are the worst thing to ever happen to Batman (besides Schumacher himself).

I know its cool to hate on Joel Schumacher, but the man has done plenty of non-horrific movie. He did The Lost Boys, Flatliners, Falling Down, 8MM, and Phone Booth. He was asked to make Campy Batman movies and he did. He didn't just come in and say "**** you Batman fans! I'm gonna **** all over your franchise!" He was brought in after there was a parent and corporate backlash over Batman Returns and and a more approachable direction was decided on by studios. Could Schumacher have made better movies of this? Of course. But don't drop all the blame on him. He just did what they wanted. For lots of money. And anyone who says they wouldn't have is just being unrealistic.

I know its cool to hate on Joel Schumacher, but the man has done plenty of non-horrific movie. He did The Lost Boys, Flatliners, Falling Down, 8MM, and Phone Booth. He was asked to make Campy Batman movies and he did. He didn't just come in and say "**** you Batman fans! I'm gonna **** all over your franchise!" He was brought in after there was a parent and corporate backlash over Batman Returns and and a more approachable direction was decided on by studios. Could Schumacher have made better movies of this? Of course. But don't drop all the blame on him. He just did what they wanted. For lots of money. And anyone who says they wouldn't have is just being unrealistic.

I completely agree, most fans who blame Schumacher really have no idea why, he's even apologized for the movie. I for one have no gripes against him, even for the bat nipples

It only does it on that DVD? Might be a defective disc - you should exchange it.

It does it on all of the mini-boxset. (Box set = Friends season 1-10 and inside the big box = 10 boxsets)

Season 1 it did it season 2 it doesn't. So I was thinking it might be the age of the show I'm not sure. I hope it's not defective discs as I've lost my receipt

It does it on all of the mini-boxset. (Box set = Friends season 1-10 and inside the big box = 10 boxsets)

Season 1 it did it season 2 it doesn't. So I was thinking it might be the age of the show I'm not sure. I hope it's not defective discs as I've lost my receipt

I had a similar problem with my X-Files box set. Some episodes would stutter and pixilize at random times. It was annoying, but I think it might have just been the age of the show since nothing seemed to be wrong with the discs.

Nicely done. I love The Ninth Gate.

Man, the book it's based on? The Club Dumas? Even better...

Baxter said:

For real. The way I heard it, Schu wanted to do a Year One story.

Last edited:

Exactly. Just like it was the studios' fault for the suckfest that was Spidey 3.

I've said this before, and I agree.

And this applies to all directors. I know everyone who takes film school or at least reads up on film theory seems to unconsciously think that every director is an auteur, but that's not the case with all directors. Some directors have done mediocre films because they were hired to do them not because they set out to do mediocrity.

At worst, they're corporate tools, and I mean that in the best sense of the word. Someone's gotta direct all those hundreds and hundreds of movies that Hollywood puts out every year, and in such a case some directors are in the industry to help out with that, not to make some artistic impression over the world, but because they like directing movies for a living and it beats selling hotdogs on Wilshire Boulevard.

Yeah, there's no difference besides the casing.
...not even the price.

Could also be the DVD player. Have you tried it in any other player?

Last edited:
Oh.... then it is probably the disc, either the quality or (a) faulty disc(s).

Ah thanks dude. So it has nothing to do with age. On the plus with it been split up in to 10 mini boxsets and those boxsets are sold sepratly i can always buy that season and replace it

I've said this before, and I agree.

And this applies to all directors. I know everyone who takes film school or at least reads up on film theory seems to unconsciously think that every director is an auteur, but that's not the case with all directors. Some directors have done mediocre films because they were hired to do them not because they set out to do mediocrity.

At worst, they're corporate tools, and I mean that in the best sense of the word. Someone's gotta direct all those hundreds and hundreds of movies that Hollywood puts out every year, and in such a case some directors are in the industry to help out with that, not to make some artistic impression over the world, but because they like directing movies for a living and it beats selling hotdogs on Wilshire Boulevard.

All right, I realize that I've attacked the wrong person/s....but I think the most important message I can take from this is to not become a movie director.

All right, I realize that I've attacked the wrong person/s....but I think the most important message I can take from this is to not become a movie director.
Don't worry, I wasn't directing any hostility towards you, just trying to point out a fallacy in casual discussions of movies.

Latest posts

Back