The Flash - Series Discussion (spoilers)

Re: The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive (spoilers)

Baxter said:
Preview of todays Flash issue to be found HERE.

The writers deffinatly have a handle on the Flash history. I just hope this first issue isn't almost all recap of the last 70 some years. I'm eager to get into the next incarnation of the scarlet speedster.

It's not. The background is done well, without taking up too much space. But it doesn't start off particularly fast paced. It's going to take me at least another issue or two to get a feel for the comic.

Last edited:

I read issue #1......I am lost as hell.

Wally West is gone.
Jay Garrick is the Flash.
Bart Allen has aged 4 years in just 1 year.

Someone is mentioning the Speed Force is gone. Bart taps into it. Well which is which?

The art is ok...nothing special...but ok. The writing doesn't really feel like an intro. It feels like they just picking up with a new arc.

2/5......maybe it'd get more if I knew what the hell was going on.

Victor Von Doom said:
I read issue #1......I am lost as hell.

Wally West is gone.
Jay Garrick is the Flash.
Bart Allen has aged 4 years in just 1 year.

Someone is mentioning the Speed Force is gone. Bart taps into it. Well which is which?

The art is ok...nothing special...but ok. The writing doesn't really feel like an intro. It feels like they just picking up with a new arc.

2/5......maybe it'd get more if I knew what the hell was going on.
Thank you. I was lost as hell, too. :?

But I think the art is good. I like it.

Ice said:
Thank you. I was lost as hell, too. :?

But I think the art is good. I like it.

The art just seemed too busy for what was actually going on.

The flashbacks and flashforwards didn't help either.

Last edited:

Ice said:
There were flashbacks?! :shock:

Well they weren't exactly flashbacks as they were different thoughts going on from different people.

The Red Box w/ Yellow Letters - Jay Garrick. There's a brief flashback when he remembers when Bart was brought into he and his wife's life.

The White Box w/ Red Letters - Wally West. There's a 2 page memory sequence he has where he goes from the past to the future. That right there really confused the hell outta me.

The Yellow Box w/ Red Letters - Bart Allen. The last few pages where Bart taps into the Speed Force and has his thought boxes going are just confusing all togther.

It was all just jumbled together.

Victor Von Doom said:
Well they weren't exactly flashbacks as they were different thoughts going on from different people.

The Red Box w/ Yellow Letters - Jay Garrick. There's a brief flashback when he remembers when Bart was brought into he and his wife's life.

The White Box w/ Red Letters - Wally West. There's a 2 page memory sequence he has where he goes from the past to the future. That right there really confused the hell outta me.

The Yellow Box w/ Red Letters - Bart Allen. The last few pages where Bart taps into the Speed Force and has his thought boxes going are just confusing all togther.

It was all just jumbled together.

I gotta agree with you on that. My understanding is this. The three Flashes tapped into the Speed Force together to rocket-pack Superboy Prime away. Jay Garrick couldn't keep up, and he got left behind. Barry Allen's wife and kids grabbed on when he speeded off, and as a result, that familar and Bart Allen all got sucked into the Speed Force, which then broke... somehow... Bart Allen returned a year later, aged four, and Barry Allen and his fam are still missing.

And now, somehow, the Speed Force is still around, but it's dangerous?

Eh.... I don't know...

Ok, someone explain to me who was Flash first and who came next in order and what not. This is all confusing... :dazed:

Ice said:
Ok, someone explain to me who was Flash first and who came next in order and what not. This is all confusing... :dazed:
Okay the first one was Jay Garrick way back in the golden age, he was more meda-human than use of the speed force

then Barry Allen, who I think may be Jay's nephew get powers more centric around the speed force.

And Barry's nephew Wally West got the same powers and became Barry's sidekick as Kid Flash. When Barry died Wally took the mantle of Flash (first major sidekick to do so).

And now its Bart Allen and I forget he relations maybe Barry's son I dont know.

I believe they all got their powers the same way from being choosen by the speed force

Last edited:

Yeah, this was boring.

BTW----I don't have the issue with me to verify...but I might be mistaken on the Wally West being in there. It might just be Barry and Bart.

Not sure...sorry for any added confusion.

I thought this was a good strong issue the art sufferen from having four inkers but i`ll reserve my judgement till the 3rd issue, looking forward to seeing Bart as the flash.

Just read #2. Even worse than the first issue. I'm giving this anothe 2 issues before I drop it.

It was just sooo not worth it.

Yeah, The Flash sucks.

I like it......But with the Wildstorm Relaunch a few months away, I can't afford to be buying books that I only "like". I'll have to give it another issue or so...

moonmaster said:
I like it......But with the Wildstorm Relaunch a few months away, I can't afford to be buying books that I only "like". I'll have to give it another issue or so...

:rockon:

Wildstorm: Anything else is for girls.

ProjectX2 said:
:rockon:

Wildstorm: Anything else is for girls.
Girly girls.

Back