The Golden Loeb Awards

Bass

Nexus of the World
According to Marvel, they're doing their Golden Loeb Awards.

I swear to God, Golden Loeb awards.

My friend, Vampire Will, put me onto this as he is aware of my disgust for Loebian scribing, so I give it my stamp of approval.

bsstampki8.jpg

**** YOU MARVEL

They stole this idea from Golden Mole award

What? Nova isn't best new series nominee? BULL!

And I totally agree with Mole on this.

It's a shame Marvel don't feel they can compete with DC anymore they have to make up their own award...seriously what's up with that.

Come to think of it, why Loeb in the first place?

I mean, hasn't he written one other Marvel title other then Ultimates? The Death of Captain America?

...I smell fixed vote!

Come to think of it, why Loeb in the first place?

I mean, hasn't he written one other Marvel title other then Ultimates? The Death of Captain America?

...I smell fixed vote!

Because his name rhymes with globe

This is ****ing hilarious. They need to come up with a way to make this more outrageous. Like awards for best partial nudity in a comic.

well heres the results

BEST WRITER
Ed Brubaker

RUNNER UP: Brian Michael Bendis

Write-ins included: Mike Carey, Warren Ellis, Joss Whedon

BEST PENCILLER:
John Cassaday

RUNNER UP: Steve McNiven

Write-ins included: David Aja (with the largest write-in vote in any category), Sean Chen, Salvador Larroca, Ariel Olivetti, Ron Garney, Mark Bagley, Pablo Raimondi, Mike Deodato, Stuart Immonen

BEST INKER - TIE!
Dexter Vines and Klaus Janson

Write-ins included: Bill Reinhold, Wade Von Grawbadger

BEST COLORIST
Laura Martin

RUNNER UP: Frank D'Amarta

Write-ins included: Val Staples, Dave McCaig, Christina Strain, Matt Milla, Justin Ponsor, Matt Hollingsworth

BEST LETTERER
Chris Eliopoulos

RUNNER UP: Richard Starkings

BEST COVER ARTIST
Marko Djurdjevic

RUNNER UP: Steve Epting

Write-ins included: Adi Granov, Ron Garney, Greg Horn, David Aja, Stuart Immonen, Greg Land, Art Adams, Travis Charest

BEST SINGLE ISSUE
Captain America #25 (the top vote-getter in any category, by far)

RUNNER UP: X-Men #200

Write ins included: too many to mention.

BEST STORY ARC
"The Death of the Dream, Act One" - Captain America #25-30

RUNNER UP: "Messiah Complex" - Assorted X-titles

Write-ins included: "The Last Iron Fist Story" - Immortal Iron Fist #1-6

BEST NEW SERIES
Avengers: Initiative

RUNNER UP: The Order (this was a see-saw race right up to the last five hours, when A;TI pulled ahead)

Write-ins included: Nova

BEST SERIES
Immortal Iron Fist (by ONE vote!)

RUNNER UP: Captain America

Write-ins included: Cable & Deadpool, X-Men, X-Factor, Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Punisher MAX

BEST LIMITED SERIES
World War Hulk

RUNNER UP: Annihilation: Conquest: Starlord

Write-ins included: SVTU: MODOK's 11, World War Hulk X-Men, Silver Surfer: Requiem, Sub-Mariner, Silent War, Omega the Unknown, Fallen Son, Battlin' Jack Murdock

BEST COLLECTED EDITION
Captain America Omnibus

RUNNER UP: Annihilation

Write-ins included: Essential Fantastic Four Volume 3, Marvel Masterworks: Strange Tales #1-10, Amazing Fantasy Omnibus

BEST CHARACTER 2007:
Captain America

RUNNER UP: Cyclops

Write-ins included: Iceman, Molly Hayes, Thor, Iron Fist, Anthem, Irredeemable Ant-Man, Star-Lord, Orson Randall, Daredevil, Winter soldier, Punisher

BEST VILLAIN 2007
Red Skull

RUNNER UP: The Hood

Write-ins included: Kingpin, Iron Man, Norman Osborn, MODOK, Aleksander Lukin, Barracude, Joe Quesada

BEST TEAM 2007:
New Avengers

RUNNER UP: The Astonishing X-Men

Write-ins included: X-Factor, Fantastic Four, The Order, The Thunderbolts, X-Men, Agents of Atlas, GLI, The Illuminati

BEST CLIFFHANGER 2007:
Captain America #25

RUNNER UP: New Avengers #31

Write-ins included: Nova #4, Sensational Spider-Man #41, Amazing Spider-Man #541, Astonsihing X-Men #22

BEST SPLASH PAGE 2007:
Ultimates 2 #13 (Ultimates Vs. Asgard)

RUNNER UP: Astonishing X-Men #23 (Cyke cuts loose)

BADASS MOMENT OF THE YEAR 2007:
Death Of Captain America (Captain America #25)

RUNNER UP: Cyclops' Awesome Plan (Astonishing X-Men #23)

Write-ins included: Bucky kicks RAID *** (Captain America #32), Iron Man movie trailer, Mephisto eliminates Spidey's marriage (Amazing Spider-Man #545), Spidey/Kingpin fight (Amazing Spider-Man #542), Thor fights Iron Man (Thor #3) , Venom eats a guy's arm (Thunderbolts #119),

Why was the death of Captain America 'Badass'? Also not a lot of surprises there, maybe iron fist beating CA for top series. And I would've expected Astonishing X-men to beat new avengers, but I guess it's not regular enough.

According to Marvel, they're doing their Golden Loeb Awards.

I swear to God, Golden Loeb awards.
Vomitrocious.

Are these supposed to be like The Razzies or something? I don't know how any award named after Loeb can represent any level of quality.
My friend, Vampire Will, put me onto this as he is aware of my disgust for Loebian scribing,
VAMPIRE WILL!

whatchutalkinboutmrvampire.jpg

Old School FTW.
...so I give it my stamp of approval.

bsstampki8.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back