The Flash - Series Discussion (spoilers)

Friday

Alright guys, this will be discussion on the new flash seriees when it comes out, but untill then we've got some information. Spoiler tags will be on this first post for anyone who doesn't want to know the identity of the Flash in the new ongoing.

First off we've got the creators talking about how the first person you see as The Flash won't be the one who wears the costume at the end of the first issue.

Second we've got the preview for the series opening up with Jay Garrick, who will be without a home come the end of JSA in June. I'd post a link to it but damned if I can find it.

And last we've got this. Click on the second Flash pictured.
According to it Bart Allen will be the new Flash. Apparently Superboy Prime's line about being held captive in the speed force is a bit more than a throwaway line. With the aging of Bart however it brings to mind questions about Wally and his twins, and what will become of them. I doubt they'll just be left to the eather.

Now for my two bits. I'm torn. The character has been around for a bit, but last we saw of him
he was still a bit too young. But that was a selling point for him. I liked having a young, impulsive Kid Flash to balance out the more mature Wally. I'm more afraid that Bart will become a clone of Wally, or even worse Barry instead of being himself anymore.

Re: The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive (spoilers)

I like what they did with Superboy Prime, I want to see how the whole no more speed force thing turns out

Random said:
I like what they did with Superboy Prime, I want to see how the whole no more speed force thing turns out
Yeah. No more speed force doesn't really jive with what it apears is going on.

im guessing that the speed force will be the only thing that holds together Bart's abilities, and that it will only be there for him... He will be the bearer of the the Speed Force...

Doot... I dunno.

But keep in mind... Superboy was locked up in the SF for years, so Bart is in his twenties by the time he comes out...

I am excited...

Bart Allen is one of my favorite characters in the DCU.

I'm not sure about Bart taking over, just because Wally did in the first crisis doesnt mean it has to be the same now. I guess I was hoping for something more original. And the no more speed force would probably go the way of no more mutants, as in it happened but not really, not a big deal

I'm going new into this series when it comes out so.....yeah......

Wow. That is a major thing. I hope he forges his own character then to be like the others.

I knew it. :rockon:

i was hoping bart would be the next flash, this seems to confirm it. now i wonder if he is the flash that re emerges in issue #5 of IC. either way, bart being the flash is a good move in my opinion.

Explains the "sort-of retired" line.....but it'll be a pity to see Wally go down like that.....

Rorschach said:
i was hoping bart would be the next flash, this seems to confirm it. now i wonder if he is the flash that re emerges in issue #5 of IC. either way, bart being the flash is a good move in my opinion.

Bart has yellow/almond eyes.

Barry has the Blue eyes.

Ultimate Houde said:
Leave it to you to know eye color of guy comic book characters

This is where DSF replies back with some kinda angry remark because of...well you know. ;)

But then Houde replies back with some kinda sarcastic remark shifting blame off him like, "What?!?!?! I was gonna say you've got an eye for details."

Victor Von Doom said:
This is where DSF replies back with some kinda angry remark because of...well you know. ;)

Me?

Angry Replies?

You must be thinking of some OTHER Doctor Strangefate....

*Aims*

Latest posts

Back